• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphic Rating Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMan666

-Samurai-
Years
  • Please rate ^___^

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
  • They look nice, but I can't really read what's belove PETA in the first sig.

it's okay... you took two planets, put them on a starfield.. it would have been nicer if you had put a sort of haze over the planets to make them look like they were already on the starfield.

The star field and the planets were made by my. I have photoshop for two weeks now, so I am still in the proces of learning... And if you by the haze mean atmopshere, then it there to prove it here are the pics:

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Sawyer

���
    Years
  • you didn't make that. it's impossible to make such a thing in PS from scratch. and frankly, i wouldn't have cared if you had said you used someone else's planets, but lying about it is bad, since i can tell when you are.

MystiKal

from the mouths of babes
    Years
  • The Legendary ACManga said:
    you didn't make that. it's impossible to make such a thing in PS from scratch. and frankly, i wouldn't have cared if you had said you used someone else's planets, but lying about it is bad, since i can tell when you are.

Uh... Wrong, it's really quite easy too make a planet in PS, I've done plenty. >:P

Kurayami

{ ♥ | a r d e u r | ♥ }
    Years
  • Could some one please comment on these avatars? ._.; I'm not sure I like how they turned out. ^^; And the little text is supposed to be un-readable. It's just there to look pretty. ^^;

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • Overall I think they both look really nice you seemed to choose the right text and a picture to go with the overall avatar, but there is just something about the ears on the first one with the pink background, that seems a bit off ^^'

Ah first post here XD

Graphic Rating Thread

Just something I did in PSP 8

Sawyer

���
    Years
  • hmm... okay, sorry for the accusation, and sorry for being a **** lately... i've had some "problems" recently.

Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    *points to sig* keep pressing refresh and give my your opinions of the 4 banners in my sig rotator ^_^

Composer of Requiems

Hand over your presents.
    Years
  • Cyndaquil said:
    Wow overall feel is very impressive but... why pixel? If you want to use pixel font or sprites, don't distort it too much ^^ I strongly recommend you find a normal art of Cyndaquil and use it instead. The usage of the Q is very good.

Kyosuke said:
    Graphic Rating Thread

Just something I did in PSP 8
    Ok... to be honest, I preferred your other sprite animation style.

That is about the only real usage of sprites in graphics design; mainly because, sprites are usually too pixelated. In this kind of case, it really doesn't work with the background because the background doesn't give the right kind of theme. I think if you used the flashing words and animated the sprite, then changed the background style, it would look much better.

Also, I have a problem with the usage of stocks. Unless there is some very strong theme in putting them together, it isn't really a good idea to use too many stocks at once. I suspect these 3 are part of a team (am I right?) but it isn't glaringly obvious when you first look it at; so it looks like you just put 3 random things together.

Usually if there is more than one stock in the work, then there should be some distinction/contrast to show that there is some very strong significance in using them. Otherwise, it diverts attention.

Nekomajo Asunya said:
    Graphic Rating Thread

I'm sorry to sound irritated or anything, but I've yet to get a rate on my latest work.
    Umm same thing; please try not to use too many stocks in the same work, and also, stocks are a bit too small. There is too much empty space. Not that empty space is a bad thing, but it doesn't flow with all themes.

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
  • Composer of Requiems said:
    Umm same thing; please try not to use too many stocks in the same work, and also, stocks are a bit too small. There is too much empty space. Not that empty space is a bad thing, but it doesn't flow with all themes.
    I kinda overdid it with the sprites, but that's because I was trying to get rid of the empty space. Still, it couldn't be done, but it came out good regardless in my eyes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back