• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black & White, Pokemon or not?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I think that 4 gen was the end of the line, seriously. this is just to much, i don't like the idea of triple battles, double battles were fun.
    And why make another gear!? why not just keep the pokégear? And the new pokemon... i don't like them, they remind me more of digimon now. What I think is this is simply becoming to much.
    Hey some of us just happen to like Digimon thank you very much :P.
    Well I think people should try it before the diss it

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • (oh god not another one)
    yeah youre right. its not pokemon, its a REVOLUTION. If you dont like it, then dont get it. be happy playing the past generations.

Oh yeah, and i actually love the idea of rotational battles. think of using 12 moves instead of 4, and always being ready, and having to deal with many different situations. It seems cool to me, i dont know about you nostalgia buffs. >_>

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013

Hey some of us just happen to like Digimon thank you very much :P.
    Well I think people should try it before the diss it
    People will say it's unoriginal, among other things. I like Digimon, but it was a bit too... How do I want to say this? Odd.

sparta

To reiterate: don't like, don't buy/don't complain before release. You can spout your opinion, just don't be a whiny old man about it. It's not ruined FOREVER unless it singlehandedly kills the series. Etc., etc.

Rotational battles seem fun.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • (oh god not another one)
    yeah youre right. its not pokemon, its a REVOLUTION. If you dont like it, then dont get it. be happy playing the past generations.

Oh yeah, and i actually love the idea of rotational battles. think of using 12 moves instead of 4, and always being ready, and having to deal with many different situations. It seems cool to me, i dont know about you nostalgia buffs. >_>
    Yeah I agree, I also loved the idea of 3 vs. 3 before we even had that much info on them :).

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Are Black and White different? Yes.
    Is that a bad thing? No.

It's that simple.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I actually hope this is the second to last ... o.O

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years
  • 2D black and white Kanto wouldn't sell now-a-days. There's no way they would get away with selling 5 generations of the same game.
    I welcome the changes, they're fine by me.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I have seen many changes, and they are disturbing me as it is hardly like the old games, what happened to a 2-d black and white Kanto? Now we have 2.75-D full color, rotating camera, 600 pokemon, and triple battles.

Now what do you say? I know that GAMEFREAK Inc. will do anything to keep customers, but seriously, some things are bad.

Lets take a look at the new features:
    Black & White, Pokemon or not?
    This is a Serebii.net screenshot, first off, the new pokemon, many say look like digimon or 10-minute sprites. This is also how we felt about Gen IV so it shouldnt concern much.

Isshu's art is interesting, it has no resemblence to the others and it is far away, which furthers that these are hardly Pokemon games

Oh god, the new battle system. TRIPLE BATTLES-surf/EQ/Muddy water/explosion-half of your team gone. for gods sake leave triple battles to fossil fighters. ROTATION BATTLES-Im in competitive battling, and I know that this will be hell on earth.

To make that better-VGC, the japanese will have months experience, while we will have ONE month eperience. No brainer on the finals

The version differences i like, however we have never seen that great of a difference before have we?

The C-Gear is seeming good, but it looks like crap. I mean, why Hexagonal shapes? it seems confusing to me, but i like the idea.

The pokeshifter, in POKEMON why combine whac-a-mole with archery? It was better when you CAUGHT your pokemon not SHOT them

PS. the sprites, they are EXTREMELY pixelated in my opinion, however i like the fact that they move, hopefully its in a manner similar to battle Rev where they also move when hit.

the rest of it you can figure out yourself

~Red

nice fossil fighters reference!

anyway...

Me: Alright a new game, I guess I'll buy it...
    Nintendo: Oh, Hai, we've actually been making you 35 bucks for 150 pokeymanz and a region, but now we r tryin to achely make teh game differin and werth byin unlike dimend n perl which was bs :D

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    ... That post was unintelligible. What were you saying that Nintendo's suppose to be saying?

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I know people rip the game, but it seems like they put actual effort into it to make it different.

Here's what I think: Screw RSE, Screw DPP (Ilu Johto)
    this is where the Pokemon Saga continues, they changed jack **** in gens 3 and 4, bw will be the best by far, because its not the same crap every single time. GOOD DAY.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If they didn't change anything then people would complain about them not being original... you can't please everyone, and like every other company they want to evolve, and we as th fans have to evolve with them...

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Gen 3 didn't screw anything up they brought more things in for competitive battles Natures and abilities. Gen 4 just brought the characteristics and that's it.

WarpstarX

The Green Trainer
    Years
  • I have seen many changes, and they are disturbing me as it is hardly like the old games, what happened to a 2-d black and white Kanto? Now we have 2.75-D full color, rotating camera, 600 pokemon, and triple battles.

Now what do you say? I know that GAMEFREAK Inc. will do anything to keep customers, but seriously, some things are bad.

Lets take a look at the new features:
    This is a Serebii.net screenshot, first off, the new pokemon, many say look like digimon or 10-minute sprites. This is also how we felt about Gen IV so it shouldnt concern much.

Isshu's art is interesting, it has no resemblence to the others and it is far away, which furthers that these are hardly Pokemon games

Oh god, the new battle system. TRIPLE BATTLES-surf/EQ/Muddy water/explosion-half of your team gone. for gods sake leave triple battles to fossil fighters. ROTATION BATTLES-Im in competitive battling, and I know that this will be hell on earth.

To make that better-VGC, the japanese will have months experience, while we will have ONE month eperience. No brainer on the finals

The version differences i like, however we have never seen that great of a difference before have we?

The C-Gear is seeming good, but it looks like crap. I mean, why Hexagonal shapes? it seems confusing to me, but i like the idea.

The pokeshifter, in POKEMON why combine whac-a-mole with archery? It was better when you CAUGHT your pokemon not SHOT them

PS. the sprites, they are EXTREMELY pixelated in my opinion, however i like the fact that they move, hopefully its in a manner similar to battle Rev where they also move when hit.

the rest of it you can figure out yourself

~Red
    So you're saying game freak should release the same 8-bit game with NO NEW pokemon NO NEW features none the less on the Nintendo DS?!? No. Just no besides what the hell separates a pokemon from a digimon because I don't see it. Even if they do look like digimon IN
    YOUR EYES who said that was a bad thing? They're both creatures so shouldn't that not matter? Saying they look like digimon sounds like an excuse to justify that you don't like them. P.S. The Japanese make the games In THEIR OWN language first, do you really think they are gonna wait months to translate the english one just to "make fair",no...because that would be ridiculous.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • You can't say Pokemon look like Digimon due to Pokemon coming first. So you have to say Digimon look like Pokemon.

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
    Years
  • What I find funny about all of the complaining about "new features that are ruining pokemon as a whole" is that no one complained about the multiplayer features in GSC or the Telephone, or the new bag system. No one complained about the Wireless in FrLg, or the Pokemon Contests in RSE. Could it be that everyone is over analyzing this all? I'm as much guilty as the rest of us for the one fact that everyone is over analyzing Pokemon. I've followed 2 or 3 series' for a while. Pokemon BW, Halo Reach, and Fallout New Vegas. Vegas, everyone's stoked because its the same game, no prob there... Reach, there are some radical changes, but everyone trusts Bungie enough to believe that this game is gonna rock. Pokemon on the other hand, it seems like everyone's freakin and busting their lids because your main menu looks different. Can we not complain so much and just be the loyal little buggers that we are and trust GF and Nintendo to produce a great game like they've been doing since 1995?

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011

So.. The Pokémon look like well detailed Digimon (that's how I see a Digimon, more detail) and really plain looking? (I.E 10-minute sprites..) You want a 20-minute sprite instead of the '10-minute' and '30-minute' sprites they currently do? Oh.. Then here:

Ok.. Then I guess Sushi in America shouldn't be called Sushi. Seeing as how it's far away from Japan.. It's hardly sushi then.. I bet it has no real resemblance to sushi, kinda like Chinese Restaurants isn't the same as in China.
    Ok, I came with a bad example, but the statement you made above is just plain ridiculous.

I don't really care for competitive battling, so I can't comment this. Rotation battles will make the battles more fun for me..

Hasn't it ALWAYS been like that? I assume that it's some kind of competition..

Oh you're just afraid of change?

Because they didn't want to use a triangle?

Maybe it was better.. But might not have been more fun - besides you still catch them normally outside of the Pokéshifter..

Can't comment on them being pixelated, as I don't really care, besides, there's probably some kind of setting to make the camera not move around. That means they will be less pixelated..

Answers are in bold text. I'm all for change myself.

Back