• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    Alright ive researched about Entei and Raikou respawning right, but im still in unclear waters.

So both my roamers have horrible natures, and i havent beaten the elite 4.

If i ko both of them and defeat E4 do i go back to burnt tower and release them again and their natures will be different ?

If so, say my entei has a perfect nature caught him and saved the game however Raikou still has crappy nature can i KO him and defeat E4 to reset his nature ?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • what are the best spots to EV train on SS for each stat?
    There's a really good HG/SS EV training guide here on GameFAQs. Hit Ctrl+F / Cmd+F and type in "ivevt" for a list of hotspots.

If so, say my entei has a perfect nature caught him and saved the game however Raikou still has crappy nature can i KO him and defeat E4 to reset his nature ?
    Every time you defeat the Elite Four, any "exclusive" Pokémon that you have either KO'd or released will be re-released. This includes Snorlax, Sudowoodo, the red Gyarados and the legendaries. Since you already have Entei, if you hold on to it, it won't be re-released. Any of the other roaming beasts that, as I said, you have KO'd or released will be re-released. They will also have new natures as soon as they begin to roam. If that nature is still undesirable then you need to repeat the process all over again.

Years
  • Where is the Pal Park and are any items available from it like in the Sinnoh one? :P

where on route 27 is bird keeper jose?

this is the only trainer i havn't added to my pokegear. i've looked all over route 27, and i can't find him =/
    https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/rematch-saturday.shtml

I think you surf through a whirlpool around the point the dock/route is about to go north. he should be just below some trees on a tiny bit of grass/shore.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    There's a really good HG/SS EV training guide here on GameFAQs. Hit Ctrl+F / Cmd+F and type in "ivevt" for a list of hotspots.

Every time you defeat the Elite Four, any "exclusive" Pokémon that you have either KO'd or released will be re-released. This includes Snorlax, Sudowoodo, the red Gyarados and the legendaries. Since you already have Entei, if you hold on to it, it won't be re-released. Any of the other roaming beasts that, as I said, you have KO'd or released will be re-released. They will also have new natures as soon as they begin to roam. If that nature is still undesirable then you need to repeat the process all over again.

this means all the birds and mewtwo too?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    It's in Fuchsia City. Where the Safari Zone is in Fr/Lg.

Yeah, you get berries for capturing, just like in Sinnoh as far as I know...

Tiax

It's Show Time
    Years
  • Hey, guys, should I add Jirachi to my team? I was originally thinking a team like this for SoulSilver:

Feraligatr, Magmar, Magneton, Gengar, Crobat, and Machamp, but I was thinking about putting in a Jirachi 'cause of the event. What do you guys think?

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • Hey, guys, should I add Jirachi to my team? I was originally thinking a team like this for SoulSilver:

Feraligatr, Magmar, Magneton, Gengar, Crobat, and Machamp, but I was thinking about putting in a Jirachi 'cause of the event. What do you guys think?

i think if you give it the right move set it would be an awesome team. you might want to ask in the pokemon movesets and strategies section they can help you out alot depending on if you are using it for in game team or competitive

Tiax

It's Show Time
    Years

• i think if you give it the right move set it would be an awesome team. you might want to ask in the pokemon movesets and strategies section they can help you out alot depending on if you are using it for in game team or competitive

It was just meant for an in game team. Should I use all seven...somehow?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • It unlocks Night Sky's Edge on the Pokéwalker if you haven't already done that. Other than that, it knows a non-STAB move which doesn't fit into any useful movesets for Jirachi.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • ok, so now I should miraculously have night sky's edge on my pokewalker route list. That's all. ok, sounds like a bit of a waste, but I guess I can use it on my team though since it's not uber.

Rassalon

Epic One
    Years
  • As i don't have a 121 page attention span i am going to ask this anyway.
    If i were to restart my copy oh Heartgold would i lose all of my event pokewalker courses?
    I still have all Wonder Cards and Pokemon i got them with if that helps.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Yep, you will lose Pokéwalker Routes (and Wonder Cards) if you delete your game. From what I understand, some Wonder Cards allow you to send them to other friends, so hypothetically you could send the cards to a friend then restart your game and have that friend send it back. That ability is in Platinum though, not sure if it works in HG/SS.

Edit: It does work in HG/SS but it might not work on every Wonder Card.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • if you erase your game on hg it also restarts everything on the pokewalker. if you have the jirachi you can get that route back. but not the yellow forest, or winners path or any other ones you already unlocked

Years
  • hey guyz,
    i want to know, what starter is best for soulsilver?
    chikorita on totodile?
    i didnt include cyndaquil because i chose it on heartgold

Back