• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How do YOU feel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    All it is is an alternate colour... actually, it reminds me of the CO colour option in Advance Wars — not at all special.
    Nor is looking ones with Pokerus at all worthwhile since the time taken to find one could've been spent training a normal Pokemon.
    Pokerus is TOTALLY different. Not only does getting Pokerus benefit the Pokemon that gets it, but it can also infect other Pokemon as well. Cutting EV to a quarter of the regular time (as EVERYONE that EV trains should be using the Macho Brace) is an incredible benefit that shouldn't be overlooked.

It's not only that they are just a different color. The fact that they are really hard to get them makes them rare thus much more valuable.
    So getting a shiny Gyarados will get a much better trade than a normal Gyarados which anyone can get in-game.
    Value is in the eyes of the beholder. You will only get more value with a shiny Pokemon if the recipient values them. Personally, I would much rather trade for a Gyarados with a good nature, and flawless IVs than one that is simply a different color. No value in that whatsoever.

Years
  • Value is in the eyes of the beholder. You will only get more value with a shiny Pokemon if the recipient values them. Personally, I would much rather trade for a Gyarados with a good nature, and flawless IVs than one that is simply a different color. No value in that whatsoever.
    And my point was they are valued by most people because of the rarity.
    That's why a lot of Pokémon gamers spend lots of time looking around for them.
    There are even Fanclubs here for Shiny Pokémon Trainers.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Finding a shiny is like a needle in the haystack. But still it's worth it, 'cause It is a trophy of hard work and patience. And there is no difference between a normal and a shiny one.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2009
    I've never found a shiny in my many runs through FR and LG. It's not really worth it. Maybe in DPPt, things are different. But I wouldn't know. I only play on Shoddy.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I've found only one shiny in the third generation, and that was a shiny Voltorb in New Mauville. After migrating it, I sadly traded it on Wi-Fi. Personally, I don't like SRing for shinies, expecially since I get too bored too quickly.

~symphony

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I find them to be quite trivial compared to other stuff you can do during your spare time.
    The fact that most of them look worse than their normal counterpart makes it hard to even try catching one, even if it's HP is just a sliver left.
    Then again some of them (Namely Metagross) have an awesome shiny sprite, but that's only a small percantage of them. :/

Years
  • I've never particularly searched for them, but I bumped into a shiny wingull in front of Safari Zone in my Sapphire version. It was white and green instead of the usual white and blue. I love shinies a lot. My friend wanted to give me his blue coloured clamperl (the whole pokemon was blue) but his save file got deleted before we could do the transaction. I also traded my Entei for a shiny Banette. He was really happy to get an Entei but I legendaries aren't as valuable as a shiny.

I lost all my shinies though, because my savefile was deleted by a guy who borrowed my game when he saved his 15 minute game file over my 500hrs game file T.T
    Now I only take pride in training a box full of level 100 pokemon without using any rare candies...

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • Hey, anymore reason to keep playing or trying new things is a good thing. Shinies appeal to those avid collectors and act as an extra incentive to search harder and pick up their game. Sounds good to me!

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Shinies are nice, but I didn't even know they existed until R/S/E. I got a shiny legendary once, pure luck :). Never tried soft-resetting. Takes too much time.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Shiny Pokemon are just a different colour, that's all. Sure its a sight to behold once you found one, but there isn't anything else to make it better then the normal kind.

Maybe its just the fact that I've only ever caught two in all Pokemon Games (the red Gyrados in Lake Rage and an Entei in Leaf Green) that makes me think like that.

Years
  • Shiny pokemon are worth it. Especially if you have a pokemon with Synchronize and you get a good natured shiny legendary. That's when people will offer you big stuff for them. Especially if it's stuff like, well, like Kyogre and Groudon. Rayquaza is also reall valuable if you have a good nature. Mainly because of how good they are in Uber tier.

mizu-kun

Water Pokemon God
    Years
  • shinies are cool, i like them because they are rare but i dont searching for them... if i see one i will probably catch it you know...

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • I don't like to collect shines but if I find one yeah ... I'm excited. But collecting them isn't the same as Ev training.

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
  • I only like them because they're extremely rare. I've only ever caught one (a hoothoot) and that was by pure chance, so when I caught it I was a happy happy girl for a few days =))

I couldn't collect them like some people do though </3 it would piss me off too much.

Edit:// I actually quite like the fact they stand out too, they're all pretty =))

Last edited:

~MasterMind~

⌊C u r i o s i t y ♫ ♥⌉
    Years
  • it's not very much of a BIG deal to me but i'd get shiny's but wouldent spend my whole day looking for them if you know what i mean.

Aitania

overwhelming c u t e n e s s!
    Years
  • In my whole pokemon life, the only shiny I've acquired was the Red Gyrados from Crystal (It was part of the plot)... That was it ;A;!!

But meh, I'm not really desperate for one. I wouldn't spend hours finding one, but I would HOPE and LOVE to get one! Especially a shiny Spheal uwu~!

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I've purposely hunted for shiny pokemon only once (it was for a dunsparce, and did not go very well and bored me to death), but on my ruby version I got a shiny tentacool, duskull, and linoone all by chance. On my emerald version, I even got a second shiny tentacool.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Toughie...=\
    Ummm, I have a shiny Steelix (actually caught it as a Steelix at Victory Road in diamond...)
    Well, the only difference is the colou, and with the majority of hacked shinies *cough*all pokemon shiny code*cough*, I'd say no...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back