• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Game Corners are not available in European Platinum

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
  • As soon as I heard the news I was slightly worried since Australian games usually follow European games in most cases. Luckily, we still have the slot machines! =D

It's too bad for you Europeans. =\

rnstyip

"Next please!"
    Years
  • ???

Are you serious??? If that happened to my Firered, I wouldn't be having the lv.29 porygon2 and lv.5 porygon

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
  • Strange, I've got a UK version, and the slots definitely don't work. :(

I can back this up, my version is from the UK, and the slots do not work.

Bumbleblast, if your truely does work with the slot machines, could you post up the script for the people inside the games corner so we can compare?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Ummm, even if my slots didn't work I wouldn't mind.
    I don't use them that often, close to never really.
    This is interesting though, would the slots in pokemon really influence someone to gamble in the real world? Probably not, .. well it wouldn't influence me.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If the Game Corner was in Diamond and Pearl for the EU version, what makes the difference with Platinum? It's not like they got any complaints from parents or anything like that, but I could be wrong.

Pingouin_7

Hey, they're probably removing the slots to teach kids not to gamble, but now instead they teach kids to waste all their money on coins instead!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Hey, they're probably removing the slots to teach kids not to gamble, but now instead they teach kids to waste all their money on coins instead!

Well I am pretty sure if they are trying to teach the kids not to gamble and things like that they might as well remove the whole Game Corner instead. It's ridiculous to have the Game Corner there when you can't even play it.

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
  • Its not the fact that the slots are gone thats bugging me so much, its just how cheaply they did it and the fact we get slightly less of a game for a bigger prace tag purely because we're in Europe.

Their work around is absolutely appalling, Theres a man in Veilstone which still hints towards the addictiveness of the slot machines, so they missed that out. And although they give you coins each day which varies in amount, they could of adjusted the coin prices for the prizes.

Believe it or not, I played the game corner properly in my Diamond version, buying the coins to buy prizes just didnt have much of an appeal for me, so I gambled when I needed a certan TM. Sure, this means I still have a method to play it, but I'd much rather it be there on my Platinum which will now become my main version playwise.

Europe got shafted again, higher price, release distance and this is the second rip off with this version. (We got none of the Rotom form cards either, wheres the justification in that?)

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2022
    That sucks for you Europeans, seems like you guys are always getting the short end of the stick when it comes to Pokemon. >_> I just don't understand Nintendo's motive behind this. The slot machines have been a staple of the games ever since the originals, it makes no sense to remove them now especially when there have been no complaints of it, at least as far as I know. They don't even differ from Diamond and Pearl at all.

I'm now worried that this might happen with all international copies of HG/SS outside of Japan, though, which I truly hope doesn't happen.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    That sucks for you Europeans, seems like you guys are always getting the short end of the stick when it comes to Pokemon. >_> I just don't understand Nintendo's motive behind this. The slot machines have been a staple of the games ever since the originals, it makes no sense to remove them now especially when there have been no complaints of it, at least as far as I know. They don't even differ from Diamond and Pearl at all.

I'm now worried that this might happen with all international copies of HG/SS outside of Japan, though, which I truly hope doesn't happen.

Yeah and if they didn't want the Game Corner in the games no more for the EU version, they could've tooken it out in the 5th generation to come instead.

Years
  • We're getting more and more overly politically correct, over protective etc as time goes on, where are we going to be in 10 years if this keeps up?

(that is, if age restrictions were the reason)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    We're getting more and more overly politically correct, over protective etc as time goes on, where are we going to be in 10 years if this keeps up?

(that is, if age restrictions were the reason)

Well they're probably going to not add certain things anymore in the other generations, but who knows. They could possibly even raise the age restrictions.

It's really dissapointing to me though. Not only am I dissapointed how there is no Game Corner for the EU, but to think what would happen to the next generations to come, they could possibly leave out a bunch of things we like.

Years
  • Well they're probably going to not add certain things anymore in the other generations, but who knows. They could possibly even raise the age restrictions.

It's really dissapointing to me though. Not only am I dissapointed how there is no Game Corner for the EU, but to think what would happen to the next generations to come, they could possibly leave out a bunch of things we like.
    Exactly, and all because a bunch of stupid parents don't want to tell their kids not to copy stuff they see in games -_-

I don't even see how it could lead it real gambling, I first used the Game Corners back in Yellow before I was 10 and never gave real gambling a second thought.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • That's too bad for some people, I doubt there is any other way to get TM explosion. Luckily I downloaded the US version on to my flash cart so I missed knowing about this :P

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    That's too bad for some people, I doubt there is any other way to get TM explosion. Luckily I downloaded the US version on to my flash cart so I missed knowing about this :P

Well true, but with this Game Corner missing, I guess they're going to have to trade with people.

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
  • Wow, this is pretty bad...
    I'm happy I downloaded the NA version, but still, feel very bad for my fellow Europeans.
    What bothers me most is that the slots still worked in DP, so I don't get it why not in Pt, I mean, come on, it's the same freaking game.
    And as many said, it's not like people will get RL gambling ideas just becuase you can gamble in a pokemon game...
    If only angry-mails would work...
    Really hope that the next games won't be screwed over like this, and not only for the EU versions, I'm afraid they may remove things from all versions but the Japanese ones...

Well if you keep downloading the games, you've no right to complain. If anything, your encouraging them to do a half ass Job because they may scale back on funding because alot of people are resorting to piracy.

Until you fairly put your money where your mouth is and buy the game, your at no inconvinience and therefore have no right to complain.

Suzuna

~Contest Queen~
    Years
  • I've only been to the game corner a few times, and I wasn't really interested in it. I thought the one in Hoenn was better with its roulette, I only really bought the coins to buy TMs and stuff

Back