• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I heard Red was tough?

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
    Years
    He is tough!!!!
    I once faced him and his pikachu was so damn tough!!
    Man i cnt even beat 1 pokemon fo his

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    Haven't battled him yet, but I'm planning on using my EV trained Pokemon. Hopefully I won't have any trouble with his Pokemon since I'm planning on having all my Pokemon Lv.100. :classic:

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    It was pretty hard when actually. Pikachu killed my Espeon with Volt Tackle, I sent out Meganium, to get killed by Iron Tail, Sent Typhlosion out and died with Volt Tackle, Feraligatr was sent out and Pikachu killed it with its last VT. 4 Pokemon die because of a NFE Pokemon :P

SamSam67

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    He looked tough the first 4 times
    But i wasnt puttin my full potential ...
    He's easy if you put your heart into it

Kenpari

¯\(°_o)/¯ I DUNNO LOL
    Years
    I used:

Tyranitar - Lv. 68 - Earthquake took care of Pikachu
    Mewtwo - Lv. 74 - Ice Beam & Thunderbolt take care of everything else

Snorlax is pretty easy to get even with just Ice Beam and Thunderbolt from Mewtwo. Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise are hit super-effective. I don't know what his last Pokemon is... And just so you know, I did have others on my team, I just didn't use them.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Well I finally caved and brought in Staraptor, Gengar and Rhyperior (from my Diamond) to battle Red. They were in their 70s (except for Rhyperior which was at 60) and I found it relatively easy.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Seriously people. If you made a decent team at all, you can beat him with low level Pokemon. Learn to make better teams if you're sucking that bad against him.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Seriously people. If you made a decent team at all, you can beat him with low level Pokemon. Learn to make better teams if you're sucking that bad against him.

I had a good team with low level pokemon. It just so happened that Red's pokemon were lucky pieces of $#!t. I hardly think that landing critical hit after critical hit is skill lololol.

Plus I only attempted it like 3 times before bringing in the other guys. Haha

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    i killed him with
    feraligatr lv 71
    arcanine lv76
    charizard lv 68
    and raichu lv 69

he has strong pokes, he just plays like an idiot

for example, i have my arcanine out against his venusaur, he used sunny day, i use flare blitz, hes dead, switches to charizard, charizard used flamethrower(i think it was) arcanines flash fire boosted its fire moves, arcanine used flare blitz, charizard fainted...

Red fail

Venusaur doesn't have Sunny Day on Red's moveset...and Charizard doesn't have Flamethrower...Red's Movesets are as follows...

Pikachu Male LV.88 @ Light Ball
    Ability: Static
    - Volt Tackle
    - Iron Tail
    - Quick Attack
    - Thunderbolt
    EXP: 1545

Charizard Male LV.84 @ None
    Ability: Blaze
    - Air Slash
    - Flare Blitz
    - Blast Burn
    - Dragon Pulse
    EXP: 3762

Venusaur Male LV.84 @ None
    Ability: Overgrow
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Giga Drain
    - Sleep Powder
    - Frenzy Plant
    EXP: 3744

Blastoise Male LV.84 @ None
    Ability: Torrent
    - Hydro Cannon
    - Focus Blast
    - Blizzard
    - Flash Cannon
    EXP: 3780

Lapras Male LV.80 @ None
    Ability: Inner Focus
    - Blizzard
    - Brine
    - Body Slam
    - Psychic
    EXP: 3753

Snorlax Male LV.82 @ None
    Ability: Thick Fat
    - Shadow Ball
    - Giga Impact
    - Crunch
    - Blizzard
    EXP: 2706

I gave you the info you need so now go out and try to make your perfect team for crushing Red :)

~HaSeO~

TerrorOfDeath
    Years
    You have to have a balanced team. The snorlax is probably the hardest to beat due to its high defense and hp

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    You have to have a balanced team. The snorlax is probably the hardest to beat due to its high defense and hp

Actually Snorlax is the easiest member of his party as it lost its rest and all that its not really a good wall...and it has special attacks that he mostly uses...Crunch and Giga are rare but Giga HURTS...he is the easiest...but isn't easy...his strongest is either Blastoise, Lapras, or Charizard...Haven't found out yet...just use strong Electric, Fighting, etc and he is done.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    I beat Red with a Tyranitar at level 86 and a level 3 onix.
    He isn't that tough.
    Do you want a cookie?

I decided i'd go for a challenge this time around, went in with lvl 62- pokemon with some decent breeding stats/EV's

Mamoswine62
    Dragonite61 (with OMG FLY!)
    Houndoom55
    Scizor52
    Jolteon61
    and an HM Slave

Pretty much used Scizor as a Bper and swept with double SD's Mamoswine for majority of the pokemon.

larrysturtle

Let's battle :)
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    I outanked Red's pikachu with my lvl 75 swampert, hammer armed his snorlax, and swept the rest with my lvl 70 starmie

it was a lot easier then i thought it would be.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    I swept Red's team with lv78 (8 rare candies, no training) Mewtwo's psychic. I had to use 2 x-special attacks however. I don't think I needed to use those rare candies.... but oh well, it's past.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I used my HM Slaves as folders to take a hit whenever I had to Revive lol poor little slaves...

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    All of you guys are making me AFRAID of Red.

My highest Pokemon level is 56, and that's Lugia. Plus, I'm not even using Lugia, so that's pointless. I need to SERIOUSLY train...

Last edited:
    Back