• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    That's awesome. V is my personal favorite out of all the FFs. Hope you remember to manage your job levels~

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • If you do amazingly well on V, be sure to give me tips! I swear I'm underlevelled for the final dungeon and I haven't completed this for just over a year because of it. The only FF I own that I haven't finished XD;

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • Yayayayayay, officially now I have a pre-order for FFXIII! :D Just poking in to say that. heh

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    FF XIV is propably going to be a waste of SE's money, just like XI

XIII will be cool though, to bad i don't have an xbox360 or ps3 :s
    maybe I'll get one later on...

Roy-Kun

t i t l e g o e s h e r e
    Years
  • FF XIV is propably going to be a waste of SE's money, just like XI

XIII will be cool though, to bad i don't have an xbox360 or ps3 :s
    maybe I'll get one later on...

Final Fantasy should be only for consoles and not made a MMO, I agree to that.

It could be an MMO if it had a single plot. But heck, it got many many plots, which would make a MMO not really that interesting (plot-wise though).

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • I have no problem with Final Fantasy XI & XIV..I just think they shouldn't have been in the numbered series, thus they should have been called Final Fantasy Online & Final Fantasy Online II. I mean, Final Fantasy IX was originally going to be a spin-off but they never even considered XI to not be a numbered game?!

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • And I Also Feel The Technical Demo Of FFVII For PS3 Shouldn't be made into a Game. It just Spoils It. Text Boxes are gonna get replaced by voice actors and nothing will be the same as the original. Just Better Graphics. (& Some People Who Want To Play It Will Have To Save up money to buy a PS3.....And Those DO Cost A Small Fortune.....)

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • And I Also Feel The Technical Demo Of FFVII For PS3 Shouldn't be made into a Game. It just Spoils It. Text Boxes are gonna get replaced by voice actors and nothing will be the same as the original. Just Better Graphics. (& Some People Who Want To Play It Will Have To Save up money to buy a PS3.....And Those DO Cost A Small Fortune.....)
    I'd have to disagree Graceful. I'm always for remakes of earlier games, like FFIII & FFIV for the DS. Personally, I couldn't care less about the old text boxes and I'd actually prefer voice acting. To say that nothing would be the same would be a gross exaggeration, the story, characters, etc. would still be the same for the most part (maybe some lines would be altered to better fit with lip syncing), not to mention it would have a better translation overall (the PSone original had a hit & miss one, such as making you believe Tseng died when he didn't). They may include references to the sequels and prequels, such as more or extended flashback scenes featuring Zack, the ruins of Banora Village, maybe seeing Denzel, seeing Yuffie & Vincent's part in the ending (the opening part of DoC), or maybe hearing or seeing references to Deepground. Obviously they'd implement their retcon stuff, such as the SOLDIER 1st Class uniform being Black instead of Violet, the redesigned Buster Sword, and the redesigned SOLDIER Emblem among other things. Overall, I'd love to see similar treatment given to other games like FFVI, FFVIII, & FFIX.

Oh, and its not too bad anymore since PS3s had that price-cut and they'll likely want to get other games on the system as well, such as FFXIII, FFvXIII, and possibly Kingdom Hearts III. I know I'll be getting one, regardless of whether or not FFVII is remade.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • I'm currently playing through FFVII on my PSP, having sold my PS1 version of the game because I just couldn't get on with it on a large screen (and it's much easier to move around using the PSP's D-Pad). Every time I see a cutscene, I wonder what it'd be like if the game was like the FFs that we're used to now, with full voice-acting and the ability to see the characters' faces and their environments from a variety of angles. It's not like they haven't got VAs for the characters (Advent Children and Crisis Core have featured decent voices).

Also what I've noticed is what Crys said, the translation is a little iffy; if I didn't already know the plot line then I'd be confused. XD;

I would love it if other FF games, especially VI and VIII, would be re-made as well as FFVII. If not on PS3, the DS and PSP are more than capable of handling them (proven by Days and Crisis Core), and would introduce a new generation of fans to the earlier games in the series. o: And they would make lots of money.

Pink Cashmere

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2010
    Final Fantasy club. Must join and invade the conversation.

See, I think the only thing that makes me a little nervous about a remake of Final Fantasy VII is the tone. Anyone that's played through the game knows it's a bit of an angst fest, but there were always those little quirky scenes to lighten it up a bit. I just worry it'll be hard to carry over that same feel to updated graphics. Like Cloud in drag? The bathtub scene in Honeybee Inn?

Not that I wouldn't appreciate a remake. I think pretty much all the games pre-PS2 era deserve the luxury of a remake.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • See, I think the only thing that makes me a little nervous about a remake of Final Fantasy VII is the tone. Anyone that's played through the game knows it's a bit of an angst fest, but there were always those little quirky scenes to lighten it up a bit. I just worry it'll be hard to carry over that same feel to updated graphics. Like Cloud in drag? The bathtub scene in Honeybee Inn?
    Cloud in drag could be done, just look at him in recent games, it wouldn't be hard to see him as a girl. The bathtub scene wasn't too explicit either, it could be done.

Oh, and welcome.
    ~Member List Updated~

Meh, I don't mind really, if it's one of those grindfest FF's like all the games before. Don't like those.
    Most RPG games in general are grindfests, it practically a staple of the RPG genre. If you don't like grinding, play Final Fantasy VIII. The enemies levels are based on your own. Although, I've never had to grind in a FF title.

If you don't like grinding, never play the Disgaea series, an excellent SRPG, like FFT, grinding is a must, even just between two levels.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Oh, no, I mean grinding as in boring repetitive lame-ness where you can spam one button and get through the battle (or even HOLD one button in the case of the older games).

FFT, Disgaea, Fire Emblem, love those games. There's strategy, even in the grinding.

Years
  • I'm curious. For all of those who have got FF III DS AND managed to get the Onion Knight mission, I'm still curious on how you manage to get it. I got conflicting information.

One of them was sending 7 letters via Mognet to a friend or friends via Nintendo Wi-Fi and 4 in game to Topapa, then you'll get the mission where you can become an Onion Knight.

The other way is sending a letter via Mognet to each character in game, plus send one to a friend via Wi-Fi, then sending 4 letters to Topapa.

I did manage to get my FF III DS Friend code, but this is still giving me a headache, trying to figure out which way is right.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • @ Crystal-Heart: Sorry to bother you but I can't see my name on the members list. You accepted me on Page 40. Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back