• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doctor Who : What Did You Think Of The New Doctor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
Years
  • So...What The Title Said! What Did You Think Of Matt Smith's (11th Doctor's) First Episode? Do You Think He Was Good Or Bad? And A Reason?

I Thought It Was Really Good For A First Episode! And He Quite Pulled it Off, Even Though David Was A Legend And Stuffs. But He's Awesome. (I Love His Voice!!) :3

Years
  • It was okay for a first episode. David was a legend and in the episode I thought Matt tried to hard to act like him. he should just be himself. All in all though, the episode was good. Not at all disappointing.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • But it's said though that during first episodes sometimes the new Doctor would be like the previous Doctor since he'd be still going through post regeneration trauma (Yes, I'm a nerd XD). But if it carries on for the next few episodes then he's most likely trying to be like Tennant.

I REALLY liked this episode, great start for Matt - definitely exceeded my expectations. I was sold from the moment he walked into that tree XD

Spoiler:

I even liked the new titles (Yes, I do pay attention to these), and I've heard there's been a lot of negative feedback about that in particular, being cited as the only 'bad' part of the episode.

Basically, I think I'm going to like this Doctor and this new series in general.

Tennant will remain my Doctor, but Matt won't be far behind at this rate :3

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • I thought he was brilliant!

"You're Scottish, fry something!" - that was a brilliant line XD

I think it might actually be kinda interesting to see an assistant who has a slightly more rocky relationship with the doctor. The last few have made the series feel like something of a writer's pet and I'm glad to see that they might well be shaking this.

Also, the new theme and title sequence was awesome.

Years
  • I can see this new Doctor growing on me. I didn't think he acted much like Tennant anywhere and I'm kind of glad of that. He seemed kind of rocky at first, but that's probably just first episode awkwardness. He got better as the episode went on and hit his stride at the end so I'm hopeful for more good things.

The episode it self was a lot better than any other character introductory episode. New credits are pretty bad though.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • I didn't actually have very high expectations of him, considering how marvellous David Tennant was (and he will never fail to be the Doctor to me - every generation has its Doctor, and DT is mine) but I'm happy to say he exceeded them immensely!

He actually managed to get into the stride of the episode, although I'm wondering if he's actually that good or if it's just brilliant writing >.> I mean, this was Steven Moffat's first episode as head writer, and we know that he produced some of the pinnacles of the last few series, such as Blink and The Girl in the Fire Place (which are up there in my favourites - in fact, TGITF is my favourite) and the Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead two-parter, so we know he's in good hands.

And the new credits are absolutely awful. I mean... c'mon. They look like someone patched them together in a secondary school media classroom. >.< Same goes for the new logo. I want my ellipse back!

Fire-Red

Like no one ever was
    Years
  • I loved him was a brilliant first performance this season is going to be great.

RyannJ

Training in Pearl! FC in Sig.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2010
    I loved it!
    He seems great and funny, 'fish custard'?
    Might try that. oj.
    I prefer DT and it was sad that he had to go, but I hope MS does a brilliant job like DT did! ;)
    I also hate the new intro, god, it's shocking.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Meh, He was alright, I guess.
    I'll just wait and see how things unfold.
    Though I quite like the new assistant.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    It was okay for a first episode. David was a legend and in the episode I thought Matt tried to hard to act like him. he should just be himself. All in all though, the episode was good. Not at all disappointing.

Well, actually to be fair Matt said that he tried to make it sound like what he was when he was younger, sadly though, I think the people who wrote the script made him sound a bit too much like DT ;;

Now about this Doctor, he's very funny n.n
    I lol'd at a lot of points because his voice matches up with a lot of things.
    Uhm, yeah.

n.n

Fire-Red

Like no one ever was
    Years
  • Matt had something very Patrick Troughton around his body language. I thought he was just different enough from David.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I didn't watch it purely because... he's too young. The Doctor should be at least middle-aged-looking and eccentric (what ever happened to that scarf with the question marks on it, anyway?). But, as I said, I didn't actually watch it, so I don't know if he is actually good, but even if I did his emo-esque haircut would still be niggling at the back of my mind.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I think he's a lot better than some past doctors, and has potential to match Tennant.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Great, great episode in my opinion. Matt Smith did great. He did have his Tennant moments, though I'm pretty sure that was because of the regeneration part of the story, and him not having a firm grasp on his personality quite yet. The credits need to be improved though, especially the music.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Yes, that's what I though - his Tennant-ish-ness was simply due to the regeneration. I mean, they even showed some of the regenerative residue coming out of his mouth.

Although, if he keeps acting like that for the whole series, I'll be happy. He really got into his stride by the middle of the episode. I especially liked "I'm the Doctor - run!".

Kobold Asylum

It's Trolling Time
    Years
  • The episodes not out yet where I live. But from what I saw before when he first changed he spat on the TARDIS which makes me think he may very well fail to meet my expectations from a doctor. Nobody will ever surpass Tom Baker though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back