• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kage's Sprites with 100% less annoying(lets hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
    Years
    What? your going to stop spriting? If you put it that way then I'll miss you and your sprites
    May is a really decent revamp, more of a real GSC sprite
    but Kris is, again, too stiff :\ don't know why but I think her legs just isn't appropriate for the body

~please don't stop spriting, many of your viewers will miss you :(

kudos!

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    in the s/g may ow's, the last one on the right with her on the bike, it looks like you lost a pixel above the rear wheel...

as for the blue colored ow, the blue patch under her chin looks funny and gives her the appearance of a snout... maybe not color that part in?

Either way, they look great as always Kage!

Take care!

Keep Spriting!
    wait which ow, im confused? and i dont plan on using the blue one its just there for fun

your trainer devamps are excellent :) I love that May

your constructive crit is excellent :) i love those helpful words

I don't know Kage... it seems like good Constructive Criticism is a dying commodity... then again, we're just older now and expect more...

I'm glad that you opened another thread... i'm always pleased with your work. You do such a fine job with them. They are professional, true to Pokemon style, and innovative as ever!

Anyhow, with May's backsprite, her hair is blending too much into the bandana... you might want to try to distinguish the two better...

Also, May's fishing ow looks ALOT like Crystal... the hair is very similar... maybe add in the bandana ties? I REALLY HOPE THIS IS A JOKE!!!!

Keep Spriting!

ok so idk, in some cases im gonna miss this but honestly its not worth it anymore, and honestly its pathetic that constructive crit is dying out. its horrible that people dont care to take the time to actually try to help people out. i honestly doubt im anywhere near professional though, and im not even capturing the pokemon style to its greatest potential because i honestly dont care anymore. the fact is why should i care when other people dont...

What? your going to stop spriting? If you put it that way then I'll miss you and your sprites
    May is a really decent revamp, more of a real GSC sprite
    but Kris is, again, too stiff :\ don't know why but I think her legs just isn't appropriate for the body

~please don't stop spriting, many of your viewers will miss you :(

kudos!

idk what im gonna do with kris, with her pose im really trying to get the feel of her crystal sprite but its so akward. im not really sure.

OMG UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

ok so its been a while since i really was inspired to sprite for fun and god let me tell you it feels good to do it again. i will be showing you guys a sprite i finished just moments ago that im mega proud of and really happy with.

after watching an episode of ben 10 (the one when his ghost alien turns all evil and leaves the watch thingy and changes its form and blablabla looks like this
    Spoiler:
    ) i decided i wanted to make a pokemon like that. but hell im way to lazy to make a 100% new pokemon so i decided to edit a pokemon who reminded me of the ghost alien.
    at first i couldnt decide between the shuppet line or the dusckull line, then only realizing the cool things i could do by removing dusckulls mask. creating this...

ok so yea dusclops is based more highly on the alien from ben 10 but god i love these.
    the dusckull has dead pokemon blood dripping from its lips (which were sown shut bwahahaha) and a simple devious aura.
    dusclops on the other hand is almost like a new pokemon.
    i removed his hands, and head thingies to sub it out for a ghostly gas some tentacles emerging from the black whole where its eye used to be.

in my eyes the hands/head thingies are dusclops equivilent(sp) to dusckulls mask therefore i removed those.
    now heres my problem i only have a slight idea of what to do for dusknoir, any ideas?​

Atomic Reactor

Those look sick!
    Maybe for duskinor, make the tentacles coming out of his back?
    Idk, they look really good. I would maybe edit it so the legs look like they come from the middle of its bottom, instead of in front of it.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    lol i cant believe you were that motivated by a blurry image, hahaha.
    im actually thinking using the big tummy mouth on dusknoir as the fce but idk.

and im probably gonna keep these as is cause i dont want to stray to far from the actual sprite, i want to keep what i can similar, lol.

Atomic Reactor

Do that, and well yeah, itll look awesome, so i dont really have anything to say

Years
    you're trainer sprites look off the chain, so do your're devamps.

The ghostfreak versions of dusckull's line rock too, the only problem i see is the red seems a lil too bright, its a tad overwhelming

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    you're trainer sprites look off the chain, so do your're devamps.

The ghostfreak versions of dusckull's line rock too, the only problem i see is the red seems a lil too bright, its a tad overwhelming

LOL... i wish my sprites were "off the chain"... lmao...
    wait which ow, im confused? and i dont plan on using the blue one its just there for fun
    just the front facing blue may ow. It just looks funny is all...the blue line by her chin...

ok so idk, in some cases im gonna miss this but honestly its not worth it anymore, and honestly its pathetic that constructive crit is dying out. its horrible that people dont care to take the time to actually try to help people out. i honestly doubt im anywhere near professional though, and im not even capturing the pokemon style to its greatest potential because i honestly dont care anymore. the fact is why should i care when other people dont...
    yeah, i understand what you're saying... it seems like we're doing this for everyone elses pleasure, not our own... it's almost "a labor" to have to sprite sometimes...especially since only a small percent of members give good crit. We have hit a glass ceiling. There's much we can do...

OMG UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

ok so its been a while since i really was inspired to sprite for fun and god let me tell you it feels good to do it again. i will be showing you guys a sprite i finished just moments ago that im mega proud of and really happy with.​

after watching an episode of ben 10 (the one when his ghost alien turns all evil and leaves the watch thingy and changes its form and blablabla looks like this
    Spoiler:
    ) i decided i wanted to make a pokemon like that. but hell im way to lazy to make a 100% new pokemon so i decided to edit a pokemon who reminded me of the ghost alien.
    at first i couldnt decide between the shuppet line or the dusckull line, then only realizing the cool things i could do by removing dusckulls mask. creating this...

ok so yea dusclops is based more highly on the alien from ben 10 but god i love these.
    the dusckull has dead pokemon blood dripping from its lips (which were sown shut bwahahaha) and a simple devious aura.
    dusclops on the other hand is almost like a new pokemon.
    i removed his hands, and head thingies to sub it out for a ghostly gas some tentacles emerging from the black whole where its eye used to be.​

in my eyes the hands/head thingies are dusclops equivilent(sp) to dusckulls mask therefore i removed those.

now heres my problem i only have a slight idea of what to do for dusknoir, any ideas?​
    Maybe dusknoirwould look more like the pic, if that's what you aiming for, if you put the tentacles down in the stomach are, and maybe scratch a mouth up at the top?

I also agree, the red is a bit overpowering... maybe darken it to a crimson?

Well, either way, they look great. I also don't know what you're talking about... the may g/s sprites look great! I think that they could've been used in the original games even ^_^

Take care!

Keep Spriting! (I mean it!)

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    ok so thanks gpr for the mega comment, your the best and i love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lol

on a more serious note.
    i have a good design i came up with at school so ill probably start that....evertually...or somthing idk

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Glad you aren't quitting. Those both look really bloodthirsty :) The shading is well done, and I can't give any crit on the shading. The evolved form looks really cool, but the legs give it a really odd anatomy, kind of like Ghost Freaks face, they look backward? It's kind of school though in a messed up way... The evolved forms eye has really, really good shading, and the red light makes a really good 'frame'.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    so this is what the amazingly awesome and humble kagex pulled out of his ass (can i say ass?)!!!!

i love my new dusknoir pokemon i might just call it a fakemon idk if i can even consider it a dusknoir anymore, idk whatever!!!!!
    i gave it a scythe and everything, the grim reaper pokemon. also showing the reaper cloth item has an actual purpose bwahahaha

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    so this is what the amazingly awesome and humble kagex pulled out of his ass (can i say ass?)!!!!

i love my new dusknoir pokemon i might just call it a fakemon idk if i can even consider it a dusknoir anymore, idk whatever!!!!!
    i gave it a scythe and everything, the grim reaper pokemon. also showing the reaper cloth item has an actual purpose bwahahaha

The new Dusknoir is pretty fricking awesome! I LIKE YOUR SPRITES! YOU ARE GOOD! CAN YOU MAKE ME A (LOOK IN SPOILER)...

Spoiler:

Great Job!

Keep Spriting!

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Is that Scythers arm on the scythe? The lines on the belly look to uniform, they're all evenly spaced, I don't know why, but that bugs, me, it's not really a big deal. Otherwise it's awesome, and I can't say anything more than GPR has already said...

Edit: How cool would iot be if you used Marowaks bone for the pole part of the scythe? Huh? HUH?

Oh, and yes, you can apparently say ass.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    The new Dusknoir is pretty fricking awesome! I LIKE YOUR SPRITES! YOU ARE GOOD! CAN YOU MAKE ME A (LOOK IN SPOILER)...

Spoiler:

Great Job!

Keep Spriting!

lopl well i only kept the color because that was dusknoirs main color. i might be changing that though. (ill talk about that more on the bottom)

Is that Scythers arm on the scythe? The lines on the belly look to uniform, they're all evenly spaced, I don't know why, but that bugs, me, it's not really a big deal. Otherwise it's awesome, and I can't say anything more than GPR has already said...

Edit: How cool would iot be if you used Marowaks bone for the pole part of the scythe? Huh? HUH?

Oh, and yes, you can apparently say ass.

yea i did use scythers scythe arm thingy. i wanted them to be uniform, and when i tried making them ununiform (thats probably not a word) they looked to strange.
    i like the idea for using a one, i might change that, i might not. it all depends.

OK Update On Duskull Maskless Line

I realized that there was a major flaw in my sprite that noone realized. I stated that the Reapers Cloak was what the new Dusknoir was wearing but the problem was the Reapers Cloak is purple, not black. So I will be showcasing 3 different color schemes. The original one, and two different purples. There will be a poll but feel free to give me feed back. So without further adieu, the sprite.

Tell me what you think, I'm really curious.
    ALSO
    Spoiler:

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    The bottom left, it has more contrast in color. The left ones pallete is very similar. actually, it would help if you made both of their dark shades darker...

OW's? Hjhgfkdfhkdgh!!! :)

Don't really understand he uniform thing... The on on the bottom left looks better in my opinion, but the darker shade should still be a bit darker.

OWs? Hghjklhsdfghghl!!! :O

Last edited:

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    yea so i think im not gonna make a poll and just make it the bottom left cause i really like that one cause its purple and dark. so yea. im going with that. now heres the ows =D

i must say im very proud with how these came out, first time editing hg/ss ows =D

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Holy crap, these are amazing! All I can say is that the aura on the one to the far left looks weird since it only covers 1 side of it's body.

Atomic Reactor

I love how excited you are about these bro, that really makes spriting more fun doesn't it? They look good. In my honest opinion, the last evolution doesn't really flow right with the other 2, like i dont think that's what the last evo should be. But it still does look amazing.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2012
    Your spriting skills are so enviable, keep up the good work!
    The only thing that irks me is that in the Piblu line, the final evolution's near-front paw is bent at a really awkward angle. I think if you had it at a more gradual angle, it would look more realistic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back