• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
Years
  • I got Terra to level 100 first, followed by Cloud and then Squall. I'm working on Tidus next, then I'm gonna try to get one of the villains, either Cloud of Darkness or Ultimecia.

I haven't been able to play Final Fantasy XII recently..my PS2 took a turn for the worst and my friend is fixing it right now..he says something is wrong with the laser reader thing (Crys is definitely NOT tech savvy..).. I was leveling in the East Lands (or something like that) and the next time I tried to start it, it kept saying I had a Disc Read Error, even when I put in another game like Kingdom Hearts II or Sonic Mega Collection+. As soon as I get it back (he gave me an ETA of sometime next week, most likely Sunday-Tuesday) I'll start playing again and get back to the main quest..I only beat the Tomato thingy.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • I got Terra to level 100 first, followed by Cloud and then Squall. I'm working on Tidus next, then I'm gonna try to get one of the villains, either Cloud of Darkness or Ultimecia.

I haven't been able to play Final Fantasy XII recently..my PS2 took a turn for the worst and my friend is fixing it right now..he says something is wrong with the laser reader thing (Crys is definitely NOT tech savvy..).. I was leveling in the East Lands (or something like that) and the next time I tried to start it, it kept saying I had a Disc Read Error, even when I put in another game like Kingdom Hearts II or Sonic Mega Collection+. As soon as I get it back (he gave me an ETA of sometime next week, most likely Sunday-Tuesday) I'll start playing again and get back to the main quest..I only beat the Tomato thingy.

No problem, I was just wondering. xD By the way, fix your sig, it got removed from photobucket so now it's got just that showing. =\

EDIT: Nvm, you must have fixed it while I wrote this lol.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • No problem, I was just wondering. xD By the way, fix your sig, it got removed from photobucket so now it's got just that showing. =\

EDIT: Nvm, you must have fixed it while I wrote this lol.
    Oh, that was my computer being stupid. I noticed a small mistake (I accidentally kept it purple between the A & L in Halloween) and remade it, then when I tried to upload it, it kept crashing FireFox.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • - Cecil, is versatile, having the ability to change into his two forms, gives a him big advantage, dark knight powerful attacks, while his paladin form, have fast combos.
    - Cloud, he can make several damage even with his normal attacks/combos, but range attacks can be a problem for him sometimes.
    - Squall, some of his moves are kinda slow, but can do decent damage with some of his powers.
    - Zidane, he have very good speed, same as Squall his powers can do decent damage.

My Cecil is now around 80+ after completing Shade Impulse with him. I am so addicted to this game.

Now working on Cloud and Sephiroth, then I'll move onto Zidane and so on.

Basically going down by my 2nd strongest and 3rd etc.

Years
  • I care more about the in-game music then the theme song. You only have to hear the theme, what, once or twice, [S-HIGHLIGHT]the in-game music you'll hear repeatedly.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
    Yep. The main theme gives a nice first impression, but at the end of the day, it's the battle theme that gets ingrained into your skull after hours of level grinding. Which really makes you appreciate how well the games manage to loop the music without driving you insane...

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • Sigh, I can't stand Leona Lewis as it is, and what do I find? She's going have a song in one of my favourite series of all time?

Simple, I'll mute it when it comes on. >.>

On a good note though, March 9th? That's quite fast for an FF in my opinion =O Can't wait.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • Personally, I'm not all that keen on the song. =/ It just doesn't sound like anything special to me, not because it's not sung by a Japanese person (I've never been bothered about the nationality of singers), but because it sounds like something she'd release as a B-side on her latest single. D:

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • I don't mind it. Here, I'll show you my argument I had with someone on youtube the other day about it, lol.

Spoiler:

I still like the other one better but really like I said it won't affect the game in any way. FFXIII will still be fine.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • I don't see why they changed it. Final Fantasy VIII, IX, & X2's were just translated and Final Fantasy X's was unchanged, so was Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children's. They could've done either for Final Fantasy XIII's. Maybe the Japanese theme will be included if you select the Japanese language option in the PS3 version.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • I'm just curious how some of you pronounce some of the more unique character names from the earlier, unvoiced Final Fantasies.

Some examples of my preference, with a ">" pointing to my preferred pronunciation.
    Final Fantasy IV
    (Rydia) Rid-e-ah > Ry-d-ah
    (Cecil) Cess-il < See-sil

Final Fantasy VI
    (Locke) Lock > Low-ck
    (Celes) Sell-e's > Seh-less (like Celeste with a silent "T")

Final Fantasy VII
    (Tifa) Tee-fa < Tiff-a

Final Fantasy VIII
    (Rinoa) Rin-ow > Rin-o-a
    (Quistis) Kiss-tis > Kwuis-tis

Final Fantasy X
    (Tidus) Tee-dus < Tie-dus

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    Hmm. Didn't have much time to look at this thread yesterday, so mind if I join here, too? My fav character has gotta be Golbez. Not because he was a bad guy, but because of who he was under the armor and hatred... no spoilers added, either ^^.

Also, as to your question, are you meaning you like Rid-ee-a better, or the other? I actually like Rid-ee-a, See-sil, Tee-fa, and Tie-dus best.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back