• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DSi Discussion Thread

Are you going to buy the DSi?

• Definitely, I love it!

Votes: 28 29.5%
  • What a ripoff. NO

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • Whats a DSi?

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I hope!

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • maybe.

Votes: 20 21.1%

• Total voters

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
Years
  • To the above post ^^
    He probably means that he doesn't have a cellphone for taking pictures, but since it's built-in, he might as well get it.

Honestly, I like the DSi. Can you really buy GBA Games? :S

The DSi is cool in total, except for the no gba :( I wouldn't travel across the world for it or anything, but if it was for free I'd take it. It's not that I despise it or anything, it's just that it's not worth trading in a perfectly good DSl for it. I think in the interview for the DSi, they said it wasn't really worth ridding your DSl. they made the DSi to make the final persuasions to the people who don't have a DS yet. They wanted to make it more "personal". Meh, the camera is pretty cool (high quality or not) and the face-combing crap is funny. I'd find a picture of Michael Jackson and compare it to everyone I know! That way, i'd have something over them, like "bwahah I know your face looks 67% alike with Michael Jackson's"

But ANYWAY. All in all, it's a fun expansion to the DS Range, but it's not worth ditching your old system for it (in my opinion). Again, if I had the money, I wouldn't buy it, but if it was free, i'd take it...

Valeran

Miserable Memories
    Years
  • My DS is only 4 months old right now, but I have no intention of buying a DSi regardless. Dropping the GBA cartrage for some gimmicky stuff isn't enough to interest me in it. Knowing Nintendo's tendancy to build nearly unbreakable stuff, I expect to use my current DS Lite for as long as my GBA SP lasted. (Many years, still works in fact, just lost the charger)

Spoink

hax
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2009
    I don't think it has enough extra features to make me want to buy it when I already have a DS lite

MalafeX

Typhlosion #1 fan
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Maybe i will get it in the near future, but not now.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Just an off note about a huge level of hypocrisy i've noticed on the net(not PC per se, just around) regarding the DSi and past arguments.

1) The DSi's new features are pretty much the PSPs old features, however a bulk of the nintendo fanbase used to diss the PSP on the fact it was "more of a media center". When Nintendo put the same features in, the same group of people start ranting about how cool it is and how clever even though the PSP does it better.

2) The whole "Someone stole this from someone" thing. Since like the mid 90s anything Sony has done that is remotely similar to Nintendo has always drawn a sea of "OMG SONY R THEVES" from the Nintendo fanbase. Rumble, analog, motion etc, all have being called rip offs. Nintendo then releases the DSi which has near enough same features as Sonys psp, and no one says a thing, whats with that?

Again, I know this isn;t the case here, I just wanted to know if other people had noticed similar things anywhere.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Just an off note about a huge level of hypocrisy i've noticed on the net(not PC per se, just around) regarding the DSi and past arguments.

1) The DSi's new features are pretty much the PSPs old features, however a bulk of the nintendo fanbase used to diss the PSP on the fact it was "more of a media center". When Nintendo put the same features in, the same group of people start ranting about how cool it is and how clever even though the PSP does it better.

2) The whole "Someone stole this from someone" thing. Since like the mid 90s anything Sony has done that is remotely similar to Nintendo has always drawn a sea of "OMG SONY R THEVES" from the Nintendo fanbase. Rumble, analog, motion etc, all have being called rip offs. Nintendo then releases the DSi which has near enough same features as Sonys psp, and no one says a thing, whats with that?

Again, I know this isn;t the case here, I just wanted to know if other people had noticed similar things anywhere.
    Mmmm... I like separate devices. I'm not fond of all in ones. But, I think even with the DSi... the DSi is a gaming platform first, while PSP is not (and the PSP does all the features DSi just got better).

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I'm going to get the DSi along with new games for me to play.

Although I am sad to let go of all the GBA games, but I'll just use my sister's DS whenever I feel the urge to play any GBA games.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Yeah, but... the DS already has a ton of exclusives. Sure it seems there's a bit of a slump in interesting games for the next little while but I'm sitting here looking at my library of games and I've only bothered to pick up a handful for PSP whereas I've got/played well over 30 for DS. Part of me almost thinks it's just that the PSP has been lacking for so long that now that it's getting a bunch of interesting titles, the DS is just moving on to its next iteration so it can start trying something new.

It's the most successful console right now of all of them. This is akin to the PS2. Sure it had a ton of absolutely wonderful games but... it also had a crapload of shovelware too. Just as it was fairly easy to sift through that to find the gems, I find it's the same way for DS. Now the Wii on the other hand...

I still think the DSi is a horrendous waste of money though. :(

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Yeah, but... the DS already has a ton of exclusives. Sure it seems there's a bit of a slump in interesting games for the next little while but I'm sitting here looking at my library of games and I've only bothered to pick up a handful for PSP whereas I've got/played well over 30 for DS. Part of me almost thinks it's just that the PSP has been lacking for so long that now that it's getting a bunch of interesting titles, the DS is just moving on to its next iteration so it can start trying something new.

It's the most successful console right now of all of them. This is akin to the PS2. Sure it had a ton of absolutely wonderful games but... it also had a crapload of shovelware too. Just as it was fairly easy to sift through that to find the gems, I find it's the same way for DS. Now the Wii on the other hand...

I still think the DSi is a horrendous waste of money though. :(

I agree on the part about the gems, but as I said, for every noteworthy good game there is literally 15 or so bad ones on DS. Whereas with PSP since there aren't nearly as many games, there's a lot less bad ones, this is because apart from serious developers hardly anyone wants to develop something for a console that is significantly behind it's competitor.

Years
  • Pffft...I just got the DS Lite >.> And considering how expensive the DSi is, and how many times the people at GameStop kept trying to convince me to reserve one yesterday despite the numourous times I told them I had no way to pick it up and not enough money anyway, and that the thing can't play GBA games...I think I'll pass on this one.

hinsburg

Confused
    Years
  • I don't want a DSi because I already have a DS that I barely use anyway. But now I'm going to feel left out on not having those witty new features, but... whatever.

Back