• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I think at some level complaining is a way of relating to people. Like most people have to get up early, so people complain about getting up early as a way to connect with everyone else that also has to get up early. It's not necessarily bad in all instances, but it can get grating.

Sirfetch’d

Ha yeah I agree. Especially about the complaining about getting up early part as I have complained about that countless times! :[

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Works is loads harder than school. No question. Even if you do less.
    This. I'm sorry if I come off as mean, but sitting on your ass all day, reading books is a dream compared to work. After 3 years of graduating high school, I honestly regret the fact that I ignored all that knowledge and what not about the world we live in, and learning almost nothing. I feel stupid sometimes, only because I can't get basic history down.

Years
  • When I was at school, I usually had to get up really early because the schools I went to were usually out-of-area for me, and I had to be carpooled to pretty much every individual school I went to.

I usually had to go to schools for students with special needs due to me having autism. The primary school I went to was in fact specifically only for kids with autism and similar conditions.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I've been complaining about school since my semester started, primarily because I'm too impatient to finish.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I woke up about 15 minutes before school started and drove on my moped every day from first day of freshman year to graduation day. I don't wake up early. Mornings are the devil.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Even though I don't shower I still need 45-60 minutes to get ready in the mornings. I inadvertently cut it down when I started worked to like 35 but I feel rushed and I just realized why. I had my alarm for 6:30 planning to leave at 7:30 but I leave 7:05-7:10 now. Maybe I need to wake up earlier.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    University would be so much easier if I never had to wake up before 11AM, I feel.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    They've done studies that show that young people actually are less productive when you wake them up early, even if they try to sleep earlier, because their bodies are wired to stay up later no matter what so they get chronic sleep deprivation.

Years
  • University would be so much easier if I never had to wake up before 11AM, I feel.

So agreed. It's always difficult for me to go to class before 9AM regardless of how much sleep I got. I used to go to bed around 8PM to wake for an early class but even with 10 hours of sleep I was very exhausted at school. Because 6:50AM class, no way no how.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • ^6:50 am class WHAT

7:30 am was the earliest class I've taken before but a 6 am class awwww helll naw I pass. xD

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • 8:30 AM was the earliest time I've ever had classes. It was torturously (is this even a valid word?) painful and I don't want to have those ever again. Having classes at 9:30 (the most common in my recent school years) is hard enough and I already have to struggle to keep myself awake. Also the only reason why I drink coffee.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • They've done studies that show that young people actually are less productive when you wake them up early, even if they try to sleep earlier, because their bodies are wired to stay up later no matter what so they get chronic sleep deprivation.
    I've never been one to sleep in. My wake up window is 6:30 - 9, and I just wake up when "I'm ready". Once I'm up, I'm up. Can't go back to sleep.

I don't use an alarm. If I know I have to be somewhere, I tend to be able to wake up in time. I am up on weekdays without a prompt at 6:30 everyday.

I can stay up later, I'll still be up at the same time. On weekends, I'll go to sleep between 2 - 3:30 and I'll still be up during my usual window.

Sirfetch’d

I've never been one to sleep in. My wake up window is 6:30 - 9, and I just wake up when "I'm ready". Once I'm up, I'm up. Can't go back to sleep.

I don't use an alarm. If I know I have to be somewhere, I tend to be able to wake up in time. I am up on weekdays without a prompt at 6:30 everyday.

God I wish I had that ability especially during school days. It takes me at least 5 tries to wake up and even when I get out of bed I'm not "awake" for hours haha. I guess I can blame my awful sleep schedule for that problem though...

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Same here. Since I was 17, I could wake up in a certain time window no problem. Still didn't stop me from using an alarm at 4 in the morning though, I needed something to wake me up for work. If I was even sleeping at that time. God, going to open a store drunk(especially your parents)was the stupidest thing I ever did. Why did I ever go that far?

Sirfetch’d

I'm going to have trouble waking up tomorrow. I've been up for almost 2 days with no sleep and I know I will regret it when morning comes. crying irl

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I feel so weird, like I should sleep but also I might not feel well and I'm half not tired. It's a very strange feeling. I think I feel stressed, like I'm forgetting something, but I know I'm not.

One good thing about working, I don't have to remember things to do outside of work for my job. No homework!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I guess I must put a reminder to myself to sleep much earlier. Even though sometimes I sleep at 10-11 PM, for weird reason I'm still up until 2-3 AM. I'm so late at sleeping :(

And I missed my first work, when I was typing MS Word and stuffs.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I know! It's so nice. Once you're home, you're home. Weekends... no studying or anything. It is bizarre

It's different in my case. Even though there are almost nothing to do when I'm home, I still have homework to do because I still have some private lessons like Mandarin courses in every Monday. Plus I'm having something to do somewhere, in weekends.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back