• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Justice For Caylee" - The Casey Anthony Trial

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I don't exactly believe the whole innocent until proven guilty either. But it's the most fair way, right? I mean, if it was guilty until proven innocent, a lot of innocent people would be getting locked up for no real reason. Would it be better to lock up an innocent than to let a criminal go free? Maybe.

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
  • I absolutely despise as to what the local news has done to this little girl's murder. If 24/7 coverage like it's some sort of live soap opera wasn't enough, we have a forum for people to argue and beg to be placed on TV.

Yeah, she tends to lie about a lot of things. She said Caylee drowned, but there's duct tape around her mouth and nose...other evidence shows drowning is not the case. And she lied about how her nanny kidnapped Caylee, and there apparently wasn't a nanny. Just...yeah, this is exactly why I cannot feel any sympathy with this woman. She was out partying all the time anyway.

The defense is suggesting that Caylee drowned and that Casey was sexually abused by her former homicide detective father, that also disposed of Caylee when she drowned. Gee, I wonder why noone believes her...

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • It's also being heard a lot; every single day in the good 'o North in New York. It's really getting tiring of hearing about the subject, but I do not mean it in any form of disrespectful way. But I do hope that she doesn't get executed; I hope she gets life in jail so she can live through all of the years of what she has done and since she is young; she has a long and painful life a head of her with her thoughts killing every waking moment she has.

:t354:TG

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • This being an issue held right here in Florida, it's on the news so often I've just gotten sick of all the coverage it's getting. It's not just now I'm hearing about it either, but since mid to late 2008 when Caylee was announced "missing." Every local station here airs live coverage on the trail, which generally lasts for about three and a half hours on air in the morning. Then again in the evening and night, but there isn't a moment when you're not hearing about it.

There's little to no evidence that proved Casey Anthony was innocent. All of her actions, her lies even after Caylee was announced missing could have been and was used against her very easily. I felt no sympathy for this woman at all. To be honest, what upset me the most about this whole live coverage on the television - and I'm not going to lie - was the fact that it replaced the shows that I wanted to watch like Live with Regis & Kelly at that time.

What I found simply disturbing was the amount of people [literally] racing against one another each morning just to have a seat in the trial. :\

Honestly though, I just want this whole trial to be over, for Caylee to have the justice she deserves so she can rest in peace without her name being broadcast around the nation, and for the local stations to air their regularly scheduled shows again.

Checking out coverage on the trial now, the jury is currently deliberating the verdict, which can be announced at any moment now.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • The verdict was recently announced. Casey Anthony is found NOT GUILTY of first degree murder as mentioned on the previous page. She is, however, found guilty of four other minor charges, one of them being for providing false information to law enforcement. The most jail time Casey might receive up to four years; one for each charge, but I could be wrong about this part.

According to the jury, they mentioned that just because you hate her, there is no evidence that shows she did murder Caylee. Quite honestly, I can't believe they came to that decision given you can argue against that point.

To put it shortly though, I disagree with their verdict.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Casey Anthony, you in danger, girl.

I get the feeling someone will take the law into their own hands and murder her seeing as how the world seems to be outraged by the verdict.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • I made a Facebook update about the verdict, and I'm gonna say it here too: God doesn't need a verdict from a jury. If the jury's verdict was wrong, Casey will get what's coming to her when her time comes.

Years
  • I've been watching the verdict and I'm disgusted by it. Those jurors are morons and I bet they just didn't care about the case anymore! But you know what makes it even worse? The defense celebrating the not guilty verdict with champagne! They are celebrating this "verdict"!

My god, a little girl is killed and they are celebrating! I'm sorry, but they all need to be ****ing shot.

Years
  • She's caused so much pain to her family and more or less, the country and world. While I don't agree with the verdict, I hate how people blame this one case as an example for our "wretched" system.

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
    Years
  • What I hate is how big a deal everyone is making of it. If she was taken as guilty and they gave her the death sentence(dunno if it's still active) then people would complain about the state killing Casey Anthony. I don't get how the death of an infant is moving this nation so badly when we had kids have to be soldiers and kill people and be killed over in Africa. There's a LOT worse going on in the world for us to focus our attention on a possible murder of ONE child.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • No justice for that poor girl :,( It's a sad, sad day when a child murderer gets away scott-free...
    There is nothing they could do to bring justice to her, she is dead. Killing her mom or making her spend the rest of her life in prison wouldn't change that.

What I hate is how big a deal everyone is making of it. If she was taken as guilty and they gave her the death sentence(dunno if it's still active) then people would complain about the state killing Casey Anthony. I don't get how the death of an infant is moving this nation so badly when we had kids have to be soldiers and kill people and be killed over in Africa. There's a LOT worse going on in the world for us to focus our attention on a possible murder of ONE child.
    They would? So I guess they have no other options like life in prison without parole? Your preaching to the wrong crowd about how it is important, the media are the ones that make it a circus and over state it. Yes I agree the atrocities of Darfur the uprising in Libya and Syria right now are more important the media doesn't see it that way though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I personally am very upset over this horrible verdict. I'm not gonna repeat everything I've said over Twitter, but I really am angry with this verdict. Too lost for words at this point now.

And also, if all you're going to do is post in this thread and say we need to mourn for every other person passing, just don't say anything at all. This thread deals with this case in specific. Yeah, this case was blown out of proportion, but it doesn't mean every other life that has been lost, child or not, isn't just as important.

I agree with deoxys121, but at the same time, God is forgiving. Don't know if Casey is religious and would even look for forgiveness now, but as much as I want to say she's got a seat in Hell reserved, she has a life time to be forgiven. -sigh-

I'm done.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Personally I don't think there was enough evidence to call her guilty.

I'm not saying whether she was guilty or she wasn't, but I think the jury made the right choice. You can't sentence her to death without good evidence. Doesn't matter if you THINK she guilty or not. Show me the receipts.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Personally I don't think there was enough evidence to call her guilty.

I'm not saying whether she was guilty or she wasn't, but I think the jury made the right choice. You can't sentence her to death without good evidence. Doesn't matter if you THINK she guilty or not. Show me the receipts.
    Agreed. I haven't been following the case/media very closely but from what I know, the prosecution didn't have an airtight case and any good defence would've been able to pick apart that circumstantial evidence. I can't say I'm surprised at the verdict, nor am I overly outraged.

Though I really think she should have been hit with some sort of child neglect/abuse charge. Nevermind that she should have reported her child missing same-day, how do you go a month without telling anyone your child is missing (assuming that's all it was <_<) and get off scott-free for it?

Back