• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen BW Pokemon Transfer

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    cross-gen interactions

So it has been confirmed a while ago that you can directly trade pokemon from your IV gen game to your V generation game but do you think that there will be other interactions between the 2 generations ?

Years
  • It should be possible, but it probably isn't. I mean, it should be, since it's on the DS, and since Gen 4 games were on the DS and could connect with the GBA games, Gen 5 games should be the same, in my opinion. Although since it's a new Gen, I doubt it. (Has it been confirmed that you can trade between the Gen 4 and 5 games? I'm pretty sure I read that you could just transfer from your Gen 4 games in a Pal Park method- in which case I doubt to a further extent that connection to the 3rd Gen games will be possible)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • If you're trying to imply the possibility of cross-generational battling, that'd be very unlikely. Aside from the annoyance of preventing the B/W player from using fifth gen pokemon or attacks, the battle system may see another overhaul like it did between genIII and genIV, making compatibility impossible.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
  • Yeah you could trade your 4th gen Pokemon over...
    but it's only one at a time =\
    and possibly not until after the first time you see the Credits roll XD

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • I think that will probably do like the 1st and 2nd generation.
    It will be a time machine and to enter in it, you must not have anything that come from the new generation.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I wish that it would be like gen I and II...

I think that will probably do like the 1st and 2nd generation.
    It will be a time machine and to enter in it, you must not have anything that come from the new generation.

This.

That would be awesome and plus most of my friends won't get the game in like 100 years so I could still battle them too (with awesome graphics!!)

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    If they did it for GBA games to DS games, then why wouldn't they do it from DS to DS games?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • They confirmed that you can transfer pokemon from gen 4 to gen 5 but we don't know whether they will have any more interactions and that's what we are speculating about theo :)

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
    Years
  • I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but there was that tidbit of info about IR trades. (Infra Red trades) Very quick, very efficient, trading entire boxes over to another game. Since HG and SS are the only games with IR recievers, it's possible that you'll be able to trade from ONLY those games. But, i could be wrong, I just think there would be no way to TRADE your pokemon over since universal paradoxes ensue when 2nd gen are put in 1st gen, 3rd to 2nd, 4th to 3rd, etc.

Pal Park anyone?

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but there was that tidbit of info about IR trades. (Infra Red trades) Very quick, very efficient, trading entire boxes over to another game. Since HG and SS are the only games with IR recievers, it's possible that you'll be able to trade from ONLY those games. But, i could be wrong, I just think there would be no way to TRADE your pokemon over since universal paradoxes ensue when 2nd gen are put in 1st gen, 3rd to 2nd, 4th to 3rd, etc.

Pal Park anyone?

I'm sorry but what are Infra Red trades?

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    They confirmed that you can transfer pokemon from gen 4 to gen 5 but we don't know whether they will have any more interactions and that's what we are speculating about theo :)

Ah, skimming has not been my friend today.

So trading is good. They've made a bit of an effort to make it clear about the distance Isshu is from the rest. Seems like they want to keep this to a minimum to me.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Due to the HG/SS game cards having an infrared transmitter/receiver that they use to communicate with the PokéWalker, a method of transferring/trading with the help of that might be possible.

Thank You!

That's awesome but it means that it probablly you canonly trade with HG/SS and not D/P/PT (not a prob to me I keep all my good Pokemon on my HG) but definatly a problem to people who don't have HGSS

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    Unless Black and White contain all of the Hoenn, Johto, Kanto, and Sinnoh pokemon (Which I doubt highly) you'll need to be able to trade between HG/SS at least. Potentially, you can trade through GEN 4 DS games. That way, you can Pal Park from R/S/E and then to B/W from HG/SS.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    If there's one thing for certain, it'd be the game programmers plan much far ahead than we think. For sure there will be at least a transfer kind of interaction.

I guess something like the Time Machine can be implemented. Like a Long Distance Trade System, but New Pokemon and New Moves cannot be transfered because of Alien and Environmental dangers to Sinnoh and Jotho. That's probably the most reasonable without breaking Wall 4 like TM in GSC.

Back