• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    does someone know how i can add starters to the game?
    The easy way: Go to database>>hero. Add 3 new characters, 'starter1' 'starter2' and 'starter3' Then when you need to add them to your party go to commands, add party and add the specific starter.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • I don't get RMXP.
    Can someone explain me the Layers in RMXP?
    Hows it different from RM2K3?

Years
  • Peekimon said:
    I don't get RMXP.
    Can someone explain me the Layers in RMXP?
    Hows it different from RM2K3?
    Rmxp has 3 layers of tiles and you can place any tile on any layer.
    Not like rm2k3 how you have to use different tiles for the upper layer.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • So, you can put anything on any layer?
    Not like RM2K/3 where you have specific things for specific layer, right?

JavaScript

Sphere and VB avid learner
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    Could someone please make me a map out of this horrible picture:
    General Game Dev Help and Requests

Mind you, I don't just want an average green world map. If possible, could you kind of follow the colors in my picture. The weird things sticking out of the ice and earth places are mountains :D Ummmm... the red dots are the towns and don't worry about the words that I put on the map. The orange lines are the sea route thingis. Thanks alot. I appreciate the work of whoever does this request. Edit: The blue thing is like a whirlpool kinda

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    So, you can put anything on any layer?
    Not like RM2K/3 where you have specific things for specific layer, right?
    Not everything. The first layer practically ignores transparent colours.

how do u get other people then u in the game and in commen event how do u get them to stop talking.
    Could you rephrase your question?

I just download RMXP and I downloaded and imported some tilesets. how do I use them?
    Import them then go to databse>>tilesets.

badboy2658(REMAKE)

Pok?mon Allstar Creator
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    Hello all i need your help for my intro to my game i need to get a picture of the mum from pokemon right now i only have oak and i want the mum

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Did anyone notice that there is a lot of requests made and several of them are ignored? Just thought I'd ask..

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Barry said:
    Did anyone notice that there is a lot of requests made and several of them are ignored? Just thought I'd ask..
    It's because people are gtting more demanding with their requests. Back before there was a boom of interest on this board it was requests like "Can somebody post the male FR/LG charset please". Now it is more like "Can somebody make me charset of Ash from the anime please". Most requests that are like "can someone make me a charset of all Pokemon, i'll give credit. thanks!" are ignored straight away. The reason being is that nobody is willing to spend time making something for a game they no nothing about and, more often than not, will be discontinued within a few weeks. However, people haven't noticed that yet and are still requesting tuff like that.
    All help problems that aren't "Can someone tell me how to make a CBS?" etc are answered.

andrvitor

Pok�mon Black!!!AIradeAsh
    Years
    • Age 43
    • Seen Aug 22, 2018
    Help Batle_charas pokemon

Help Batle_charas pokemon
    Help Maker 2k3/I From Brasil
    Resources Batlechars
    Hello,
    My name is Andr?, but, my nicname is Face Oculta, i have a project in construction, this is:
    Pok?mon Black
    !!!A Ira de Ash!!!

But i need of help, i need Batlechars Pok?mon, please post me resources in this mail: [email protected]
    Or visit my Blog Oficial for Pok?mon Black: https://pokemonblack.zip.net/
    Pelase, is a emerg?ncy...
    This is a example of my desire: https://charas-project.net/resources.php?wa...any=10&fsearch=

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • Can anyone post pokemon charsets for RMXP, please?
    I would prefer the hero/heroine of FR / LG.
    Thanks in advance!

JavaScript

Sphere and VB avid learner
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    ummm... can someone possibly make the map that i showed on page 34 of this topic? Please..... its just a map!

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • Another question:

How do I make a tile blocked. So that, for example, I made a building. How can I make it to where the player can't walk on top of the building?

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
    Years
  • jasonresno said:
    Another question:

How do I make a tile blocked. So that, for example, I made a building. How can I make it to where the player can't walk on top of the building?

Easy, just go to your Database and make the tile set for the building a solid (X) and make the priority 1 Star.

To Poke Manga Artiset: I think you have either put the event on Auto Start or you have done something weird.

Now, can anyone help me out on the Pokemon Style Message Box in RPGMaker XP format? I have tried to do it, but it's too confusing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back