• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kage's Sprites with 100% less annoying(lets hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    *poof*

*poof*

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
    Years
    oohh! pweety GSC spwites!

It's easy to see that the backsprite has some wonderful dithering and the trainer... well, it's good, I guess :P

but still, the trainers look stiff :\ maybe adding a "little" bend between those legs (the HG one, it's Crystal/Marina/Kris right?)

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT

You have a sprite thread again?!
    You have made my day, sir.

Anyway, about your latest sprites,

I think they are pretty good, but when you need an alternate boy backsprite, I would recommend customizeing it, instead of just using Dude's backsprite.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    i actually have a planned backsprite for the guy that teaches you how to catch pokemon guy.

so dont worry bout that :D

Years
    Nice work on your fakes Kag I really like them
    I got two questions.
    What is that diglett looking charmander guy suppose to be on your dex spread. (2nd row, 3rd to right)
    And will those be used in obsidian?

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    thats diglett as what i believe it would look like if we grabbed that sucker and ripped him out of the ground!

and idk about obsidian, if justin wants to use them i dont see why not.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years

Hello, and welcome to the wonderful world of The Noken Islands. In Pokemon Teal and Violet Versions you can discover the mysterys and wonders of the deep blue that surrounds the Pokemon world.

You start off as a young boy/girl from Shoreville located on the southmost island. Here you go visit your local Marine Pokeologist, Professor Reef. She gives you your Poliwag and tells you some important information about how it reacts to the sun and water. You visit your mother one last time and she gives you your very own PokeLabe to help you navigate through the waters of Noken. Luckily for you the PokeLabe doubles as a phone so you can keep in touch with important people you meet along your journey.

You then head north to Route 201 where you encounter your rival...​

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010

Hello, and welcome to the wonderful world of The Noken Islands. In Pokemon Teal and Violet Versions you can discover the mysterys and wonders of the deep blue that surrounds the Pokemon world.

You start off as a young boy/girl from Shoreville located on the southmost island. Here you go visit your local Marine Pokeologist, Professor Reef. She gives you your Poliwag and tells you some important information about how it reacts to the sun and water. You visit your mother one last time and she gives you your very own PokeLabe to help you navigate through the waters of Noken. Luckily for you the PokeLabe doubles as a phone so you can keep in touch with important people you meet along your journey.

You then head north to Route 201 where you encounter your rival...

It's nice but,For the Male Character with the fishing rod the line that's curved doesn't seem to fit into the picture.Perhaps a regular straight line?Otherwise nice.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    i did try a straight line but it made look tiny and startge so i added the curves, i may have overdone it but meh. what can ya do?

so i have somthing i dont like doing. i had to make a tile. usually i just like using tiles from other gameboy color games like the denjuu games and legend of zelda but i needed a palm tree and couldnt find one that i liked, so i had to make one D:

now i absolutely suck at tiles so id very much like, no i demand crit or i wont post another sprite until i get some. so heres the terrible tile.

D:

EDIT: also i did some fanart for someone else on deviantart, heres chief.

"Hail to the chief baby!"
    for the record the kabutops head thing is all scratch, it was a total pain in the @$$. haha when i type like that i feel like ke$ha!

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    i did try a straight line but it made look tiny and startge so i added the curves, i may have overdone it but meh. what can ya do?

so i have somthing i dont like doing. i had to make a tile. usually i just like using tiles from other gameboy color games like the denjuu games and legend of zelda but i needed a palm tree and couldnt find one that i liked, so i had to make one D:

now i absolutely suck at tiles so id very much like, no i demand crit or i wont post another sprite until i get some. so heres the terrible tile.

D:

EDIT: also i did some fanart for someone else on deviantart, heres chief.

"Hail to the chief baby!"
    for the record the kabutops head thing is all scratch, it was a total pain in the @$$. haha when i type like that i feel like ke$ha!

The tiles are neat, it seems fitting enough for GSC.
    A bit too... green, though. Unless if it's in a forest or something.

Nice Kabutops head!
    The feet seem a bit too unfitting with the sprite itself, but otherwise, fantastic work as always, mah good sir.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    Here waves wipe slates clean...

[Player's thoughts] This morning i woke up and i knew, today was the day. I ran down stairs to say goodbye to my mom and she was already in the kitchen making me breakfast with a bag packed. She handed me a box and said "It's from your father." I opened it curious to see what that man would get for me. To my Surprise it was the newest model of the PokéLabe. I couldn't believe it, why would he get this for me; I guess I could ask him when i got to the ranch.

I exited my house kissing my mother goodbye, this might be the last time i saw her for a while. I gave her a big hug and left for the lab. The second I walked in Professor Reef gave me a huge hug. I guess having your best friends sister as the local professor isn't always a bad thing. She brought me to the back of the lab to give me a special Pokémon that she had decided to give me ever since I was really little and she used to babysit me. She handed me a special Pokéball with a Poliwag in it. She then told me…

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I give you the new and slightly improved Shoreville, and as the title says it is here that all slates are wiped clean by the waves. There are only a few new tiles. The trees are custom sprites by me and the water and waters edge tiles are from The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages where the grass tile is from the Pokemon Diamond and Jade bootleg games.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    IM BRINGING SPRITING BACK, YEAH!

Hello my fellow spriters, it is I the great and powerful Oz!
    lol jk it's KageX, or now BurstX!

So yes I am back, how for how long you ask. Well i have no idea, but after looking at the pathetic pixel art thread I have decided that i will be working my butt off to bring it back to the glory it once had, and if that means that i have to come back. Then so be it.

Now don't get me wrong there are a lot of really good spriters here from the one page (ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME ONE FREAKING PAGE!!!!) of art. So to those of you that do not infact suck, i commend you for attempting to keep the spriting flame alive.

So now for what actually matters, the sprites. To start I have...

Some trainer sprite remakes from the Pokemon Odd comic. If anyone has been here as long as i have you may know the comic, well these are the sprites of the main cast's revamped designs.

Next we have my old OW's walking animation

Then a bug type gymleader i did for a fangame.

Then some fanart for some of my friends on a comic website where i host my comic.

Then we have the revamped cast of my comic.

And finally to finish off this crazy update a sprite of myself :D

Kininja

Where is Wally?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011
    Wow these sprites are so awesome
    DO you like have a OW base you use ?

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    They all look good ol' buddy. Nice animation of your sprite too. Their is some weird shading on the sprite of the blonde girl's head's hair, dont just do a strip of shine, its unrealistic. :)

PS. Im back :P

Years
    Hey bro,
    Your spriting skills have without a doubt enhanced. I love seeing multi-cultural sprites adapted into sprites.
    The girl to the far right in purple seems to be a little disfigured though. I think it might have something to do with the eyes.
    Everything is looking great thought. Glad to see your still goin with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back