• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
But the difference with that is we were promised news beforehand. If tomorrow's supposed news is supposed to be a surprise, now it's been spoiled and they may just forget it entirely.

Possibly, but it's unlikely a company would work like as there's no reason to skip it. It's a bad business idea.

Plus this leak isn't widespread, and they probably don't monitor the internet to much, so with a hours till it's to be shown, I don't see it being taken down or forgotten about.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
Can the Ash-Greninja rumours like, go away please. >.>
Yeah, I agree. It feels like every other fake leak mentions its presence in the games because it's such an easy thing to put in because it's more than likely gonna be in anyways, so the fake leakers always put it in.

... In fact, when was the last fake leak that didn't mention Ash-Greninja in some way?

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
I'm fairly confident that if Ash-Greninja doesn't get announced next week, it won't be. Period.

It's just so annoying to hear about from every damn leaker.
I wouldn't go as far to say that if it's not revealed next week it won't be in at all. I mean, we just heard about versions exclusives a week ago. For some reason GF is taking their sweet precious time revealing certain things this time around.

... And not to mention, it could just be a thing you get post-game.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
I mean, not revealed in the TPCi trailer beforehand. I'm more than confident it'll find its way into S/M somehow, whether through a giveaway or through some sort of post-game event. Though you'd think something as special as Ash-Greninja would've gotten announced at Worlds, right? It would've been the perfect time to announce it; waiting until October seems like really odd timing.
You could argue that back in XY something as big as Kanto starter Megas should've been revealed at Worlds, but they waited for September for that.

As I said, GF's reveal dates are kind of weird.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I think he means the one of the people is a singer (which if the leaked Popplio final evolution is true...), and the other is a wrestler (which if the leaked Litten final evolution is true...).

Years
Not sure if anyone has yet to speculate on this, but do you think some pokemon that do not have Alolan formes could still get midday and midnight forms?

One group of pokemon this would work well for are pokemon who evolve during the day (Roselia/Roserade, Tyrantrum, Chansey/Blissey, Lucario) and those who evolve at night (Aurorus, Chimecho, Gliscor, Weavile). Essentially they could have split forms easily implemented depending upon the version or simple a day/night system like espeon/umbreon.

Similarly, moon stone evolution pokemon like Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Delcatty, Musharna could be evolved using a sun stone to acquire a midday form. As well as sun stone evolution pokemon attaining a midnight form using a moon stone. The same goes for Dawn/Dusk stone evolution pokemon.

I mean, if Solgaleo and Lunaala are so powerful they cause rockruff to split into forms, there is a huge chance other pokemon who have an affinity for the day/sun or night/moon will be influenced based upon the version they select, right?

(Also, after defeating the Mascot, won't balance be restored? I wonder if rockruff has access to both forms after the main story is finished since Lunaala and Solgaleo will be balanced? Will it merely have a espeon/umbreon like evolutionary method at that point? )

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
So, we did end up getting some news today, that A-Exxeggcutor learns a new move called "Dragon Hammer".

Was this what the riddler was hinting at?

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
So, we did end up getting some news today, that A-Exxeggcutor learns a new move called "Dragon Hammer".

Was this what the riddler was hinting at?

Either that or the z crystal names from the toy.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Doesn't that seem too safe, though? Just one move name doesn't really constitute as an "announcement" unless that move is, like, Dragon Ascent, which is important as a mechanic as well as an attack.

I didn't even know that the "announcement" even happened because I hadn't seen anyone cover it. How was this even made known, through the interview? Because as others have said, it's kind of an easy guess to say that some minor new info will slip during such an interview.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 16, 2017
I think that Dragon Hammer coukd be the Dragon type version of Hammer Arm in which the base attack would be 100. Then, it would lower speed.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Doesn't that seem too safe, though? Just one move name doesn't really constitute as an "announcement" unless that move is, like, Dragon Ascent, which is important as a mechanic as well as an attack.

I didn't even know that the "announcement" even happened because I hadn't seen anyone cover it. How was this even made known, through the interview? Because as others have said, it's kind of an easy guess to say that some minor new info will slip during such an interview.

True, but it didn't say it be big. And so far, the Riddler has a perfect streak. Nothing wrong, so I doubt it's coincidental. Plus we know he somehow has access to reveal trailer.

His riddles about the professors came just a few days before the random trailer drop that gave us the details on Samson Oak and showed Burnet.

Plus his pokemon riddles are very accurate. So I'd say it counts, but it's also up to people's personal opinions, on whether on not you count this.

Years
Just going to say that a riddler gimmick for doing leaks is probably the safest way (in terms of retaining any credibility).

Post something vague-ish that has many different possibly interpretations. Upon the next announcement the chances are someone will have connected the vague hints to get an answer that fits what was revealed.

Rinse and repeat.

blue

gucci
Years
He has had some credible leaks with the likes of Mimikyu, Sandygast and others. I guess it's easy to make the assumption that some details will slip through when the directors are attending any sort of interview relating to the games.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Just going to say that a riddler gimmick for doing leaks is probably the safest way (in terms of retaining any credibility).

Post something vague-ish that has many different possibly interpretations. Upon the next announcement the chances are someone will have connected the vague hints to get an answer that fits what was revealed.

Rinse and repeat.
Absolutely. He showed that picture of Anabel and while everyone wanted to believe it meant some sort of Battle Frontier revival, people also associated it with Snorlax's exclusive Z-Move because she did at some point use a Snorlax. It was vague enough to work because, as you said, it has many different interpretations.

I'm half-tempted to believe he didn't get the memo that we know about the Rotom-Dex already, and that his Colress avatar is to make us think Colress is returning when in reality it just points to the Rotom-Dex's existence (since he uses a Rotom-Wash in his post-game team).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back