• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last movie you watched? Edition II

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Just saw Hateful Eight yesterday. Very good if you like Tarantino, highly recommend.

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
The One I Love. If Mark Duplass is in or behind a movie, you can guarantee that I'll watch it. The movie had a really unique plot, and for having 3 actors in the whole movie, it still managed to hold my interest. I would definitely recommend it, the film isn't that long at all.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
Dude Where's My Car?
Really out of nowhere because I was bored as hell, but it was slightly entertaining nonetheless.

blue

gucci
Years
Well I had to look it up because I forgot the title of the movie, but last one I watched was Pernicious. It's one of those low budget Netflix horror movies, certainly not the best I've seen but it did give me a few scares.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Been really feeling Johnny Depp lately and nothing epitomizes his humor better than this great saga of movies.

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
I had a random choice movie marathon yesterday, where I basically close my eyes and pick at random from my DVD collection, and watched the following:

Jurassic Park
The Truman Show
The Lion King
Hot Fuzz
The Shawshank Redemption
Shutter Island

In that order.

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
I had a random choice movie marathon yesterday, where I basically close my eyes and pick at random from my DVD collection, and watched the following:

Jurassic Park
The Truman Show
The Lion King
Hot Fuzz
The Shawshank Redemption
Shutter Island

In that order.

And what a very good selection that is! I haven't seen the Truman Show or Shutter Island in a long time.

I saw 45 Years. It was a really slow movie about a couple celebrating their 45th wedding anniversary. I liked that it was slow though, it felt right. You got to watch their relationship fall apart subtly as they grieved on their own. I also liked how they ended the film too (I won't say how). I could see a lot of people not liking it for all these reasons though. I just like how they realistically dealt with grief.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
The last movie I actually sat down and watched in its entirety was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone last weekend - I was on a bit of a nostalgia trip. As far as movies in the theaters, my boyfriend and I had free tickets to AMC theaters so we went to go see The Good Dinosaur since there wasn't much else out and we've already seen Star Wars. It was kind of... interesting. Not my favorite Pixar movie by any means (I'd even say it's my least favorite) but there were a few moments in it that were pretty memorable in a good way.

Years
I just watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I have to say that Gene Wilder does a fantastic job in that movie. It's aged really well barring some of the dated special effects. However, those flaws are easily overlooked because the movie is just so good!

Years
I felt like the Good Dinosaur fell flat. Honestly I felt the same way about Inside Out too. I think they are both good movies, just maybe that my expectations were a bit too high. Good Dinosaur had a lot of the same themes that the Croods had and the Croods came out a couple years ago.

Years
I almost picked up the Truman Show on Blu-Ray today! I was thinking about it but ultimately Willy Wonka beat it. However, I'm going to be watching Truman Show soon. Jim Carrey does such a good job in that movie.

blue

gucci
Years
I watched Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones a few nights ago, safe to say I couldn't sleep that night. I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed it because lately the Paranormal Activity movies have felt a little stale and predictable, but that one is now probably my favourite in the series.

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
Years
I watched Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones a few nights ago, safe to say I couldn't sleep that night. I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed it because lately the Paranormal Activity movies have felt a little stale and predictable, but that one is now probably my favourite in the series.

Ergh I remember having a Paranormal Activity Marathon with my friends, during the second one the oven door in her kitchen randomly fell open and turned on, scaring everyone. I feel it isn't a film to get scared about as you're watching it but afterwards when you're trying to sleep alone you think about it loads.

I watched Legend yesterday, a film about the Kray twins, probably London's most famous gangsters. I quite enjoyed it, but feel there was much "action" as it were

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
And what a very good selection that is! I haven't seen the Truman Show or Shutter Island in a long time.

I saw 45 Years. It was a really slow movie about a couple celebrating their 45th wedding anniversary. I liked that it was slow though, it felt right. You got to watch their relationship fall apart subtly as they grieved on their own. I also liked how they ended the film too (I won't say how). I could see a lot of people not liking it for all these reasons though. I just like how they realistically dealt with grief.

To be honest, I forgot I owned Shutter Island on DVD until I picked it out at random because I've sorted them all into alphabetical order and for some reason it had found it's way in amongst the W's. I'll be having words with myself about that.

I'm a fan of Jim Carrey's work, but The Truman Show is definitely my favourite thing he's done. The whole concept of the film is quite eerie.

Back