• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How was your first X/Y Shiny Encounter? (If you still remember)

Years
I've never encountered a shiny in X. I have, however, caught a shiny Rattata in FireRed. And I even encountered a shiny Onix in that same game. Though I didn't have any Pokeballs at the time. >_>

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 11, 2018
My first shiny ever was in Leaf Green, a Poliwag. My second shiny was in Soul Silver, a Golbat. My most recent shiny was yesterday. I had obtained, through Wonder Trade, a 3 IV, female, American Larvesta as well as a 2 IV, male, Japanese Larvesta. I want to use a Volcarona on my team, so this was a good starting place. On my 24th egg, a shiny Larvesta hatched :) It only has 3 or 4 IVs, so I will keep it in my shiny box :)

Years
My first ever shiny encouter was a female shiny Camerupt in pokemon Emerald. I totally loved it, until my Emerald crashed and I lost it.
My first shiny in pokemon Y was Relicanth when I was trying out chain fishing, and in a few days after also shiny Dragalge and Corsola :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 1, 2014
My first was literally 10mins ago , i just started to breed infernape for eggs for my dex and my first egg was a shiny adamant chimchar!!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My first shiny in X was a Shiny Spearow. I'm not satisfied with the actual Pokemon, but nonetheless it WAS a shiny. So no matter what I had to get it.

I used a quick ball to catch it. <3

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
First shiny? Thats another bad story if i remember correctly i had goodluck and bad luck ok so leafgreen shiny MALE clefairy 2 pokeballs didnt catch it :(

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 7, 2014
Mine was a shiny Audino. Audino is one of the few Pokémon that I do not care for so I wasn't as excited. I was more shocked since I was just trying to level up my Mandibuzz & Cofagrigus.

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
Years
Is it sad that I've been with pokemon since the very beginning and I have yet to encounter a shiny pokemon?

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
Years
My first shiny was in pokemon Crystal(No not Gyarados).
you know the Day care gives you a pokemon egg when you first visit them?
well I Hatched the egg and there, Sparkles the shiny Igglybuff was born. :)
My game cartridge eventually corrupted and I lost Sparkles, but she still holds a place in my heart.
PS: that pokemon Crystal game was actually the first pokemon game I ever played. :)

Zodiac Realm

I'm a Negative Creep~
Years
My first shiny was in Pokemon Diamond, were I found a shiny Starly in the Safari Zone. Obviously I was panicking like mad, since I thought it might have fleed, but I guess with it being a pretty common pokemon, it was pretty easy to catch in the end. Still can't help but worry when shiny's are involved, though.

RetroFanatic

Warlock
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
Back in FireRed, I thine. I was EV-training my Typhlosion on Glooms on one of those new islands and doing stuff on the computer at the same time. I encountered one, put the GBA SP down for a few seconds and heard that sound shinies make when you encounter them. Then I was like "Holy crap, did I just hear that?".

Sure enough, it was a shiny Gloom. Don't remember if I found any shiny pokémon in Ruby or Emerald.

firefight

I like people
Years
my first shiny was actually in x. it was a shiny eevee that i evolved into sylveon! i didnt notice it was different at first and i almost knocked it out. i dont know how i didnt notice a silver eevee right away... but luckily i was able to catch it. unfortunately it was a friends ds. she had let me borrow her 3ds and game for a few months but eventually she wanted it back, so before i gave it back i wondertraded all of my pokemon.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
A Shiny Wingull that I encountered while EV training was my first proper encounter with a Shiny Pokemon...sad thing is that I nearly hit it with a move that hits every Pokemon. Might as well have, as a Shiny Wingull isn't particularly important or anything, but...it's the milestone that counts.

First Shiny Pokemon I've ever caught, yeeeeeeah.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
My first shiny in Pokemon X was a Shiny Fletchling within the first 9 hours of game play on my first day having the game xD

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 11, 2018
So, I already posted, but I thought I would do a follow-up. I was just EV training my Ferroseed a few minutes ago and encountered a shiny, only this time it was a Pokemon I couldn't stand, and it was a pain in the arse to obtain. I had already maxed out Ferroseed's HP EVs via Gulpin hordes on Route 5. I wanted to max out his SpD EVs, too, but there's only one decent place to do that: Route 21 via Swablu hordes. Well, you're bound to find way more Spinda hordes per Swablu horde; and sure enough, one of the Spinda was shiny. First, I hate Spinda. It looks like it's doing some cultic, ritual, devil-worshipping dance. Second, it's just creepy. Third, having to eliminate 4 Spinda, all of whom know Hypnosis, before being able to catch that one, creepy, devil-worshipping Shiny? It was a pain. But I figured I should do it since shinies are rare. Well, of course that contributed SpA EVs to Ferroseed. So, after I caught Spinda, I had to get a reset bag and reset all my EVs and start over again -_-

Last edited:

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
Years
  • Age 31
  • ~
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
My first shiny was a bit of a shocker :P
I was playing a Japanese copy of Pearl and I got into the battle with Palkia. The first try it was normal-coloured, but I accidentally knocked it out while trying to weaken it enough to catch it (I didn't want to waste my Master Ball). I resetted, and proceeded to go WHOA DANG because SHINY SPARKLES :O
The Master Ball was perfectly justified this time, since I wasn't going to accidenally faint my first-ever shiny 'mon.

Since then I've transferred it over to my Y and it also became the first ever pokemon I bothered to raise to level 100. It sits in the first spot in my trophy-shiny box since it's not particularly useable competitively (and I don't like using legendaries in player vs player battles anyway) and I usually just use it when I'm training lower-leveled pokemon in the restaurants. It holds that special "first ever" place in my heart regardless :3

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
My first shiny was a Tangela in the Safari, at least in XY. Sadly I don't have it any more, as I lost that cart in November, the same day I found my second shiny, Gible, who I now curse as the most unlucky shiny in the series. Gyarados is the most lucky one btw.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
Someone wonder traded their shiny Kyurem to me i was jumping for joy and i just recently hatched a shiny charmander after a zillion eggs

as for older games i caught shiny ratatta off route 1 and a shiny graveler in mt silver in the original silver (Cartridge got lost)
and i got a shiny lilypup in W2 but that was a rom so i cant transfer him urghhh

Last edited:
Back