• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem Fates Discussion

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
  • That feel when I didn't know I shouldn't recruit your children until after clearing Chapter 18, otherwise they won't have offspring seals... -_-; Now my Kana and Percy are stuck at level 10 and are gathering dust in my roster. I guess I'll do that on my Revelations run instead.

Also, here's my MyCastle code:
    17289-58490
    08853-00853
    Just sieze the throne easily; almost all my units have the Aptitude skill for you to purchase (as well as many other goodies!). Give me a visit sometime!

Years
  • Finally broke down and got Conquest and the Birthright route with DLC maps. I was hoping to get the Special edition but alas Nintendo went crazy with exclusivity.

Going to be following this Pair list I managed to figure out.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • In playing Birthright, just realized that you can marry your Hoshidan Sisters. As much as I'm half tempted to do so (Jotaro x Hinoka seems legit, or is it?) even I don't go as far as winsest here (2EDGY). Then again, if referencing ancient Egypt, which Hoshido is definitely not based on, brothers and sisters marrying each other wasn't really creepy for them. Royal Inbreeding anyone? Nah who am I kidding, knowing Wintendo, there are obvious implications why its possible to marry them without feeling really horrible to yourself. A friend of mine already got so far into the game and even told me why it was possible. Darn him for his ridiculous progress.

So after fighting so many battles on both the chapters, the challenges, and whatnot, my avatar can now have his S Support with Felicia. I'm half tempted in doing so, since the whole "Royalty x Loyal Maid aka so 2Taboo4Law" is a lovely pairing almost all the time but I'm still holding off. Still figuring out which would be the best couples for the "strongest possible" kids.

I'm also half tempted to have someone marry Mozu for that Aptitude powered child. Everyone remember Aptitude Nah from awakening with dem beefy stats?

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Revelations:

Silas Primary Class: Cavalier. Secondary Class: Mercenary
    Hinoka Primary Class: Pegasus Knight. Secondary Class: Lance Fighter

Xander Primary Class: Cavalier(Paladin), Secondary Class: Wyvern Rider
    Hinoka Primary Class: Pegasus Knight. Secondary Class: Lance Fighter
    Hinoka gets around.

Arc

Years
  • Also Corrin x Servant is apparently really good?
    Yeah, definitely one of the better pairings that emphasizes Corrin as a lead unit. More specifically, FemCorrin x Jakob. Evasive Partner is a great skill to help out with your bulk. And, Jakob's two reclass option in Paladin (STR +2, DEF +2, RES +2, and MOV +1) and Great Knight (STR +2, DEF +4, and MOV +1), give fantastic Guard Stance bonuses. Having a fast support is pretty cool as well. Although...

Spoiler: Paralogues
    Your children kinda suck. Dwyer is sort of happy with Corrin as a mom as Nohr Prince is a decent class, but Kana definitely wants a better dad than Jakob. If you want to salvage them, Friendship Seals is a must.

MaCorrin x Felicia is good too. Devoted Partner helps both your bulk and damage out. But, she's more magic based and it's much easier to build as a physical unit. Felicia can be reclassed to Hero, but the difference from Maid (MAG +2, SPD +3, and LCK +3) to Hero (SKL +3, SPD +3, and DEF +2) in Guard Stance, isn't very significant aside from the defence increase. Bow Knight is another option, it's near identical to Hero, but it'll give MOV +1 instead of DEF +2. Overall, you can't really go wrong with Felicia, just that there are better options to buff up Corrin and other suitors might want Felicia more.

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
  • Here's the pairings I did with my Nohr run:
    Spoiler:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • How exactly do you capture enemy characters in this game? That was a big part of Thracia's gameplay (since you could take anything they had) but is it here just to get you a couple extra playable units?

Arc

Years
  • I wish you can take the enemies' equipment. Some extra Killing Edges and Levin Swords would have been nice. You'll need a Prison House built and Orochi/Niles must deal a killing blow when using the 'Capture' command. Afterwards, you can try to persuade them to join you, which is pretty much RNG depending on the character manning the prison. Or, you could just straight up pay them with resources. So, yes. Its only purpose is to recruit generic mooks.

A far cry from Thracia's system. But, at least it's amusing to capture some of the bosses.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I was actually dumbfounded about the Capture and Prisoner system during my first few hours. I thought that you could capture certain enemy characters as the way of getting them into your army.

Spoiler:

I feel dumbfounded that I'm already past Chapter 18 in BR and I still haven't been busy forming those delicious bonds, though most of my army already has A-ranked supports with each other. My unit "Jotaro" and Felicia are already asking for that marriage proposal but I'm still busy checking who might be better choices unit-wise. As much as I absolutely love the Prince x Maid pairing, I don't want to simply comply with dem fetishes just yet. D:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I almost forgot about this thread woops. I got Conquest a few days ago and am at Chapter 6, so it's time to make my "choice". Tomorrow anyway, fuck you work

The only thing I don't like so far is how Nohr is 'evil'. I was hoping Nohr vs Hoshido wouldn't be so black vs white.
    Yeah that's kind of the problem I have with the story (the little I've see of it lol) so far. I was hoping that going into this that things wouldn't be so black and white. Making things like that is kinda boring. I was well aware during the pre-release that Nohr was supposed to be the "bad" side, but that doesn't necessarily mean that things have to be black and white. I mean maybe it won't be that way as the story progresses (as Kameken seems to be saying), but I'd rather they have done it from the get-go really. Make me legitimately question my decision to go Nohr, but make me not exactly want to go Hoshido either. Make me hesitate to select my (only lol) option.

But I made my decision long ago, and Nintendo if you thought that making the side I chose stereotypically evil would make me question my choice at all, you got another thing comin'.

Years
  • I wouldn't say that Nohr is bad. It's just that the king is pretty...old school. (IDK been reading way too many fantasy stories lol) Heck the whole story for Nohr was reforming through the inside iirc.

Then again Revelations pretty much shows how both sides...

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    How exactly do you capture enemy characters in this game? That was a big part of Thracia's gameplay (since you could take anything they had) but is it here just to get you a couple extra playable units?

You have to build a prison in my castle, and in a battle, use the capture option with Niles or Orochi.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Spoilers btw. Just for the chicks and bros who aren't playing yet (i doubt it though but still)

Spoiler:

Somehow, I finally got the acquired taste for the shoddy english voice acting for this game. For some reason, Hinoka's raspy english voice got to me.

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
  • Spoilers btw. Just for the chicks and bros who aren't playing yet (i doubt it though but still)

Spoiler:

Somehow, I finally got the acquired taste for the shoddy english voice acting for this game. For some reason, Hinoka's raspy english voice got to me.
    Spoiler:

Sir Codin

Got Birthright a couple days ago, getting Conquest after I return to the US from Europe and once it becomes available, I've got money stashed away for Revelations as well.

So far, the prologue chapters seem kind of abrupt. Case-in-point: Corrin freaking out over his/her mother's death and transforming into that dragon. I think in the few scenes or chapter prior, Corrin admits to finding it hard to think of her as a mother due to being raised in Nohr for hellIfIknow how long and then once she gets axed, Corrin suddenly freaking out and transforming felt a bit jarring to me.

Otherwise, though, I like what I'm seeing so far. Chapter 5 was hard as balls in Hard-mode (I shutter to think about Lunatic, I might have actually been tempted to throw my 3DS at a wall), yet I also liked how it required actual tactics to get through rather than just bull-rushing enemies like I did in Hard-mode on Awakening almost the whole game. I must admit, some of the localization changes were for the best, especially in the case of Elise and Sakura being declared older with older-sounding VAs, which helps make pairing them with someone a little less weird. The InviteFeature change ended up using a good compromise, and I certainly like the revamped Pair-Up mechanics (especially because of how OP-as-fuck it was in Awakening) and how enemies now use it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Dammit, Best Buy didn't have Birthright. I mean, I wanted Conquest more, anyway, but starting from easy modo and going up is a lot less jarring than going down in difficulty. I do have to wonder if there's any benefit to me buying Birthright digitally other than it being cheaper, 'cause otherwise I'm gonna stick to the plan and buy Birthright physically a few months down the road.

Or I might just treat it like an actual choice and not play BR or Rev, but they didn't really make that choice all too attractive or rewarding. Understandably.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Maybe a spoiler about Ryoumas son?

Spoiler:

:((

Back