• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Moob Chat [now with 90% more Elf Gynecomastia. GO ON PO SERVER (ANNOUNCEMENT)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    I'm expecting that Smogon will announce this soon, but someone I know from Pokemon Online went on to #stark and heard this:

(20:45) Navy: 23:34 atticus yeah lets talk about heracross in UU
    (20:45) Navy: 23:34 LonelyNess Do we get new tiers soon?
    (20:45) Navy: 23:34 fm tentacruel for uu
    (20:45) Navy: 23:34 atticus hera is confirmed UU
    (20:45) Navy: 23:34 fm lol hera is going to rape uu so hard
    (20:45) Navy: 23:35 whistle scarf heracross is good
    (20:45) Navy: 23:35 fm nothing will stop scarf heracross

Within the next day or so, Heracross is going to be in UU. Doesn't make sense to me cause 5th gen is out in 10 days... discuss?

dpp doesnt end just because black and white is out. adv didnt stop the day dpp was out. people wont have sets for every pokemon for a month or so. we wont have any idea what is good or bad for quite some time as well. dpp will still be the standard game everyone will play for about a month or two into black and white when it starts to shift over.

i think they are doing one last tier arrangement, enough time to throw together a haphazard uu test, ban heracross to bl and then move on.

double posting because i can

Daily Moob Chat [now with 90% more Elf Gynecomastia. GO ON PO SERVER (ANNOUNCEMENT)]

welcome to uu heracross :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022

im probably going to release mine or just use them as HM slaves. and i really hope we dont get another fire/fighting type. three fire/fighting starters in a row is dumb.

that's exactly as i was thinking ;~;

tenta needs to be uu, not hera. >:(

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
    dpp doesnt end just because black and white is out. adv didnt stop the day dpp was out. people wont have sets for every pokemon for a month or so. we wont have any idea what is good or bad for quite some time as well. dpp will still be the standard game everyone will play for about a month or two into black and white when it starts to shift over.

also, I still use my Emerald version even now, as surf doesn't hit you're ally, and you can it's easier to be better, as you have less competition....

oh well it's probably irrelevant, but i must be in this thread, just to show Whiscash's Epicness

because they are immune to Master balls, Master balls (and important remotes^^) make a tasty snack XD

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    also, I still use my Emerald version even now, as surf doesn't hit you're ally, and you can it's easier to be better, as you have less competition....

oh well it's probably irrelevant, but i must be in this thread, just to show Whiscash's Epicness

because they are immune to Master balls, Master balls (and important remotes^^) make a tasty snack XD

- If you continue to make terrible posts that arent funny and don't contribute your posts will continue to be deleted and you will continue to be warned or infracted and you will have your thread posting privileges removed and be put on a "blacklist" for a period of time.

That seeems fitting imo

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Hera actually isn't all that bad in UU to be honest. We have been playing around with it by meeting on IRC and then playing on CAP (strong battlers like Jabba, Eo, Whistle, etc) and its a lot less underwhelming than we expected it to be. Its still strong and stuff, I'm not saying its not (because I would look retarded if i did!) but people are comparing it to gallade and you really can't do that. Gallade had Psycho Cut which OHKO'd Weezing/Venu and friends and it also had Shadow Sneak to take out weak "revengers" and Missy/Rotom and pals. Hera has Vacuum Suck which basically means the revenger pokemon needs to be at 2% HP for it to be effective (exaggeration but yeah). Hera is a lot more managable than expected.

EDIT: If anyone doesn't already know, Pokemon-Online has 3rd gen pretty much running normally so if you can't download NetBattle we can play on there. ^__^

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hera actually isn't all that bad in UU to be honest. We have been playing around with it by meeting on IRC and then playing on CAP (strong battlers like Jabba, Eo, Whistle, etc) and its a lot less underwhelming than we expected it to be. Its still strong and stuff, I'm not saying its not (because I would look retarded if i did!) but people are comparing it to gallade and you really can't do that. Gallade had Psycho Cut which OHKO'd Weezing/Venuand friends and it also had Shadow Sneak to take out weak "revengers" and Missy/Rotom and pals. Hera has Vacuum Suck which basically means the revenger pokemon needs to be at 2% HP for it to be effective (exaggeration but yeah). Hera is a lot more managable than expected.

EDIT: If anyone doesn't already know, Pokemon-Online has 3rd gen pretty much running normally so if you can't download NetBattle we can play on there. ^__^

Thing is Gallade had a hard counter, Spiritomb and several amazing checks i.e Weezing (ooo cool you use psycho cut ? Nice being totally Pursuit bait for Tomb. Yeah a SDer is Pursuit bait i went there) Nidoqueen, Slowbro and it still had very viable revenge killers such as Swellow and Moltres.

Hera doesn't, you must rely on revenge killing. Which when combined with its bulk and superior typing to Gallade is really really hard. I guess you have Golbat and Gligar (rofl). But the rest of its checks get owned by even resisted hits (Swellow, Arcanine and Moltres)

Gallade had Psycho Cut which OHKO'd Weezing/Venu

Weezing is a horrid Hera check. Not only does the CBer wear it down with pathetic recovery method but its also SET UP FODDER for the SDer, not only that but flame orb cross flat out OHKO's. Same with Venu who also gets mauled by Megahorn.

Either way "wow this is awesome, there is like 3 days left in gen 4 weeee" >__> lol

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years

Then we have gen 5, which if dpp is any indicator, will be godawful.

But DPP isn't an indicator...we're getting entirely new pokemon this time around, which we can't make predictions about until we actually see them. Plain old DP wasn't terrible, Platinum is what ruined it :(

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years

Then we have gen 5, which if dpp is any indicator, will be godawful.

We get it. You hate Gen IV and V. Gen III is better. We understand.

I know most of you aren't excited but I seriously can't wait for Gen V. I love a new generation and honestly, I don't see myself getting as involved in competitive battling this generation. I know most of you don't like the new designs and the new potential additions, but I love them. Sure, they're not like Gens I and II but I'm glad they're not doing the same thing over and over again. Good game franchises evolve (no pun intended) over time and I'm glad Pokemon isn't remaining stagnant. The designs aren't bad at all. The only new Pokemon I'm not really fond of is Tabunne but I'm sure I'll get used to it over time. In the end, most of you will hate the new Pokemon no matter what. And I've come to accept that from the Pokemon fandom as a whole. But we should appreciate we're fans of a game franchise that likes to try new things and new designs and new everything in hopes of creating a new experience each time for their fans.

tl;dr: I wish fans would appreciate the things the creators do more. I read an interview by Satoshi Tajiri yesterday and the effort he puts into each game is astounding.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    We get it. You hate Gen IV and V. Gen III is better. We understand.

I know most of you aren't excited but I seriously can't wait for Gen V. I love a new generation and honestly, I don't see myself getting as involved in competitive battling this generation. I know most of you don't like the new designs and the new potential additions, but I love them. Sure, they're not like Gens I and II but I'm glad they're not doing the same thing over and over again. Good game franchises evolve (no pun intended) over time and I'm glad Pokemon isn't remaining stagnant. The designs aren't bad at all. The only new Pokemon I'm not really fond of is Tabunne but I'm sure I'll get used to it over time. In the end, most of you will hate the new Pokemon no matter what. And I've come to accept that from the Pokemon fandom as a whole. But we should appreciate we're fans of a game franchise that likes to try new things and new designs and new everything in hopes of creating a new experience each time for their fans.

tl;dr: I wish fans would appreciate the things the creators do more. I read an interview by Satoshi Tajiri yesterday and the effort he puts into each game is astounding.

I think the reason most people are apprehensive is the fact that Platifail pretty much single handedly killed competitive pokemon around these parts. It took great games (DP) and did a huge crap all over them basically. At least that is getting sorted out now with bans.

I too am looking forward to these games. Pokemon is getting very stale in every tier and S+M is getting as much action as a fat ugly bald man covered in mayonnaise. So hopefully it will get active again.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I've been excited for gen 5 for awhile, I hate almost all of the designs (there are some exceptions) as after all everything jumps the shark sooner or later, but the gameplay itself is still as solid as ever so what's not to get excited about? The chance for the end of complaining about Platinum is more than enough for me.

The Pokemon designs are actually pretty dreadful though. However, the legends are definitely better than Dialga and especially Palkia. If they put in a Light type I won't be happy though. Worst. Idea. Ever.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I read an interview by Satoshi Tajiri yesterday and the effort he puts into each game is astounding.
    Oh, he actually works on the games still? Or do you mean someone else?

Anyway, I'm very excited for BW, and the only thing I dislike is Tsutarja and Pokabu's evolutions.

https://pokejungle.net/2010/09/10/possible-corocoro-leaks/
    Now I'm really disappointed with Pokabu, Fire / Fighting is getting boring. :\ The monkeys are cute though, I like the speak no evil, hear no evil, see no evil theme. I hope Chaobuu's type is not true, but it probably is...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    No more stupid Fire/Fighting types -_- I mean really, two is enough at this point, I think they can come up with something else.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well at least SkarmBliss will fall again in popularity?

At least make its second type interesting x_x

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    He still works on them. He has the final word on all Pokemon designs and still draws the final official art.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    The newest batch of mons actually makes me pretty happy. :3 I like all of them save a few. Also, the one I have as my avatar, if it's a basic stage pokemon, it'll probably be pretty common in LC. (It's ability "Tension" hinders the use of berries. ;o)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back