• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
  • I hate homework. I never do it normally. If it gets brought up during class then I will quickly write something down. Most of the teachers in my school aren't bothered if you don't do the homework anyway. I have never had a detention for not doing it.

Have never had a detention at all.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    As long as it isn't on my face I'm ok. XD

They all know everyone is bogged down with this and that so they need a good laugh. XD
    Aww :< well that ruins the fun XD

That would be horrible if they actually did that just for a laugh XD But as far as exams go, we get cheat sheets for some of our classes so it's not all bad. Though even with a cheat sheet I still managed to fail my geometry final ;~;

I hate homework. I never do it normally. If it gets brought up during class then I will quickly write something down. Most of the teachers in my school aren't bothered if you don't do the homework anyway. I have never had a detention for not doing it.

Have never had a detention at all.
    LUCKY =O Back in Middle School I got about 5 detentions because I didn't do my homework D: They had this system where if you didn't do you homework you got a check. And if you get 3 checks you get a detention. Can't say I was too thrilled about that, neither were my parents.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've gotten class detentions, where the teacher gets so fed up with the class that he/she keeps them in for recess. But that was never my fault and I didn't like going out for recess anyway.

I got detention once for chasing some boy around my classroom in grade 4 though. XD It was such a stupid reason for detention and to this day I still don't what was wrong with it. Other than that, though, I've never gotten detention. oo; Teachers don't give them out for not completing homework here.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • My middle school never gave out detentions . No matter what you did you didn't get punished for it.

I hate class detentions. Even though I normally get let out most of my friends are still left in there. So it makes for a really boring break.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • The most strange detention I ever got (and the only one, now that I think) was the day where most of my year went out of the school two hours before the lessons finished to a travel to celebrate the end of the year (although it was in March- don't ask), so the three people that didn't go to the travel went out too. I was one of them. So I got detention that evening for skipping two hours. Funny part: the teacher vigilating us was the teacher who we had these two hours. So we didn't lose our lessons, just delayed them three hours xD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I never got detention, but I was told to go somewhere else because I got to school too early. XD

I'm homeschooled now so I don't have to deal with detention, getting stuff done right away (well I do got tests 4 times a year, I got to go off to do them), and best of all, I get to stay in the bed till 10 or 11 on a school day. XD

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I was always a good person, so I never got detention. Either that I'm just too nice, or that my school is too nice. I don't recall my school ever giving out detentions.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    I was always a good person, so I never got detention. Either that I'm just too nice, or that my school is too nice. I don't recall my school ever giving out detentions.

Oh man, that's the total opposite with my school! We have so many detention-happy teachers it's ridiculous! My one Spanish teacher gave me like 5 detentions this past year for forgetting to spit out my gum before class!

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Oh man, that's the total opposite with my school! We have so many detention-happy teachers it's ridiculous! My one Spanish teacher gave me like 5 detentions this past year for forgetting to spit out my gum before class!

Our school used to let us chew gum as long it didn't distract them. Maybe because we have the coolest teachers?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I have gum all the time during class. I never got got detention for it though. I can't now i have my braces in. My school seems bad at telling people off.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I only had detention once during all four years of high school. It was during Year 9, and I got detention for choking a student; I was lucky not to get suspended, if not outright expelled. XD

I was also perhaps one of the few students to actually demand detention, if only to get away from annoying classmates. XD

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I had a detention on my first day at Junior school when I was like, 7 or something. I slid down one of the stair railings and was caught by the headteacher. XDD

I usually do my homework in time, but there's some times where I just really can not be bothered to do anything and come up with an excuse as to why I didn't do my homework. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. XD This year I haven't had one detention, except from the class ones that are just plain annoying.

We're not allowed to chew gum at my school, if you get caught, you have to pick off all of the gum stuck underneath the school desks. Disgusting. D: Of course you don't have to pick it off with bare hands. XD I chew gum anyway, I rarely get caught.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Having to pick off the gum from under the desk sounds disgusting. Only ever seen that happen 1 time at my school. Headteacher caught a boy in my class sticking gum under his desk. He had to clean it and we all took the mick out of him.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Our school used to let us chew gum as long it didn't distract them. Maybe because we have the coolest teachers?

Oh, most of my teachers let us. It's just most of the foreign language department has a problem with gum chewing. They say it makes it so you can't roll your r's and stuff. That's why I scheduled myself out of foreign languages this year, because all teh teachers are like 10x stricter than any other teacher. Yay electives!

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    In my school, we practiclly own it. We only go to lessons when we want to, once there was 3/4 of our year out of lessons, doing nothing.

Pretty Cool :)
    I wonder how cool it'll be in a few years when 3/4 of your year can't get a job because they had a crap education, and have nobody to blame but themselves.

BlueSonic

Banned
    Years
  • I've had my fair few of detentions. Once i threw a brick behind me for fun and hit this boy on the head. I had a months detention for it, but i didnt mean to hit him.

Edit: Legacy, that was until they brought the cops into the school after the scissor-stab-girl-in-head incident.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Legacy that is true.
    The people that cut at my school did bad in thier tests and they now regret cutting school.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back