• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you consider your username to be your second name?

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
Years
  • I think it actually goes a bit further than just being a second name. For me it's not only another name, it's my online persona. Kind of like a "Cyber Identity," if you will. I'm sure other members feel the same, I'm just a tad lazy at the moment to read over the 4 pages. :]

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • Yes, because I never reveal my real name online to anyone except my closest friends. So technically, when I'm online, The Corrupt Plauge IS my name. If a forum asks for personal info when I want to join, it is always fake.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Let's Get Lost Together isn't something everyone calls me everyday. Not even here at the community would I be called that, as some may find it too long. However, when they don't they simply revert to my older name, Aero. which for them is natural, simple, and shorter. For real life though, many people find themselves calling me Shivi, which is my nickname. However, I do plan to get a name change this coming october to something I seem to really enjoy and I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up growing on me after awhile.

By Drew: Yes.

This name.. doesn't even make me think of the Pokemon character anymore. xD; So many people online think that it's my real name. Heck, I bet you I could change my username, and everyone would still call me Drew. I've had it since I joined here, and even before that I used it on a couple of other forums. On most of the Pokemon forums I joined, I keep the SN. It's just easier that way.. the end result is no one calls me by anything else. Except for one or two people on here, who know my RL nickname and call me by it. :x

Literally.. only two people, that I can think of. xD;

You are very right on what you said here. Recently you've gotten your name altered from Drew to Break. Even though it is your new username, I still end up finding myself referring to you as Drew. So, it is a name that has definitely grown onto me for which I call you.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Ever since I started using "Timbjerr", people on the internets call me "Tim" for short, which I've adapted as my RL nickname...even though my name is Tommy. XD

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Nope. My user-name never fits with my nickname. There's always a chance for the next user-name, but not this one.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I would consider it to be my first name. Wait... IT IS!

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • It only suits some nicknames, doesn't it? xD

Yes, my username on PC is the one I'm most known as, and I use it in the IRC chan where I met most of my friends here.

I'm Camisado, Cami, Cami-cake (thanks Siggy xD), Cami-shaa (oh, that waka), Cam, Cam-chan, Cam-shaft (curse you mewthree xD) and sometimes Kellysado (my real name is Kelly - I believe this name came from Audy).

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Technically I can now say yes. XD This username is what many friends off of PC and on PC call me. Never do I get called by my real name anymore. XD

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    No, not this username. Some of my closer friends call me Luna occasionally because of my email address, but not nearly often enough to even be called a nickname.

Psittaciformes

~♫♪۞۩☺☻~
    Years
  • No, I don't consider my username as my second name. I have a lot of different names I use on different forums. Not only that, but I'm also starting to dislike this username (didn't think when choosing a username). It's too long and hard to spell, and because of that, I've been given a nickname. I'll have to wait for about four more months until I can get a name change. I'm currently debating on what my next username should be. The second username I'm choosing is what I'm gonna stick with for a very long time.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I consider Zeta as another name. Not the Dimentio part. I'm keeping Zeta no matter what theme I go with, and I would actually respond with Zeta.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Since this was the first forum I joined where I actually made friends, yes. Yes I do. My first nickname here was Silver, given to me by Astinus, so the writing community typically calls me that. However, the Pokemon Special community usually calls me Splatty. SSS is another one, I suppose, and it's always my post comment tag since my username is long. I modded another forum where my username was Sydian, which is also my writer's name, so usually Silver and Sydian (or Syd) are my second names. I like to pretend Splatty doesn't exist. :B

Edit; Also, I would never expect (or want) to be called Healthy Libido in person. Ever. I used Irishaboo on another forum for a long time to stalk Rekhyt and I used it as a MySpace name, but my friend Scott made fun of me for it. I thought it was cool, so then I beat him in the face with an American soup ladle. I went by Kurt Cobain and got called that...a lot...so I thought I was Kurt Cobain for a while. Color Me Happy and Genocide never stuck with people, though. I'm pretty much ranting so I'm just gonna go away.

Last edited:

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • Yes.

This name.. doesn't even make me think of the Pokemon character anymore. xD; So many people online think that it's my real name. Heck, I bet you I could change my username, and everyone would still call me Drew. I've had it since I joined here, and even before that I used it on a couple of other forums. On most of the Pokemon forums I joined, I keep the SN. It's just easier that way.. the end result is no one calls me by anything else. Except for one or two people on here, who know my RL nickname and call me by it. :x

Literally.. only two people, that I can think of. xD;

So true xD

Yeah, since RickySlaughter is the name use in my band. So yep.

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
  • Nah, I wouldn't consider Brushfire as a second name for me, really. However, I have used "Sam Brushfire" as a name for a Fan-Fic character in the past, so yeah. :3

Back