• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any friends at school who are interested in Pokemon?

Have any friends at school who like Pokemon ?

• Yes

Votes: 51 47.2%
  • No </3

Votes: 36 33.3%
  • I Do - but they don't like to talk about it at school

Votes: 21 19.4%

• Total voters

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
  • No. >.> None of my friends have even heard of it, so I keep it on the DL. Well Harrison knows, cause he was like "Did you know all the jigglypuff come from moon caves?" But he was just being funny.

Alex-the-Kitsune

Currently on fire
    Years
  • lmao
    I love it when people say Pokemon is for kids.
    Then I tell them about EV training. ( Though I do know it is more aimed towards the younger generation most kids wouldn't get EV training)

No one really ever put me down for liking Pokemon :3 They already knew I was a weird ass individual and have grown used to me lmao. When I was in middle school I got teased for breathing though so yeah :|

Most of my friends like Pokemon but we don't really talk about it that much :3 I met my boyfriend through Pokemon and we've been together nine months xD<3

Years
  • lots of people like it at highline, but, even more make fun of me for it. I'm just like "whatev!!" and centenue playing/talking.

why do you think people grow out of pokemon???

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
    Years
  • I know some people that like it. Last year this one girl in band brought her DS and I watched her play Diamond for a bit. I also heard these two guys talking about it once. I wouldn't exactly call any of these people friends. One of my closer friends likes it, but she doesn't like it as much as I do. And we seem to talk about other things. Also I know some seniors that like it but I don't really talk to them.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • I don't know any of my friends who play it, honestly. I know some who used to, or who used to watch the show, but we never talk about it.

I talk about it a little bit with one or two of my closest friends, but other than that I keep it to myself. We've all known each other too long to really be made fun of for liking anything, but it's not something they're interested in, so I don't see any reason to bring it up.

joehat

Yay
    Years
  • I've heard people I know say "Pokemon is awesome" so I guess so. I don't know how into it they are, though. :P I'm still somehow ashamed to admit it even when they like it too.

Yeah haha but then as soon as you say, yeah dude I still love Pokemon! They're like, ummm I was joking Pokemon is laameeee. And then you're out there. I'm not afraid to admit I still play and watch Pokemon. I work with a 41 year old who still watches cartoons and plays Pokemon (he also has a daughter in 1st grade so that could be why hahah). There's no reason for you or anyone else to be ashamed. I mean like that one poster said, if Pokemon were real, you know everyone would be into it ahaha.

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    I don't know of anyone in school who liked Pokémon and like many people here I would be ashamed if they found out. I like them mostly because of the games, I love the games, I think they are very fun and also I love fantasy creatures I wish I could draw my own. I'm not interested in the anime, though. The reason I am ashamed is because people consider Pokémon fans immature and that they have little kids mentality. That doesn't take the fact that the games are fun.

joehat

Yay
    Years
  • Then why should you feel ashamed Gyroh? If you enjoy it, there's no reason to be ashamed. The games are indeed fun, and are definitely meant for all ages. I was at Borders Books recently and I found the Pokemon Special manga. I saw a few others reading it, most of them around my age. They were huddled in corners, or hiding the cover with their hands. It made me sad.

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    I'm not ashamed of liking it. I just don't want other people that would make fun to know, I don't feel like dealing with them.

Zennyo Ryūō

In love with CoD - WaW. XD
    Years
  • Myself and my friends use a code language to talk about pokémon at school. For example, pokémon = "Things". We use corruptions of words as well.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • a lot of my friends like pokemon, we talk about it, play it together etc.
    Also the one girl I work with pretty much promised to drive me home from work whenever I want because I gave her a Marril backpack :)

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I openly love Pokemon and I don't care who knows it. I have a Pokemon purse and a few shirts, heck, I've even brought my DS to school and started playing Pearl one day. xD Most of the time people say things like "Omg! PIKACHU! I love your shirt!" Usually the 'popular' group doesn't say anything...they know better. *MUAHAHA*

My friends aren't so open about it though...but we still talk about it. :)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well not really...
    I think they never heard about it! :P

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • I openly and unashamedly show off my interest in Pokémon, I played the game at school and I play it at university, and I tell people about my site (which is a little more extreme than most people I know's interest). But by confronting them with it and not being embarrassed about it, they don't care. It's ok to be 18 and like Pokémon. Most people don't like it, but the way I approach my interest in it prevents them from being able to mock me.

There's a few other people who were happy to admit they still liked it because they saw I got away with liking it. In fact, in my final year at school I had a few people to play against!

Back