• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you ever play as your other gender?

Do you play as your other gender?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    On my first playthrough, I'd stick to my own gender. (I'm a female.)
    On my second playthough, I'd play as the opposite sex just for teh lulz.
    (Though I'm not gonna play as Ethan in my heart gold, even if I hate lyra alot. Lost silver scared me. >_>;)

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    On Leaf Green I played as Red once.Then I discovered Leaf and I pick her everytime. <3

On Johto it's simple,SS for Silver HG for Kotone/Lyra

The first time I beat a Hoenn was with May.But I use the Brendan now. (same scenario as LG just gender swaped)

On Sinnoh I just flip a coin to see which gender I use.

On Issue I used the Boy twice,I'm saving the girl for my English copy.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I primarily play as my gender, Male. I am, however, currently playing as a female in my current Platinum playthrough, just for the change, an dthis is after countless playthroughs as a male character. Also, when I was younger and first got Crystal, I thought you had to play as the female to find the Unown. (Don't ask me why. XD) Other than that, I pretty much only play as the male character.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Depends on the team I've decided on.
    If it's a very masculine looking team, I'll choose the girl.
    Very feminine looking team, I'll use the boy.
    Cuz I'm cool like that. B]

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I find the female sprites more aesthetically pleasing, so I usually choose them.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • I am a girl and I always stick to my own gender. I guess because almost every other game you play it's always a boy, I like the option of actually playing the game as a girl!

Years
  • Sometimes I pick based on the design. Usually I go for the female though, i've done it in Crystal Version to the Black and White. Except for HeartGold/SoulSilver, I didn't like Lyra's overworld sprite. :/

Ayselipera

I usually go with the female player, but after the hundredth time of playing or so I'll switch off to the male player. The only time I really started playing as the male for the majority of each time I began a new game was for HeartGold and SoulSilver. Something about Lyra was just annoying after a while so I had to stop playing as her. Not to mention I hated how Lyra's hair would block out some of my taller Pokemon when they walked around together.

tobi-ksla

Years
  • I normally play as the male character because I'm a dude myself.

But recently, in Heart Gold, I've made my character female. Her hat reminds me of a hat worn by a character that I read about in a Pokémon spin-off manga.

And I'm going to choose the female character for Black Version... For slightly different reasons...

... Though I'll most likely pick the male character when the third game comes out.

ConPO

I am the Catalyst
    Years
  • I sometimes go as a girl, like I did in Diamond, but in every other game I've played, I've gone as a boy. I always thought that the girl characters aren't as well designed as the male ones. Except Dawn, that's why I went with her. I may pick White over Black though. She looks cool.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I am a girl that chooses to play as her assigned gender as a girl. The only time that I will ever play as a boy in any video game is if there is no female character to choose from

:t354:TG

Roxichu

Blastoff at the Speed of Light
    Years
  • Only when the male trainer sprite looks vastly better than the female.

So far, I've only chosen the male trainer for R/S/E. I might go with the male trainer again for B/W, just because I don't like the huge ponytail look. :cheeky:

TheRkyeet

Member of the GGs
    Years
  • I played as a girl for D/P/Pt, but only because I hated the male sprite with a vengeance. I am only usually male so I can name myself Kamina. I don't really see why people get worried about what gender they are in video games. Mostly it doesn't matter at all.

Jameska

'Cuz God doesn't take sides.
    Years
  • For me, it depends on the art, most the time, one character had more effort put in, so I choose it. Lately I've been choosing Female more and more. I'm a freaking tranny.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I usually play as the opposite gender in my games. It's very rare for me to play as the male protagonist in the games. I play as the female protagonist since when I started performing challenges my usernae on this site was "Hayley Williams" so I thought it'd be easier to run through with the name "Hayley" throughout the games.

Back