• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you open this thread, you must post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
  • I'm doubleposting but the rules declare it, so follow the rules I must.

Checked in this morning to see what my event ranking is, and it was... 130th. Yikes.

I guess the final push must have happened while I was asleep and not at the end of the event cause it feels like there's a fairly sizable gap between me and 100th place. I burnt my stamina, used all my in-game items to restore it as much as I could, and I'm up to 122nd now. I got a couple friends together and calculated the numbers, and I'm going to check in later tonight to see if the push to make it into top 100 is possible. The problem is that I just don't have enough items to restore stamina, meaning I'd have to end up using... gacha currency. I'd be willing to do that, since I have more than I thought I would right now and it'd still be comfortably affordable (both in-game and for my wallet, I'd just be spending free currency) but I want to wait until there's only a couple or so hours left to see if I really wanna make that move. If it stays comfortable for me, I'll push for it and aim to finish around 80-90. If not, top 300 it is.
    Besides that, it's safe to say I'm guaranteed top 200, maybe top 150. The only problems with that is getting 1 less of the event cards from rewards, and a top 300 title instead of a top 100.

Years
  • Hey Aisaka!

It's been an incredible effort wherever you finish, especially against the pay2win peeps!

That top 100 title sure would be lovely though, so I'm keeping everything crossed for you! 😊

How many hours till you know?

Setsuna

Years
  • Thanks! Ideally top 100 happens but I'll be more than satisfied knowing I could push that high. Usually my casual placements are around top 12k.

I'll be doing a check in around 8 hours, so I'll have a couple hours left to make my push before the event ends if I decide to. It's a... very awkward wait.

Setsuna

Years
  • Well, the end of the event hit an hour ago, and last I checked, I was just barely in the top 90.

We're in that period where they're waiting announce the results. Gave it my all and I had to work harder on the final push than I was expecting. The race was incredibly tight and I ranked up by 10 places just by playing a few songs, and I was feeling nervous the entire last half-hour. I should get the results sometime before I end up going to sleep, so I'll either post them when I get them, or whenever I wake up. I just wanna say it's been super cool getting to mention this and talk about this, and I hope it ends really well!

Setsuna

Years
  • The checking period took 3 hours, which is usually longer than it takes, but... here's the final placement!

Thank you for entertaining this silly idol game player for the month, my grind is gonna be done for months at this point but it was really cool to share, it's kinda hard to describe how it felt really. It felt really cool to be thinking the whole time that I could share my thoughts here and during the final push I was pretty motivated by thinking I'd be able to share my placement here with you guys. It's just... yeah, it's been super cool and thanks for voicing your support. We did it!

Years
  • Wow Aisaka, that is awesome!!!!!

I'm so glad you achieved that top 100! Here's to your shiny new title amongst other things!

It's been really fascinating to hear the ins and out of your push for gold! Are you thinking about taking a break now, or have you managed to escape burn out?

Setsuna

Years
  • If you open this thread, you must post

Thanks guys. <3

yOO congratulations!! 695k is an insane score to reach. what's the score of the top 1 overall? how far away from you from the 89th placer? and more importantly, are you tired right now? eheh
    About 200k of that came from the final push in the last 24 hours, that's how intense it got. I was really sure I wasn't gonna make it. 1st place finished with 10 million, but there was a massive gap between them and 2nd place who only had 3 million. Even just 1 million was enough to get into top 40, so everything got really crazy at that point. 89th finished with 695,871 so I was only about 1 or 2 songs away from taking them.
    I went to bed pretty much right after writing that and messaging my friends I went into the event about it (One of them was tiering alongside me, and he finished 49th). I didn't realize I'd be so tired once I finished, but it felt great to rest afterwards. Feeling great in the morning though.

Wow Aisaka, that is awesome!!!!!

I'm so glad you achieved that top 100! Here's to your shiny new title amongst other things!

It's been really fascinating to hear the ins and out of your push for gold! Are you thinking about taking a break now, or have you managed to escape burn out?
    The title feels kinda surreal to own. I'm really glad you've been interested in hearing about it honestly, I'm glad it's not just empty ramblings. I'm definitely gonna be taking a break from trying to push in any events, I'm out of pretty much every resource to help me rank high. I'm sure there will be one a few months from now I'll be interested in tiering in, and since I'm pretty set on playing this game daily, I'm sure I'll be way more prepared for when that comes. I'll still be playing casually, and since I've scraped out of the top 10k in previous events, there's a joke with the previously mentioned friends where I have to push hard to get into 10k. If I do any kind of push in the near future, it'll just be for that.

Years
  • About 200k of that came from the final push in the last 24 hours, that's how intense it got. I was really sure I wasn't gonna make it. 1st place finished with 10 million, but there was a massive gap between them and 2nd place who only had 3 million. Even just 1 million was enough to get into top 40, so everything got really crazy at that point. 89th finished with 695,871 so I was only about 1 or 2 songs away from taking them.
    I went to bed pretty much right after writing that and messaging my friends I went into the event about it (One of them was tiering alongside me, and he finished 49th). I didn't realize I'd be so tired once I finished, but it felt great to rest afterwards. Feeling great in the morning though.
    jesus, 10 million... whoever they are they're living their best life with that game. your friend seems to have faired far better though, did they spend money into it?

Setsuna

Years

Yeah, the difference is massive and I wasn't expecting it to be that big. I'm pretty sure he's spent way more than I have into the game in general, I just don't know how much of it went into the event. It likely wasn't a lot, I think he was just way more prepared than I was, but I'll have to ask him when I get the chance.

Years
  • how many of these events have there been already? and this makes me wonder as to what was the largest score ever achieved hehe

Setsuna

Years
  • There are currently 29 in the English server, and it's been a year so far:
    Welcome Party, Little Rabbit, Rêvé, Forest Fairy, Star Bright, Train, Miracle Voyage, Sweets Deco, Flower Symphony, Cryptid, Wolf, Magical Fever, Vegetable, Snow Crystal, Steam Maiden, Chinese Maid, Princess, Raindrops, Detective, Mononoke, Sports, Toy Shop, New World, Fall Kitchen, Moon Rabbit, Halloween, Runway, Sparkling Night Parade, and Christmas (which just ended).

There's also 5 extra in the Japanese server that just haven't happened on the English one yet:
    Devil, New Year's, Farm Days, Valentine's, Steampunk.

We usually just refer to the events by the themes of the cards rather than their full names just to say things faster. "Train Nico" is used way more than "Evening Star Steam Whistle Nico".

Since there are so many events and a lot more players on the Japanese server, it's really interesting to think about who's scored the highest overall, or how many people tier for every event. When I tiered I remembered seeing someone who runs a LL news account I follow on Twitter on the top 50, and it was really neat to see him there.

Setsuna

Years

I've heard Hades is pretty good, didn't it get a physical release announced/released recently? I know nothing about it, but my boyfriend enjoyed it a lot from what he was telling me.

Years
  • goodness i cannot imagine a game having more events than there are months in a year :o do the people who work on these games ever get breaks or anything?

Setsuna

Years

Besides adding in new songs and music videos for those songs (which happens about once a month) and adding in new mechanics of event types (which from the looks of it seems to happen twice or thrice a year) a whole lot of the core gameplay doesn't really change thankfully. I imagine with programming, their work goes more towards making sure everything continues to run smoothly, and bug fixes (a couple of which we got notices for this morning, apparently an item wasn't dropping from a song when it was supposed to) and ensuring compensation for people affected. It's a running joke that with any kind of gacha game, the devs will give players free gacha currency when they fix their bugs, so you'll often see people ask for currency over the silliest things.

At the heart of any idol game like this is the artists though, their work is constantly amazing and can't be thanked enough, I've seen the quality of art for multiple games go up over time and these new costumes and art and everything come out constantly on a consistent schedule, and it always looks amazing. Here's one of my favourite Setsuna cards as an example:

I believe work laws in Japan aren't the greatest and people can often end up being pushed to overwork, but these people are doing an amazing job on all these games, not just this one, and they deserve all the recognition and relaxation. I'm sure every person does get breaks, but you don't often hear about things from the staff, especially for things like that.

Years
  • gosh yeah. art like the ones you've posted look so stunning, yet i'm pretty desensitized to them at this point thanks to just how many i keep seeing like it. that means there's like thousands of those being created constantly, so i hope those artists are at least getting some well-deserved rest right now :c

Setsuna

Years
  • Roni reminding me this thread exists by tossing it into my FT.
    It's usually more notable whenever they try new things with the art or (unfortunately) when the art causes controversy with fans and lots of people are talking about it. I'm glad the art often gets the appreciation it deserves though.

Years
  • they all should get the appreciation. what kind of controversy could happen from just a bunch of cute girls tho?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back