• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many years have you been playing Pokémon?

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    Technically, I've been following pokemon gaming since 1998 and got Blue version that year too. So 12 years since I got it for my birthday which is in December. But, I have been playing the games since, except instead of venturing into the newer generations until last year, I was still playing the gameboy/gbc versions of the games. And while I did sway in and out of pokemon for years, I would still play my gameboy from time to time. Now though, I don't think I would leave it again for that long of a period.

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    I'm new to the Pokemon games (NOT new at all to the Pokemon franchise; I was following Pokemon since Generation I and I have the old original Pocket Pikachu device) and SoulSilver was my first Pokemon game and so I've clocked in *glances at game* 540 hours on SS + 25 hours newer hours on my Pearl game that was given to me as a present.

DrawerWorthy

Eevee <3
    Years
  • I started with FireRed and I watched the Anime, so about 7 years now.

Er......about....5 and a half years? I remember I played my first game, Pokemon Yellow, sometime around 2005, which got me hooked. I got my first REAL game, Pokemon Pearl, sometime around 2006 I believe.

Pearl in 2006? I'm guessing you mean Emerald. ;)

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The Pokémon anime was what introduced me to the games when I was about 4 or 5 years old. My first game was Sapphire which got me interested in the generations, and I've been with them ever since. I've been playing the games for eight years now, and I don't think I'll drift away from the games and generations to come anytime soon. XD

Guest123_x1

Starting with Yellow, then Blue, then all three Generation II handheld games, I had been playing the games from December 1999 until I got rid of them in January 2006-a period of just over 6 years.

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
  • I started playing in 1999...so about 12 years. I don't play any of the newer ones though, I just play the old ones over and over again.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I've been watching pokemon since '99, and I've been playing since ruby/sapphire's release, so 8 years.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    14 years i have been playing since i was 5 it has been awhile i have no plans of stopping and i dying for English Black :)
    Same here. I was talking to a user on another forum totally unrelated to pokemon, and pokemon happened to come up in the convo, and he was like "I can't believe I ever got into pokemon, must have been following the herd." I just about died! :laugh:

Rizzy

// Friendship >> Chuck Norris
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2011
    I remember I was a kid, my big brother had a GB and he played Pokemon Silver, Gold or Cristal in it.

I got an emulator on my PC and played also. I was... Woah! I cant remember. Mmmm. I was around 9 or 10 years I guess. I'm now 17 and that joy of playing is still around.

Altough there were gaps that I didnt played no Pokemon what so ever, when I was more into WoW, GTA or Yu Gi Oh!.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
  • Since Pokemon started in America! I watched the anime from when I was 9 until I was 11, and then I got my first game...Yellow. <3
    I still like the anime!

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I didn't start till I think...2007? That was when I first played Diamond. It and pearl were the newest pokemon games at the time.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I guess I got my first Gameboy (with Red) at age... 9, I think? I'm 21 now so it's been roughly 12 years.

BRB FEELING OLD.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • I've been playing Pokémon for twelve years this May. I started with Pokémon Red on my GameBoy Color and still remember my first playthrough as clear as ever.

Back