• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ARE YOU ASHAMED OR EMBARASSED?

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I was the same age as Ash when I first got into Pokemon, but since I went to a private school none of the other kids liked Pokemon (or even cartoons or anime for that matter) except for the card game, which was the only part I wasn't interested in. I went to a different school in high school, but I was still made fun of for liking Pokemon and other things a bit too much. Now that I'm in college, I don't worry that I'll be made fun of, and I don't care too much about other's opinions anymore, but I still wait until I can trust a person before coming out and saying I like certain things, although when people see my artwork, or watch me draw, it doesn't seem to matter much what I'm drawing, they just like it anyway, so I can get away with living in the past. :3

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    I was the same age as Ash when I first got into Pokemon, but since I went to a private school none of the other kids liked Pokemon (or even cartoons or anime for that matter) except for the card game, which was the only part I wasn't interested in. I went to a different school in high school, but I was still made fun of for liking Pokemon and other things a bit too much. Now that I'm in college, I don't worry that I'll be made fun of, and I don't care too much about other's opinions anymore, but I still wait until I can trust a person before coming out and saying I like certain things, although when people see my artwork, or watch me draw, it doesn't seem to matter much what I'm drawing, they just like it anyway, so I can get away with living in the past. :3

Yea you gotta wait for that trust. I found that same trust with my GF and what was i doing with her today? Playing PBR wifi matches with her. lmao. I let her do whatever she wants until she asks for help, and the cool thing is we win most of the time.

Flaffy_Love<3

♥Flaffy ♥Mareep
    Years
  • No way I'll never be embarassed of Pokemon! I don't care what ANYBODY thinks! I grew up loving Pokemon and I'm not about to stop loving it now! I've loved it ever since I first saw the show and got the game!

How come Brock falls for rpetty girls but doesn't fall for Dawn or May? I mean, those girls are pretty, especially Dawn, she's adorable, but Brock doesn't fall for her like everybody else.....WHY?!

Last edited:

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    No way I'll never be embarassed of Pokemon! I don't care what ANYBODY thinks! I grew up loving Pokemon and I'm not about to stop loving it now! I've loved it ever since I first saw the show and got the game!

How come Brock falls for rpetty girls but doesn't fall for Dawn or May? I mean, those girls are pretty, especially Dawn, she's adorable, but Brock doesn't fall for her like everybody else.....WHY?!

^^great too here it!!

um... because their not of the same age....(brock is older!!!)

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009

Yeah...I've only told one of my friends that I like Pokemon, and she...had no response. She's the one I trust the most, though.

I really never tell anybody about that. People can't tease me if they don't know, right? ^^ And I don't let it show, either.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • No one really cares about popularity in college really...

Pretty much all of the popular kids at my school have a Pokemon game or two. I don't really think it matters, because I don't let Pokemon take over my life or anything. Just because I'm fond of Pokemon, doesn't mean I'm a total dork. In fact, I guess I'm what you would call one of the 'popular' people at my school. Oh, but I hate the show, because Ash sounds like a 265-pound lady that's had 1 too many beers, and the writers are probably of the same persuasion.

I think one of the reasons Pokemon is labeled as 'dorky' is because when you see, like, two Pokemon-loving little boys who are running arround being like: "Goooooooo Charizard" "Gooooooo Hoothoot!" "Hoothoot, use Fly!" *boy pretends to fly and hits the charizard i.e. other kid*
    Know what I mean? It's basicly if that's all you ever talk about, and do, you count as a nerd, but thats' true with pretty mush anything. ^_^

Last edited:

Solyss

✖Come At Me, Bro✖
    Years
  • :]]]]

I love Pokemon. People at school are all "Omg you're such a baby."

Whatever. I play my DS at school and yell at my DS when my Pokemon miss. D<
    People laugh at me because I like Pokemon, and I laugh at them because they're growing up too fast.

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
  • I get made fun because of it a lot, but I just think to myself.

'Who gives a crap? It's my opinion!'

It doesn't matter if people say Pokemon is gay or something, what matters is your opinion! ^_^

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    No, but I wouldn't want anyone beyond the walls of my house knowing that I like Pokemon. :/

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • There was a video game club at my high school and some people were playing Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. It doesn't really matter to me. No one picks on me for liking Pokemon, they have other reasons to...

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    i feel sorry for those other trainers out there who have a different scenario as you^.... they get picked on for just liking pokemon....

Years
  • I'm not. Before I quit and got my GED, I'd sit in the lobby at school playing the games. Noone ever gave me much **** for it. Some even joined right in.

Edit - Topic starter, chill out. Caps lock is NOT cruise control for cool.

Last edited:

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • I personally could care less about who knows that i like pokemon. (but my friend likes to tell everyone, he's definitly not ashamed at all lolz) but those who know are most of my friends. but then again im friends wit mostly everyone at that school besides a few (well not allowed to curse) and if it gets to out of hand if those people start to make fun of me they know i can kick their asses (red belt) so they just stop and walk away. :P

Back