• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doctor Who!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    David Tennant was great as the doctor. He really got me into the newer series as Eccelston was awful, he was really wooden and had no enthusiasm.

I have seen a few of the older episodes. My nan always used to watch them, so whenever I was at her house I watched them but I won't decided whether or not I will watch it or not till I see him as the Doctor.

Each bring a different style to how they play the Doctor so I hope he doesn't try to mimic any of the previous ones. I think to play the doctor you have to do it in your own way.

I disagree about Eccleston. He added the childishness and seriousness at times, and after all, the Doctor at that time was getting over the Time War, so he's bound to be a bit unenthusiastic, but he was great!

I agree to a degree at the last sentence. Each doctor do have their uniqueness, but that shines through in later doctors. It's having all of the Doctor's before, and adding your own personality to him.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I disagree about Eccleston. He added the childishness and seriousness at times, and after all, the Doctor at that time was getting over the Time War, so he's bound to be a bit unenthusiastic, but he was great!

I agree to a degree at the last sentence. Each doctor do have their uniqueness, but that shines through in later doctors. It's having all of the Doctor's before, and adding your own personality to him.
    I disagree with you on that bold part. Mainly because he was … fantastic…Px

I also agree with you on the last part too. I mean it's not like David Tennant didn't have quirks from the previous Doctors in his role The cheeky smile from the fourth and the glasses thing from the fifth. There may have been more.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Matt Smith? D:

Isn't he reallly young though? I don't know whether I'll be able to take it as serious now with him in it. xD

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I can't help but disagree with you both on the first point. He just didn't do it for me, sometimes he was good but at others I thought he was poor. But him playing the doctor at the time of him getting over the Time War was a good idea. His style suited that.

I know what your saying about having the points from past doctors but I mean if they used everything a previous one does then it wouldn't be the same. Each has used previous quirks from the Doctors before but they also have to add there own style into it. That is what I meant before just didn't explain it to well. lol

Matt Smith is 26.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Eh, guess I just assumed wrongly from the BBC's headline. ^^'

David is still my favourite Doctor.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    i don't think donna will come back i hate to see the david leave he was one of the best doctors...

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
  • I'm really pleased with the New Doctor, Not only is he young, Which, I feel will add to the show rather than take away, But he's also a great actor, His performance in Ruby In The Smoke was brilliant and his other various performances are also really good. As for the assistant, Donna isn't coming bakc as far as I have heard, but I think Gwen, from Torchwood, would make a brilliant assistant <(^.^<)

Cascade'A Stupidity

Biggest Muppet there is.
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2009
    Donna's coming abck in the same special as the Master.

Matt Smith is going to be awful, I can feel it.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Hang on... Donna's coming back? Well... Hang on, the Doctor said that her brain will fry if she knows of him...

Yay! The Master's returning!

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Ohh the mater. Can't wait if it is true. Also if Donna is coming back maybe it is as an extra that isn't involved in anything big, maybe she bumps into him but never realises who The Doctor is. Just the comedy side of the special.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Well, if it happens in the specials this year... it could possibly be an episode about the past. Like events during Season 4 which could explain for Donna. (Or maybe even back to the Time War to see the Master?)

Cascade'A Stupidity

Biggest Muppet there is.
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2009
    Something nobody realizes, is that the Doctor only wiped Donna's memory. She still has the essence of a Timelord inside her, just not the intelligence.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I suppose Donna could regenerate if the writers decided she could...

I like the Eleventh Doctor. My reasoning is, if Steven Moffat thinks he's good, it'll work for me. I'm still going to miss David Tennant though. He was my Doctor, just like Ten said to Five.

thatrabidfangirl

*sweatdrops*
    Years
  • I. Hate. Matt. Smith.
    Now that I've got THAT off my chest, I'd just like to add that David Tennant = <3, and Donna is awesome, and that I really want to see a show called The Life and Times of The Doctor's Daughter - Yeah, That's Right, We Made It.
    Well, I don't hate him, I just hate the choice of him as The Doctor. I can't stop thinking about it! It's like David is a walking time bomb.
    Yay, the Christmas Special is being aired in a couple of days! No way am I watching it online. Big screen!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • I didn't think Donna could regenerate as she only has One heart, same with the other doctor.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    The Doctor's daughter is going to be the new companion.

Meh, I have no idea.

Also people saying David is my doctor. Nine (Christopher Eccleston) was mine. ;_;

Back