• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I heard Red was tough?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    He wasnt too tough once you lost to him a few times and assemble a strategy based on your poke's lvls.

My team was
    Typhlosion 66
    Staraptor 57
    Weavile 53
    Ampharos 61
    Suicune 47
    graveler 44 (picked up on the way for pikachu) always did this in gold/silver.

since his team was boosted about 10lvls each poke i had to use the new weather effected battle "hail" to my advantage.
    i eliminated all of his team pretty fast with only 3-5 revives/potions till i hit snorlax. managed to get him to swap it out then after a bit on lapras(only one not affected by the hail) i found the toughest, snorlax was back. couldnt do much since all his moves 1 or 2 hit my team. so i'd either revive and let hail work him over or sneak a flamethrower with typhlosion and repeat. since that kid had 3 full restores it took about 20 minutes. but it was quiet the epic battle. levels dont matter to much. come prepared.

Yoak

Pokemon Battler In-Training
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    I'm toast... I'm struggling as it is.

Typhlosion Lvl 51
    Poliwrath lvl 47
    Togetic Lvl 46
    Jumpluff lvl 47
    Pupitar lvl 47
    Jirachi lvl 49

How am I going to defeat blue

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
    Years
  • I actually thought he was pretty easy, but all my Pokemon were 70-75.

Typhlosion
    Crobat
    Ampharos
    Mismagius
    Slowking
    Kingler (HM slave)

Only little trouble I had was with his darn Snorlax. :<

NDS525

-NO SIGNAL-
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I'm guessing that Red is stronger in the remakes because of the stronger AI...

Be prepared and grind!

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • I fought him with my team all around 58 (I have 5 Pokemon) & I got crushed, I tried a few more times but with no luck. So I did some training and I had:
    Gliscor
    Feraligatr
    Flareon
    Ampharos &
    Togekiss
    All at level 67

Sent out Gliscor 1st, Pikachu's Iron tail missed, boom, 1 earthquake and Pikachu is out.
    He sent out Lapras and I sent out Ampharos, He used Blizzard & I used thunderbolt which paralyzed him then I used another, boom, Lapras is out.
    Then out came Blastoise (WHY?? FAIL!) and the same thing happened with him.
    Out comes Charizard, I healed up Ampharos but got killed by Flare blitz, he was paralyzed by Static and took a fair bit of damage off himself, I sent out my level 17 Nidoqueen and used a Max Revive on Ampharos. He kills Nidoqueen and Ampharos thunderbolts him.
    Next up is Snorlax, Managed to Paralyze him with thunderwave but he kills me, Togekiss then comes out and I Aura Sphere him to death lol
    Then out comes Venusaur and I switch to Gligar, Aerial Ace him a bit but he keeps healing and knocks me out with Giga Drain. I sent Togekiss back out and destroyed him with Air Slash. Boom, Red defeated. :D

Xine

I LIEK U
    Years
  • i dunno why everyone's here seems have trouble with that pikachu o.0
    i pwn Red with four lvl. 55 and two lvl 70 pokes, lol

my team that time was :
    Tyranitar (lvl. 55)
    Ho-oh (lvl. 70)
    Mewtwo (lvl. 70)
    Ampharos (lvl. 55)
    Gyarados (lvl. 55)
    Lugia (lvl. 55)

Tyranitar can pretty much OHKO Red's charizard and pikachu :)

(yes, this team suck. its because i want to beat the game really quick in my first runthrough in the japanese version)

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • Reads all above posts. Sheesh I'm going to need to grind. Hard. *Starts having nightmares of Reds blastoise taking out her fire type team*

Glow Worm's Not Glowing

Not-So-Masterful
    Years
  • I just beat Red now. My team was underleveled, but I finally did it.

Tyranitar - lvl 62
    Typhlosion - lvl 62
    Ampharos - lvl 61
    Breloom - lvl 54
    Staraptor - lvl 38
    Steelix - lvl 27

Staraptor and Steelix were mainly for insurance purposes so I didn't lose, but it was a tough fight. Pikachu kept pwning my Tyranitar until I finally went in there and he started missing, so I earthquaked him once and kaput. The rest of the battle was smooth sailing.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • I had plenty of Full Restores, 5 regular Pokes, and my TRU Arceus. OHKO on EVERY SINGLE ONE of my first 5. Arceus utterly annihilated Red, barely taking damage.

ILoveDragonite

~~Do the wave~~
    Years
  • I just beat Red now. My team was underleveled, but I finally did it.

Tyranitar - lvl 62
    Typhlosion - lvl 62
    Ampharos - lvl 61
    Breloom - lvl 54
    Staraptor - lvl 38
    Steelix - lvl 27

Staraptor and Steelix were mainly for insurance purposes so I didn't lose, but it was a tough fight. Pikachu kept pwning my Tyranitar until I finally went in there and he started missing, so I earthquaked him once and kaput. The rest of the battle was smooth sailing.
    O_O ....... You beat him with that? God he must be over rated brb killing red.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    He's actually fairly easy if you know what is super effective against his Pokemon. After Blue, my team was level 61, and after spending about 8 hours leveling my whole team to 75 through gym leader rematches I climbed Mr. Silver just to see if I would ever stand a chance. And I swept his team with no sweat. I think he only fainted like 2 of my team O.o

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    On my second try I beat him with Pokemon in their early 70's. He actually isn't that difficult, it's just the first time I wasn't really thinking.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    If you bring plenty of Full Restores, use Hail to your advantage and bring along LV70 Ho-oh and Mewtwo he isn't that hard.

TheGearofWar

RAAM Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    I used Gloom, Sneasel, Togetic, Teddiursa, and Chinchou. Most of his Pokemon were 2HKO's, so... Lol

He was pretty easy.

Back