• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Just under two months for us Europeans.

Something I do hope is that some of the new Pokemon are held off until the games release. I love the aspect of uncovering brand new Pokemon in game rather than knowing the full lineup beforehand. It seems like they have revealed a lot up to this stage, and as great as that is, it would also be nice to have a few surprises when actually playing.

You could just purchase it on the E-shop the same day it gets released for the rest of the world

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
You know guys this feels kind of a lot like that dry period at the end of August before we got September news. It's kinda interesting to think about how slowly the days go by when nothing is revealed in the meantime LOL

or maybe that's just me?

It is, but the leaks also have slowed down. Which is surprisingly. I'm sure things will pick up pace as we get closer to release.

I'm sure the "Oh I have an early copy of the game but don't want Nintendo to take it away like XY" leaks will come in.

Years
I remember when Binacle was leaked and 100% thought it was fake. It's still not a design I love, but at least Barbaracle turned out to be pretty whimsically badass.

I sort of was sad to find out that the little fish pokemon were all fake. Moreover I was sad to find out that the braixen evolution was fake. I mean, that witch design would be amazing! (Hopefully someday she gets a mega witch design, even though she is supposed to be an oracle.)

I was glad the weird caped figure was fake, and thought it looked pretty fake. The little water-type on the left-middle looked obviously fake because of the flat pose.

Honestly, I though Greninja was real and instantly loved the design. Again, too bad Delphox didn't look like the bottom right design :(

As with XY, I expect that the games will be released in Austrailia, Japan, and Korea first. Since they are the first timezone to reach the 18th of Nov. At least the fakes help give some mystery if I cannot resist the temptation to get spoiled. (I'm sure someone out there is making fakes just for this occasion.)

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Oh, I forgot those leaks were a thing. Can't wait to see those pop up!

And the inevitable possibility of "screenshots" from the games that are photoshopped.
I love the fake photoshops. It's fun to see what people will come up with. Those will be nice to see as there's been a lack of them so far.
I remember when Binacle was leaked and 100% thought it was fake. It's still not a design I love, but at least Barbaracle turned out to be pretty whimsically badass.

I sort of was sad to find out that the little fish pokemon were all fake. Moreover I was sad to find out that the braixen evolution was fake. I mean, that witch design would be amazing! (Hopefully someday she gets a mega witch design, even though she is supposed to be an oracle.)

I was glad the weird caped figure was fake, and thought it looked pretty fake. The little water-type on the left-middle looked obviously fake because of the flat pose.

Honestly, I though Greninja was real and instantly loved the design. Again, too bad Delphox didn't look like the bottom right design :(

As with XY, I expect that the games will be released in Austrailia, Japan, and Korea first. Since they are the first timezone to reach the 18th of Nov. At least the fakes help give some mystery if I cannot resist the temptation to get spoiled. (I'm sure someone out there is making fakes just for this occasion.)

hqdefault.jpg

I actually really liked the angel thing, fish, and cyclops eyeball. Touch them up a bit and they could have been pretty cool. That braixen is one I haven't seen before, but it's pretty nice.

Years
It is, but the leaks also have slowed down. Which is surprisingly. I'm sure things will pick up pace as we get closer to release.

I'm sure the "Oh I have an early copy of the game but don't want Nintendo to take it away like XY" leaks will come in.

I feel we'll definitely get someone getting a copy early and leaking stuff on Instagram, since that was a common site of choice when leakers broke the street date and shared their experiences on the site.

Reactions: Z25
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Just under two months for us Europeans.

Something I do hope is that some of the new Pokemon are held off until the games release. I love the aspect of uncovering brand new Pokemon in game rather than knowing the full lineup beforehand. It seems like they have revealed a lot up to this stage, and as great as that is, it would also be nice to have a few surprises when actually playing.

Personally I enjoy the few days before release when people are starting to get their hands on the game and they start posting in-game pictures of the unrevealed Pokemon.

I remember during the period where people were first getting their hands on X & Y I was just refreshing a NeoGaf thread over and over because they were regularly posting new pictures of the new Pokemon. It was exciting since there was still mystery over how many Pokemon we'd get or what Pokemon would pop up. (I remember Klefki showing up and everybody freaking out over it :P)

It's why I'm really hoping the demo doesn't have the full game in it because then we'll have the amount of new Pokemon spoiled for us (and their names)....there won't be the same excitement and mystery I think if we're just ticking off a Pokemon checklist when the games come out. :(

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Personally I enjoy the few days before release when people are starting to get their hands on the game and they start posting in-game pictures of the unrevealed Pokemon.
Yeah I really like that period as well, everything is so feverishly exciting haha. But I definitely agree with Blue, I hope there are lots of unrevealed Pokémon by the time the game comes out so things are more exciting :D

It's why I'm really hoping the demo doesn't have the full game in it because then we'll have the amount of new Pokemon spoiled for us (and their names)....there won't be the same excitement and mystery I think if we're just ticking off a Pokemon checklist when the games come out. :(
Normally the demos are quite restricted in what they show, so it should be fine (hopefully)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I will probably get the game a day before the release by mail which happen every time from Amazon when it's not a release on Monday.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hey guys, before I say what I am going to, I know that we have seen Eevee's Dex Entry. I know that. And I think this rumor is just wishful thanking for some, but I found it interesting even though I don't necessarily believe in it. But it is fun to bring stuff up like this.

I read a new article to day about Eevee having a new evolution hinted. Almost immediately I was like, yeah ok this should be fun to read, however, I found it interesting.

During Eevee's Z-Move, little bubbles for around the edge of the name. Indicating each Eevee Evolution. We have Red, Blue, Yellow, Ice Blue, Green, Purple, Blackish, and Pink. However, there was a 9th bubble. Grey. The article didn't seem to remember that Normal is also a greyish color. That is why I don't really believe it is a hint to another Eeveelution. But it was interesting to point out.

However, it does bring up the question that I have been asking a while. And although I doubt they will do it again, do you guys believe that there will be a group of baby pokemon or evolutions that we will not learn about until after the main storyline and we unlock the National Dex, similar to how we had no idea about a large amount of Sinnoh Pokemon until after the main storyline.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Hey guys, before I say what I am going to, I know that we have seen Eevee's Dex Entry. I know that. And I think this rumor is just wishful thanking for some, but I found it interesting even though I don't necessarily believe in it. But it is fun to bring stuff up like this.

I read a new article to day about Eevee having a new evolution hinted. Almost immediately I was like, yeah ok this should be fun to read, however, I found it interesting.

During Eevee's Z-Move, little bubbles for around the edge of the name. Indicating each Eevee Evolution. We have Red, Blue, Yellow, Ice Blue, Green, Purple, Blackish, and Pink. However, there was a 9th bubble. Grey. The article didn't seem to remember that Normal is also a greyish color. That is why I don't really believe it is a hint to another Eeveelution. But it was interesting to point out.

However, it does bring up the question that I have been asking a while. And although I doubt they will do it again, do you guys believe that there will be a group of baby pokemon or evolutions that we will not learn about until after the main storyline and we unlock the National Dex, similar to how we had no idea about a large amount of Sinnoh Pokemon until after the main storyline.

I don't know.. I'd like a large dex giving us some past evolutions, but I don't think it will happen. Love to be wrong though. It be cool to have a lot to look forward to finding after beating the game.

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
Eevee evolution isn't happening. The Z-move only showed it's existing evolutions, and way back when the Eevee dex entry only showed evolutionary spots for it's current evolutions.

Unless they edited out the extra space for the image to keep it hidden, or there's like an "upgraded" pokedex that doesn't show further evolutions until you unlock it, it's not going to happen.

There's also no need for another Eeveelution IMO. They've basically died off now and the only reason it got one in Gen 6 was to promote fairy type. There's no new type this gen so I doubt it's going to happen.

I also don't think it's going to happen since we've got no cross-gen evolutions revealed so far. If they were going to do them, they would've showed at least one off by now.

Years
I honestly thought baby Pokemon were forgotten about entirely by Game Freak. Either that, or they don't seem to have the interest to go down the route of creating baby Pokemon for another reason.

I sometimes seem to forget bay Pokemon as well, but I think like you said, they may not have the interest to further invest in them.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd really like some cross-gen evolutions at this stage. We've had another three generations since the first batch were released and I am think of a handful of Pokemon that could benefit from one or two.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I really do not want the Chinese Leak of Litten evolution to be true.
Because it look way too Uncool and the idea of Flaming Belt is not that exciting.
All Fully evolve Fire Starter has flame as a part of their design .
Charizard has Flaming tail
Typhlosion has igniting back
Blaziken has igniting arm
Infernape has flaming head
Emboar has Flaming bear
Delphox has flaming broom
So Litten evolution should have Flaming mane or fur! That much better then Flaming belt.
Litten description even talks about his fur being flammable So it make sense for him to flaming mane or fur.
Imagine Litten with body like Zoroark or Meicrakmon.
Now imagine It having a "Flaming ruff" on its upper body , pointed at the shoulders from which its arms extend.

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
I'd really like some cross-gen evolutions at this stage. We've had another three generations since the first batch were released and I am think of a handful of Pokemon that could benefit from one or two.

Any specific Pokemon that you think need them?
I honestly think most of the previous gens are complete, evolution wise, none of them really look at all that incomplete (except maybe Basculin).

I just want to see cross gen evos because I think they're cool, but I doubt we'll get any again since they seem to be working on making Pokemon more "complete" in their debut generations, which is unfortunate IMO.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I think with Alolan forms present in this game, they won't give us cross-gen (pre-)evolutions. They're showcasing Alolan forms a lot and I think any Pokémon that could benefit from another evolution could just be given an Alolan form to add to the hype around that (though then again, it's possible that only Kanto Pokémon will get Alolan forms).

blue

gucci
Years
Any specific Pokemon that you think need them?
I honestly think most of the previous gens are complete, evolution wise, none of them really look at all that incomplete (except maybe Basculin).

Maractus, Chatot, Pachirisu, Dunsparce, Corsola, Luvdisc, Carbink and an evolution for Male Combee. They're just my personal requests but I definitely feel like it would be good to have another batch of cross-gen evos. We probably won't get any for this gen, but we've had over 300 new Pokemon since the last lot, some of which could do with an upgrade imo.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
Years
Maractus, Chatot, Pachirisu, Dunsparce, Corsola, Luvdisc, Carbink and an evolution for Male Combee. They're just my personal requests but I definitely feel like it would be good to have another batch of cross-gen evos. We probably won't get any for this gen, but we've had over 300 new Pokemon since the last lot, some of which could do with an upgrade imo.

Eh, Carbink is fine for me though. If anything Diancie is related to Carbink in a way, and Carbink BST is 500, in which only pre-evo for Carbink makes sense, but I can't think of any ideas to shrink Carbink anymore

Some other thoughts: Kangaskhan (nuff said), Sigilyph, Jynx, Delcatty (or give it a mega for that 380 BST bullshit :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back