• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Has this ever happened to you?

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
Years
  • I think, when the happiness of the Pokemon is above 201, it will everytime, when you want to release it, come back. When you don't want that, you can try to give him as much bitter items as you have, so it will be happy, when you release it =D

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    if u search this thread on the second page i think...
    it tells u how it happens but here were just listening to other stories!!!
    GO AWAY ABSOL lolz it wont release!
    and my SKITTY!!!
    those 2 are really annoying!
    i deleted the HM of my lucario now its finally gone!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I do recall it happening to me a few days ago. I believe I was trying to release another one of my Bellsprouts. I took it out from the Daycare Center and I didn't notice that it had the HM cut, so I tried to release it when I got to the PC and it didn't work. So I went to the moveset and then that's when I realized it had the HM cut. I decided to keep it instead of going to he move deleter. Though it is pretty nice to see that when you're pokemon don't want to leave, it feels like if they are just too attached instead of it just having an HM move.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    yh lolz attachment not got anything to do with HM's!!! xD
    keep the stories rolling people!

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • this has been discused on a lot of pokemon sites including gamefaqs and the reason is if that pokemon is the only one knowing that hm you cant release it nintendo made it so that you cant release that pokemon and be stuck in game if you needed a hm to get away from where you are like sootopolis in em where you would be stuck whitout a fly or dive pokemon, it happened to me when i tried to release my wailmer in emerald, the only poke i had who knew dive

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    yh lolz attachment not got anything to do with HM's!!! xD
    keep the stories rolling people!

I know that. Even if it is because of the HM's though, the pokemon had two big hearts for me as well. Therefore, that makes it attached to me, and it makes me feel proud of my pokémon for that reason.

ıf u want to relase it,
    trade it with someone and take it back.
    when it turnes back,
    it doesn't love you anymore when you don't keep it

That will work, yes. Unless the pokemon knows an HM move it will not work at all. You'd have to get that HM removed by the move deleter first. Then the pokemon can be released without any of the bond or HM problems.

now that makes me wonder what could be the factors????

If you are talking about what could be the reason for this problem then it's because the pokemon has too big of a bond with you. However, it doesn't have to be that dilemma only on why it won't release. There is HM moves which can cause your pokemon not to leave you. I try to be careful on what I put my HM moves on, because I don't really go to the move deleter that much. I remember when my Geodude wouldn't release, but it was not because of the HM move problem. The problem was that it had a bond with me and at that time I didn't know about bonds. I tried to figure out what the dilemma was, but I just couldn't find it. I checked the movesets to try and find any HM's and there wasn't a single HM in sight. Then I got to know about the Friendship Checker and that's when I realized that is why my Geodude wouldn't release.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    WOW all eyes on ~Morning Bliss~ seems like u know everything now!!!
    BTW the post u quoted of mine i was being sarcastic xD
    more stories people!

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    ok cool water pokemon are cool but fire pokemon are my favourite and dragons!
    more and more stories people.
    absol still hasn't left!

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
  • i was releasing some of my pokemon... (yh im sad lolz)
    and i was releasing Lucario that i got from GTS... (Riley)
    and it came back!
    and i tried it again and again and again...
    3 times i tried it and it never got released it just came back every time i tried to release it.

So has this ever happened to you?
    YEA lol happend to my lv 70 waillord
    LOL the pokemon company just makes things more realistic

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
    Years
  • Well i don't tend to release Pokémon into the wild, but if it just doesn't leave, that sounds really cute!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 15, 2009
    What I do if that happens is put into the PC and let it stay there. I quit doing that after awhile though.

(It has never happened to me before)

Years
  • You're telling me that if a pokemon loves you enough, it will come back EVEN if you release it? That's new. I have to try that.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    You're telling me that if a pokemon loves you enough, it will come back EVEN if you release it? That's new. I have to try that.

Yes that statement is true. However, your pokemon must have 2 big hearts, and they cannot have two tiny hearts.

Well seeing as Chansey evolves through love, my Blissey would not release. I tried just a few days ago in Pokémon Pearl but it would not work whatsoever. So I just decided to leave it alone. My PC box was full of Bonslys so I decided to release a few. It worked successfully until I tried releasing 2. Apparently when I put them in my party, they had 2 big hearts and I didn't even realize it. I decided to put them back, but seeing as just walking around through the Sinnoh Region can get your pokémon to like you, that is probably why those 2 bonslys would not release.

Back