• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together Communic8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akita

Returned
Years
  • It ends tomorrow? Aw. I had so much fun last year, but I've been too busy this time around. All I've done is the irc.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • Tomorrow will basically be my "Do everything that I've been meaning to do but didn't" day. :] Can't wait. I have to finish my Create-A-Pokemon Entry, and yeah...other stuff that I wanted to do too.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I didn't partake in any events this year except for the more fun ones I should say, meaning Skype, Minecraft and TF2. They were managed very well, so kudos to you Jake, Spectrum and Meganium. :D The other events I felt were very lackluster in support, and that's what I feel like what brought the GT this year down a grade. There were way too many events for people to participate in, and a lot of them were purely carbon copies of one another, such as the Emblem Makers event, and such other things. Same thing with the Create-a-Pokemon being another more lengthy version of the Pixel art competition to an extent.

tl;dr this GT wasn't as good as last year's. Egg Swap is also overkill.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I wanted to ask how the freak did the Egg Swap got over 900 replies O___o.

Aww, thankies, Alty. :3 I appreciate the kudos. ^__^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    tl;dr this GT wasn't as good as last year's. Egg Swap is also overkill.

I wanted to ask how the freak did the Egg Swap got over 900 replies O___o.

...the egg-swap also kinda literally killed Nintendo's wifi. XD; But really, this has been the most successful egg swap of all with two people reaching 200 swaps (I think?) and everyone else up around those numbers. Seriously, egg swap is one of the most successful events PC has had overall imo. :x

TALKING OF WHICH I SHOULD PROBABLY UPDATE THE EGG SWAP SCOREBOARD.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • People swap eggs a gazillion times just to receive an emblem and a Patrat in the end. It just seems kinda pointless to me, but if people want to go for it, then let them be. I just think personally that it's a spam fest in there, not to mention it seems to be quite difficult to just post there.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well imo it's more about who ends up with what egg at the end. I've made sure to tell people not to use "filler" etc, so it's not technically spam, but... idk, I just find it exciting I guess since I've been involved in it twice now. :x Plus I've barely traded and I don't care, because I know everyone I've traded with has traded a lot and therefore it's like I've traded a lot, sorta.

Masqueraine

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    and a lot of them were purely carbon copies of one another, such as the Emblem Makers event.

im scratching my head at this one :p i dont see how the emblem sketcher competition is a carbon copy of any of the other events.. because theres really no competition that involves making emblems. i think its a pretty cool one anyway, itd be sweet to enter an icon and then see it implemented and tons of people receiving it.

and the egg swap seems like fun to me, forever! :) id be in it for sure if i had my ds where i am now.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Oh well. Im back and Im gonna try to do some stuff probably cant.

I guess the emblem thing is true. Oh well. Seems like there wasent a big activity like last year. Sad I missed it. :p

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I don't think it's the amount of events that's the problem here - it really boils down to the time of year. This year it's being held in July, as opposed the mid-August (as usual). Peeps are either busy with exams, on holiday, catching up with friends or even still at school/uni/college. It's only in August that most people will find time to actually come here and participate - that's why GT7 was so amazing.

I reckon if this were held in August we'd get a much better reception. But we learn from experience, so we'll know for next year.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Whoa... This Get-Together is pretty inactive, if you guys are right, compared to the last one.

Speaking of inactivity, I have loosened up the rules for Pokédex 3DSnap so that it now allows anyone with a computer to enter Category C. No more 3DS requirement!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Timing may be one thing, but it's also the fact that there are way too many events. No one's going to be able to take on 50 or so events in a single weekend on their own anyway. I think this year we've bitten off way more than we can chew when it comes to that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back