• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Earth and Sky: Return to Lethia (M)

uoneko

space princess
Years
  • i pm'd quto already, but for other people who didn't see, i'll be away working at a summer camp from july 20 to august 2, and i'll have no internet access within that time.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • I'm sorry, guys, but I'm gonna have to drop out. I can't think of anything to post at the moment, and I'm having problems in general making myself do anything. Again, I'm terribly sorry.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    You could always join the Undercover Rockets, and if you do, i won't have to bring Laura along anymore, and there will be an actual person besides me on the team.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • I'm way too busy to handle two rp's so I'm just staying with this one. Got too much to write. Also quoto did you just drop the game / story for cursed books or is that still an ongoing project?

uoneko

space princess
    Years
  • i think i'll stick with skyward. it was my original plan to join that team before deciding on helvetios anyway. thank you for the offer though eeveeandmew!!

Years
  • I'm way too busy to handle two rp's so I'm just staying with this one. Got too much to write. Also quoto did you just drop the game / story for cursed books or is that still an ongoing project?

An ongoing, slow moving project that's moving as slow as slugs.

I have had fans from forums to artist's who love the idea and the story to cursed books. I won't give up the though of publishing the story OR the game, but I still am having issues going about the game.
    The game is on hold for 3 reasons.

1~ The battle system I wanted or intended to use for Cursed books, I can't find anywhere available for RMVX Ace. I *HAVE* decided to try other systems, though not a whole lot is available for RMVX Ace. the few free ones didn't suit my tastes how I wanted combat to work while the more polished systems I did find to use with VX Ace were requested system's and functions to where the scripter requested some amount of money. The prices ranged from $20-$50 on a few of them, I weighed in my options how to go about it and for what I wanted, the price would be very steep. The type of fighting system, If I wanted an RPG badly, was a battle system that mimics Grandia; Where you could move about the battlefield, abuse the advantages of the IP or 'Shared Time Bar,' and put a spin on how magic or the characters 'powers' were used, though put it on a MUCH larger scale to where instead of controlling 3 heroes, you could control 5 or 6 and at least push those who played the game to give this some strategic thought.

2~ SOME changes in my physical life are coming about in terms of money and some access to time, both of which are strongly tied together. I quit my first job after putting up with 7 long years of customer service and the people in it; customers namely when they walk in and treat me among others as if they own all of us. I quit, though I need a little more money to deal with life, while the game could help me if I sold it off, I need more time to at least finish it. Even then, I still with my parents and don't really have the financial support to even leave home, everything I earn is going to either bills to pay off a credit card, my car I need to get from home and work or make my car insurance payments. I'm putting money aside, very slowly to at least afford a place of my own. My only other line of work is mostly for small businesses in building them websites to help them out. My skills with HTML 5 aren't 'Pro,' though the most I can do is build them a page to their liking the best I can and shove it on the net, even setup business emails.

3~ I'm studying C# and considering to learn using XNA, which if I accomplish this, I'll scrap RMVXace and program it using XNA or Dark's Engine. If I get through the book I'm reading and go through XNA, I'll have a wider variety of options to explore and be able to dictate who I want to make the games system's to work. If the game sells well, if It's made through XNA, I can port it out to Xbox and Windows PC; h311, with any luck, If I find someone who can model 3D landscapes, I can go the way of XenoSaga, Final Fantasy Tactics, where they mix 2D sprites with 3D worlds. As much of a pain as it is, I think it's the best route than to go the 'get it done fast' way.

My only other reason is that I'm the only guy working on the project alone. I have no team nor do I have any contact with my older fans and any newer fans complain they don't have any skills in game development in art, music or programming. I only have one guy helping me(Drew, aka dcjboi) and he's busy creating the music when he has the spare time between high school and looking for a summer job and that's it! Anyone thinking I should stick with RMVXAce and willing to help out some, I can teach how to use and create graphics, offer up programs for free to help develop it from creation of game sprites, arts to programming and coming up with puzzles. Alternatively, I don't have much of a choice until I can do what I can to get by to finish it. It took Pixel 5 years to create his piece, Cave Story, by himself and it was kick @$$, I just hope it doesn't take me the same amount of time.

I'm still writing the novel in my more private moments, It's not done yet.

Welcome Aboard Skyward Uoneko.

Years
  • We're shoving off folks, I'm posting the post to get the ship off and forming teams.

Sorry, I've been a little out of it this whole week.
    Let's get this MOVING!

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Okay. I'll post soon. I have a few questions,
    @LogicalCabbage: first of all can I just write about seeing Cabbage in the hall and Kelden pointing her out.
    @Quoto: Are we aloud to battle in this room, as I would very much enjoy having the first battle on the ship between Luke and Cabbage.
    Also Luke and Shadaon need to meet somehow but so far they seem like complete opposites, so I'm struggling thinking of ways to push them together so they form an alliance. (If you forgot we already agreed on this but if you want to decline now that's fine.)

That's all the questions I have for now. Also - Luke is really dark in my recent post. His cousin I'm referring too was one of the 2 humanoid beasts in the last Earth And Sky. I forgot the name of my own character and only remember the charizard - like one who I believe was Samuel, but yes I decided Mightyena dude died in the end. Oh well.

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Sure. I'll just post that I go out of my room and explore the place after the announcements. Then you can post seeing me with my Blaziken. I'm also looking forward to a battle with you. Fight Fire Vs Fight Steel. That should be interesting.

Years
  • Okay. I'll post soon. I have a few questions,
    @LogicalCabbage: first of all can I just write about seeing Cabbage in the hall and Kelden pointing her out.
    @Quoto: Are we aloud to battle in this room, as I would very much enjoy having the first battle on the ship between Luke and Cabbage.
    Also Luke and Shadaon need to meet somehow but so far they seem like complete opposites, so I'm struggling thinking of ways to push them together so they form an alliance. (If you forgot we already agreed on this but if you want to decline now that's fine.)

That's all the questions I have for now. Also - Luke is really dark in my recent post. His cousin I'm referring too was one of the 2 humanoid beasts in the last Earth And Sky. I forgot the name of my own character and only remember the charizard - like one who I believe was Samuel, but yes I decided Mightyena dude died in the end. Oh well.

I figured someone would want to battle to test strength's and skills, thats why I picked the gym decks.

As for forming an alliance, you could overhear I been to Lethia before and won a wish, therefore I have experience in survival. Luke could see this as a valuable asset and would try to get me to join up. You discover I already have a team setup, but still consider my knowledge an asset and ask for a temporary alliance between me and my team of 3. Learn what I teach or what I do, and break it off when Luke has what he needs from me.

doge

???
    Years
  • Hey Quto, I'm not really sure what to do for the whole team registry thing since Tobias is in Team Aqua. Would he have to register the team himself or would it be a preregistered thing? Or since it's a criminal organization, would it even be allowed to register on Lethia, and would Tobias have to do the whole joining a team as a double-agent thing?

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Alright. In my post I mentioned a shadow, you can either ignore that or act upon it if you wish too EeveeandMew.
    @Cabbage: Would you like to just use Titanpad or something to make a joint post together at some point as I don't fancy using a simulator for a one on one battle. If we do this can Quoto decide the winner with a coin toss and we can work around this, unless one of us wishes to lose or win for the sake of making things work.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • I would not mind losing... Plus it makes a better impression if the leader is the strongest. Just make the battle a close one, okay? Intimidation is a very powerful weapon....

As for joint posting, screw that. I tried it once but it's just too complex for me so sorry. Besides that, I'm good to go.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Aw don't be like that it's easy. All we have to do is be online at the same time, then we get a pad together, then I type a paragraph then you type a paragraph. Let's try it!

Years
  • Hey Quto, I'm not really sure what to do for the whole team registry thing since Tobias is in Team Aqua. Would he have to register the team himself or would it be a preregistered thing? Or since it's a criminal organization, would it even be allowed to register on Lethia, and would Tobias have to do the whole joining a team as a double-agent thing?
    Your team is preregistered Via Team Aqua current CEO or leader. Your already added, if you plan to go under cover, you just need to join up with someone.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • I thought Pokécommunity was down today so I was unaware I had the chance to post earlier. I've posted anyways. I know Kelden's AURA seems quite OP, but it has major consequences, including major internal damage if used for a long time or after several successive uses. I hope it's okay.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Well... You decide. Unless Gastrodon like I said has any last minute attacks, I'm almost certain after this aura sphere it will faint. Kelden's going to be switch out after mind as the Aura is gonna make him faint soon. But, yeah, I doubt Gastrodon can pull out such an attack anyways. Do you understand basically what's going on though? Maybe I didn't explain very well.

Basically Kelden used the aura to turn everything around him and Luke into slow motion, then he simply fell at normal speed whilst the hidden power flew off behind him, rolled in front of Gastrodon, charged up his Aura Sphere and is basically holding Gastrodon at Gun Point right now.

Back