• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
Years
  • Can someone plz explain to me how to delete an event after it took place once??!! When I do delete event in for excample a gym...
    then when I leave the gym, and enter it again, I can battle the gymleader
    again!! so how can I delete an event after it took place once permenently..
    thnx in advance!

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
  • Right, what you need to do is to set a switch to activate after you have beaten the gym, and then in the event, you have to make a new page, and on the new page you set it to be activated by the new switch that you made. Does that make sense?

If not pm me and I will explain it to you in more detail.

PatriotFan89

Biggest NE Patriot Fan!!!
    Years
  • Could someone tell me how to make a teleport? As in going from my town to a Pokemon Center? I know like how to make one. But I don't know how to acutally make him teleport, if you get what I'm saying... lol And if you couldn't guess I'm totally new at this.

EDIT: Never mind, I found out how! Now can someone tell me how to make people and edit their text? And how to make the beginning after you press New Game? I'm sorry I'm asking so much lol.

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years

:pokeball: PatsRule1223> "People," or NPC's, (Non-Player characters) are made by going into Event Mode editing (F7) and making a new event. Set the graphic (double click the pink square) to the charset of a civilian, and then use the Show Message command to have a conversation. Show Message displays text on the screen. A box will pop up, and you type in what you want your NPC to say. Then set your event to the movement pattern "Random." Also make sure the event is on Push Key and Same Level as Hero (so you can't walk through him and you press <Spacebar> to talk to him)

The beginning is made with the panoramas (parallax background), pictures, and text. Make a gradient, and save it as a 245-color 320x240 bitmap. Import it into your game in the Panorama folder (use the Resource Manager for this). Right click your intro map and select Map Properties. Check "Use Parallax Background" and select your gradient. Hit OK. Now draw pictues of Prof. Oak and the rest of the crew and use the Show Picture command to show the pictures. The rest is just using Show Message! Did that help?

:pokeball: lavender town067>
    • You can make bosses graphics as an NPC, and then use the battle system to have the boss battle. You can do all that in the Database (F8).
    • To make your NPC's "better looking" you simply have to get better graphics, unless I misunderstood the question
    • Use the Show Message command to display text on the screen.

PatriotFan89

Years
  • Thank you so much DarkMage31! But what do you mean by: Use the Show Picture command to show the pictures. The rest is just using Show Message. Oh, and I have two last questions, then I shouldn't be bothering anyone here for a while lol. These would be: how do you edit the text on signs? Like the regular signs or signs on a pokemon center/mart. And how do you edit the background on the title screen?

Last edited:

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
  • Lt. Surge said:
    Right, what you need to do is to set a switch to activate after you have beaten the gym, and then in the event, you have to make a new page, and on the new page you set it to be activated by the new switch that you made. Does that make sense?

If not pm me and I will explain it to you in more detail.

Sounds cool, I'll try it! thnx bud!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • What I meant was use Show Picture (tab 2 on your event command list) to show the pictues of ppl like Prof Oak. Then you can use show message to have the pic Oak saying something. For example, the picture of Prof Oak comes up, and then the text appears saying: Welcome to the world of Pok?mon!

To edit the text that comes up when you press the action key on a sign is done by going into event mode, double clicking the sign tile, and using the command Show Message. If you want to edit pre-existing text, right click your message and select Edit. Or you can hilight it and press Space if that's faster for you.

If you want to edit the text on the ACTUAL sign, as in the graphic that appears in the world, load the chipset into iDraw or MS Paint and edit it that way.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    First go into a paint program like idraw. Make a "new" picture using the specific
    sizes given. (check RM2K/3 help thingy) Then put that file into the "Title" or
    something like that folder. Then go into the database and replace the title screen with the picture you want it to be.

PatriotFan89

Years
  • Hmm..... I still can't really get the intro to work... like I get the Professor to pop up but my background is the starting town and the same text pops up over and over and I can't get my character to move.... any help is greatly appreciated and I'll gove you credit at the end!

P.S. Darkmage I'll put you in for just putting up with me lol

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I think you've put an "auto start" event. To stop it popping up all the time you'll
    need a "erase event" or "end event processing" section in your script.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Yep, Auto Starts loop indefinately. Same with Paralell Process. If you don't want the background to be your starting town, make a new map and make it all blank (pink) with your lower mode editing tile. Then use your paralax background with the gradient (remember how to do that?). After you get Oak to pop up and all the text that you want, do a Teleport to your starting town. That will stop the Auto Start and get you to your starting town in one swoop. Good luck!

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
  • Hi guys,

just rememberad that a wile ago I was on gamingw, and I read this thing about rpg maker XP, Anyone else heard of this, and if so do you know when it is gonna be released

PatriotFan89

Years
  • Thanks DarkMage and Daegon! I'll be sure to add you guys to the credits! Now one final thing! I mean it this time lol. How do you add the music? Like for each town and route? And for the title screen. Thanks in advance!

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
  • You make an event, and if you're using 2k then you click "play BGM" and if you're using 2k3 you click "play music" ok

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back