• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: (HoTW #59) Pokemon Dissension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
  • Sorry for the lack of updates, our Heroin presentation is on hold due to some permission issues, but we should have Skyler ready to be presented soon!

I also updated the original post since it seems there is a VERY similar image set already, so now we have a nice aero theme :)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I just noticed I was mentioned in the RHN! Yay! Anyway, what I have added is an inside secret, that isn't much of a secret, but an extension to what Punk Rocker's ROM Base left off.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • I just noticed I was mentioned in the RHN! Yay! Anyway, what I have added is an inside secret, that isn't much of a secret, but an extension to what Punk Rocker's ROM Base left off.

I know, the review was really cool. We won't be using Punk Rocker's base anymore, simply because I have decided for better organization I will be inserting the tiles myself, and not to mention I have the new buildings. But I will port over the interior tiles as well :)

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • What?
    So your going to restart now?

Not at all, simply porting things over, not to mention there is work being done simultaneously which is preparing for the new ROM Base :)

The only difference in the maps will be the houses, they are going to be 3d-ish but will still be the D/P buildings

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I know, the review was really cool. We won't be using Punk Rocker's base anymore, simply because I have decided for better organization I will be inserting the tiles myself, and not to mention I have the new buildings. But I will port over the interior tiles as well :)

Do you still need me at all? I will help in the future if you wish.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • I still have a bit of time. It may be a bit slow though, but I can help a bit!

Awesome! Since we are moving ROM Bases I don't think there is any rush to get everything inserted, but as fast as you could would be great. Chesu and I are going through sprites (pokémon, heroes, rivals, gym leaders... the works) and getting them remade. So we can wait for the tiles for a while whilst we do that. I will send you a PM

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years
  • um, so you are making a game with no new Pokemon? What're the special Legendaries?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • um, so you are making a game with no new Pokemon? What're the special Legendaries?

every legendary of gen 1 2 and 3 are obtainable , some will be in the Ruby version, others will be in the Fire Red version. Some Gen 4 legendary will be obtainable but not all of them, and I will not release what ones are obtainable at this point.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    This is very good,chris.Its cool,you made it look proffesional.I'm sure this will be a smashing hack in the showcase.If you want,i can make you maps.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
  • Congratulations on winning hack of the week number 59. Here is your award.
    dissensionaward.png

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • Congrats to Chris and Pokemon Dissension for winning the HOTW #59!

Thanks to everyone who congratulated me, be it over MSN or here on the forums. And thanks to everyone who voted.

Hopefully we will be closer to a beta release soon.

Skyler and Kelly's sprites are almost done, D/P Pokemon will be done soon, and hopefully we can get everyone a new peek of the revamped tiles and the new Rom Base fairly soon. There will be some new screens in the next day or two.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • We're so close to unveiling the protagonists, I can taste it! It'll be nice to be done with them... in the last week I've seen so many red and black pixels that my PTSD is catching up with me... flashbacks of when I first got my Virtual Boy...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back