• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonstrife

I am me. That is it.
Years
  • All right, how do I get it to where my hero catches the pokemon? And how do I make it to where the pokemon don't attack my hero? Any ideas?

Oh, I was wondering, how do you guys get all that stuff on your posts, the same pics and all time after time? And how do you mak a clickable sig?(Where the button says one thing, then you click it, and a window pops up finishining it) I'd like to know... well thanks DarkMage!

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Daegon> This is what your profile says: 5 languages known, trained Kung-fu / jousting since 5. Tell me how it is at the CIA. You know they have a youth internship for the Operations Officer position (aka spy) when you're a junior in highschool. Lemme know how it is! I'm not old enough yet.

Demonstrife> You need to have an event that removes your hero and replaces it with your pokemon. Play RM2K?mon or Pok?mon Galaxy to see how to do this. And Ikakuni? or somebody posted a little mini-tutorial for catching pokemon. Surf the thread, you should find it.

Those things at the bottom of our posts are signatures (sigs). Go to someplace like www.uploadit.org to upload a personal picture you made on the computer. You can then add it to your sig. To edit your signature, click User CP at the top, or click here:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/usercp.php?
    Then click Edit Signature, or go directly there by clicking here:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/profile.php?do=editsignature

That answer your question???

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I'm not interested in that sort of stuff. Anyway, I'm stuck in Korea
    right now. I want to focus on my studies and other stuff.

demonstrife

I am me. That is it.
    Years
  • Hey, Krazy Meerkat, I was dowloadind the winRaR download so I could play, but when I got it done, it said the file Crown5 was not found! I' searched my computer for it, and I reinstalled it. So do you have the file? 'Cause I really wanna play.
    And can someone help me with the plot for my game? Be cause I refuse to stick too much to the same mold... like after you do certain things, you wind up unlocking special hidden cilps in your pc. (this game will be rated "M" for mature mainly because I plan on making two versins... one for adults, one for kids! the... hold up, in roman numerals, what is D? Anyways, the "m" version is mainly about a guy who owns a Bagon and his uber-hot girlfriend, and their adventures together. the kiddy one is well, abou a hero who go around beating the gyms and the usual. the adult one let the pokemon use weapons... *hands Mewtwo a double sideed battle-axe* the kiddy one they jcan hold berries and the usual...*Mewtwo chops the little kiddy version to bits* So I need a plot for the adult one first, alright? any Ideas will be greatly appreciated! PM me with ideas!

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
  • Hey.. I've got a prob as well.. :nervous:
    When I make an event.. and only want to make it work once,
    I first put in, for example, a message..
    then I put in: delete event..
    Well, it does work, when I don't leave the building..
    but when I leave the building (or area) and then enter the area again,
    the event works again..
    so my question is: How can I remove an event after it took place once
    in the game permanently??
    Thnx in Advance ;)

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2005
    make a switch activated at the end of the event.
    add a new page and have it so that it is activated when the switch is on.

that will fix your problem

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
  • Lavender town: Push on F7.. (event mode)
    then right click on a tile that you want your party to start on,
    and choose: Place starting party position..
    that's it! ;)

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Intros can be made with pictures, or you can use AVI videos. MissingChu used AVI's, I used pictures. Name choices can be made with the Enter Hero Name command. Is that what you were asking?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Ya can't, but you can:
    ~Edit the splash screens (Double click RPG_RT.exe to run your game outside rm2k. The splash screens are the logos before the titlescreen)
    ~Create a custom title screen after the default one with pictures and a flashing "Press Start"

Sorry.

Years
  • When i try to get some pkmn ruby battle pics inorted in to Rm2k it says "color depth invalid", so i go into paint and save it as 246 color bitmap imaige it changes. Is ther a patch for higher resolution images? ( sorry if i mistype)

youngotaku

Collecter of Mews
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 23, 2006
    The Questions Cometh! :chu:
    How Do you make a faceset go on just a certain charecter(an npc)?
    How Do you make the dialouge "2 lines"?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • :pokeball: JirachiLv100> Some programs do it better than others. For example, MS PictureIt! has some buffering thingy that makes the transition from True Color to Palette easier with less change. There's no real way to avoid it though, except for taking your screens (rips) in 256 colors initially. Then there shouldn't be a problem. Try Animget. You can get it from www.gamingw.net

:pokeball:youngotaku> To have a face set show up in a message box, use the command Face Graphics near the top of the first tab of event commands. Select your face, and immediately proceeding do your Show Message.
    Code:
    <>Face Graphic: NPC Face, Left
    <>Message: I'm a NPC!
    The face graphic will appear in the textbox that says "I'm a NPC!"

To make it 2 lines, type in the last two lines only. To limit the text box to two lines so it looks good, make a picture in iDraw or something for the msg box. Then set your default textbox to transparent. I gotta go, sorry I couldn't answer your question more thoroughly. cya

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back