• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    do you know the chances of finding a flying pikachu after 1000 steps because it's taking me ages to find one.

Zero. You must have done 10,000 steps before you can encounter a Flying Pikachu and 9,500 for a surfing Pikachu.

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    Hey Guys!

Just wondered where I could Find TM Brick Break for my newly caught Heracross ^-^

Thanks for you time `n all =D

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
  • obtained by trading or receiveing a pokemon that's holding this item

so in other words get it from platinum and trade it over

Last edited:

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
  • Hey Guys!

Just wondered where I could Find TM Brick Break for my newly caught Heracross ^-^

Thanks for you time `n all =D

You can obtain it from Battle Frontier for 48 BP : D

Question:

Can a Giratina/Dialga/Palkia from Sinjoh Ruins be shiny? Just wondering so I won't waste time trying to get 1. D:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You can obtain it from Battle Frontier for 48 BP : D

Question:

Can a Giratina/Dialga/Palkia from Sinjoh Ruins be shiny? Just wondering so I won't waste time trying to get 1. D:

Any pokemon can be shiny, each one of them has the ability to be other than certain event pokemon such as 10th Anni.
    However, I wouldn't advise trying to obtain one as it would be much easier to just soft reset on D/P/P.

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
  • you cant SR with the giratina palkia or dialga coz when arceus reborns one it atuomaticly goes in your party or PC u cant save in front of it you cant battle it so you cant SR it to be shiny

witch really suks hmm i wich u could though aye

Last edited:

PunkySTAR

* Insert Witty Comment Here *
    Years
  • hey guys,

question on the pokewalker....
    yesterday I put my Pika in it while I was doing some cleaning, and collected a good number of steps, however this morning when I looked at it the step count had gone back down to zero? I hadn't connected it to my DS or removed any gifts.... Has anyone else had this happen?
    My watts where still there just the step count was reset. I was trying to get alot of steps to increase my chances of finding better Pikachus in the Yellow Forest....

Thanks for the help!!

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
  • each day your steps you have done for that day will reset but it stil gets recorded on your overall step count so as well as your wats

PunkySTAR

* Insert Witty Comment Here *
    Years
  • each day your steps you have done for that day will reset but it stil gets recorded on your overall step count so as well as your wats

ahh Thank you very much!!!

So to have enough steps to increase my chances with a surf/flying pikachu do I need the steps in my over all step count or on my pokewalker at that time?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    ahh Thank you very much!!!

So to have enough steps to increase my chances with a surf/flying pikachu do I need the steps in my over all step count or on my pokewalker at that time?

you need to get it on your pokewalker at that time

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • you cant SR with the giratina palkia or dialga coz when arceus reborns one it atuomaticly goes in your party or PC u cant save in front of it you cant battle it so you cant SR it to be shiny

witch really suks hmm i wich u could though aye

Just to clarify, you technically could, though it wouldn't be worth it in my opinion. If you save before the event begins, you can still soft-reset, it will just take a long time to check Dialge/Palkia/Giratina each time. Given that it would take a long time, I suggest doing what an above poster suggested and SRing on DPPt and trading over, so long as you're okay with it not being level 1.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    I'm in johto and i can't go to the 8 badge.
    Can someone help me?
    I went to the ice path but i couldn't get out.

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
  • I'm in johto and i can't go to the 8 badge.
    Can someone help me?
    I went to the ice path but i couldn't get out.

Just push all the boulders down the holes, and jump down a hole when you got all of them.

then you just glide to whatever and leave.

I don't remember any specifics, just look at a walkthrough if needed.

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
  • Ah, sorry about the in-game teams thing. I didn't see that rule on the OP!

Anyways, another question. What times-days is Burna's (sp) password on? I can't seem to see a regular schedule.

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years

Anyways, another question. What times-days is Burna's (sp) password on? I can't seem to see a regular schedule.

2 AM, 5 AM, 8 AM, 11 AM, 2 PM, 5 PM, 8 PM, and 11 PM

Guy

just a guy
    Years

Buena's Password radio show will come on at several points during the day. These times would be at 2am, 5am, 8am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm, and 11pm. As you can tell, it follows a pretty easy pattern during the day. The show gives out a question, after you listen to it you must head over to the Radio Tower to see her in order to answer her question. If you get it right, then you earn points that you can later exchange for prizes.

Just throwing it out there, but before you get to do all this you need to obtain the Blue Card from Buena's assistant first, who resides in the Radio Tower as well.

As for in-game teams, here's what it says about it straight from the OP just as a reminder to those curious about asking in-game team questions. :)

→ Any In-game team questions are not allowed, so please do not ask.

For example:

[jq]What should I use on my team?
    → Anything you would like to use on your team is what you should go with. No matter what team you have or what Pokémon you use, it'll work in-game. Just have fun with it and if you find it a little difficult just do some extra training to get ahead.[/jq]

Back