• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • This reminds me, we haven't gotten any notable info on Rotom Pokedex since its reveal. I feel we won't get to know the full extent of it until after release.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    This reminds me, we haven't gotten any notable info on Rotom Pokedex since its reveal. I feel we won't get to know the full extent of it until after release.
    We actually do have two small bits of info, being that it's used for Pokémon Finder and that we can talk to Sina/Dexio through it.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    That would be such a bummer. :<
    You're telling me--he's in my top three favorite characters in the entire main series. But with everything we've seen so far pointing to SM essentially being "gen 1 in Hawaii," I can't imagine why they'd just throw in some gen 5 character. Because he's blonde and a scientist? Might as well have made it Bianca--it would have been a cool way to have her upgrade from "professor's assistant" to "scientist," and at the very least she's got the eye color to match Lusamine and her "family."

Why are people even hoping Colress is in the game, anyways? He never struck me as a particularly popular character--at least, not in comparison to the other two leaders of Team Plasma. And the anime completely missed the point of his character, which likely didn't do him any favors... It's a shame, but it goes to show just how strong all the characters of gen 5 were.

It might be for the best if Colress isn't in the game anyways. I'd hate for him to turn out as just a cameo character along the lines of Looker in ORAS; it would be complete disrespect to his character.

Years
  • Why are people even hoping Colress is in the game, anyways? He never struck me as a particularly popular character--at least, not in comparison to the other two leaders of Team Plasma. And the anime completely missed the point of his character, which likely didn't do him any favors... It's a shame, but it goes to show just how strong all the characters of gen 5 were.

It might be for the best if Colress isn't in the game anyways. I'd hate for him to turn out as just a cameo character along the lines of Looker in ORAS; it would be complete disrespect to his character.

The reason people want Colress to appear is because of him having blonde hair, like Gladion, Lusamine and Lillie. The theorists think he may have a connection to the Aether Foundation, but like you said, I love Colress and I don't want disrespect towards him as a character. Looker was already ruined in OR/AS, so don't ruin another good character.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I agree with Rivvon. If Colress is ever going to be in the game, I'd rather him play a sizeable part in the plot rather than a simple cameo... but both scenarios are unlikely, so it is probably for the better.

That being said though, I am curious as to what characters from past generations are going to make an appearance in Alola. It's hard to tell, mostly because Alola seems like such a isolated place unless past Champions or Gym Leaders go there on vacation or something.

Maybe we'll see Alolan forms of past characters, like the new Professor Oak. But maybe, like Alolan forms, they'll all be of gen 1 characters...

I want to believe past Gym Leaders and Champions visit for vacation, because that makes a lot of sense for the location. But that sounds like something that would lead to a PWT-esque area, and I don't want to get my hopes up for that.

Years
  • I think older characters visiting Alola for a vacation would be fun, but with the aforementioned Looker situation I feel it shouldn't happen.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The rumour about the S.S Anne returning would support characters making cameos, at least from Kanto. If S/M are throwbacks to the first gen (and it does seem to be the way with the subtle references we've seen), then I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow manage to find a way to slot these existing characters in somewhere. They could take the lazy route by just propping up a facility post game where they all come to visit, but if past characters are returning then I'd like a little depth to their reasoning behind visiting Alola.

Years
  • Sound familiar? Giving new "evolutions" to old Pokemon? Alola forms aren't evolutions, but they're forms given to older Pokemon that players would probably not expect. Seems fitting of Ohmori to go down this route.

I wonder what he has in mind for an Underground-esque equivalent in S/M?

Thanks for that interesting piece of trivia there. I never knew he had a part in creating some notable features of the Sinnoh games, and if he made those cross-gen evolutions back then and Alola Forms right now as a way to reinvent older Pokemon.

I can't imagine what could be an Underground equivalent, but maybe the sidequests we were hinted at with that Pyukumuku video?

Years
  • Huh. Of course I will assume this is fake until otherwise supported, but I found this leak attempt at least trying to not completely piggyback off the other rumors. It's a bit out there though in supposing D-forms are a real thing. The reaction from fans would be more polarizing than megas were revealed.
    https://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/28836980

Last edited:

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Huh. Of course I will assume this is fake until otherwise supported, but I found this leak attempt at least trying to not completely piggyback off the other rumors. It's a bit out there though in supposing D-forms are a real thing. The reaction from fans would be more polarizing than megas were revealed.
    https://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/28836980
    ... Yeah probably fake, which is a shame because I actually like the guardian dolphin and Alolan Cofagrigas. D:

Edit: ... Does Cofagrigas' name seriously get censored here? XD

blue

gucci
    Years
  • D-forms just sound like something plucked out of thin air piggybacking of the already existing Z-moves (or even Z-form rumour). At least Z-forms are more believable based on the fact that we already know about Z-Crystals and the moves. D-forms on the other hand have no origin from a standpoint, especially when you talk about applying them to middle stages starter evos. Are they Digimon forms?

Years
  • I'm assuming fake. That snake Pokemon looks a bit gimmicky, plus with Alola Forms implied to be 1st Gen only I also don't believe that Alolan Cofagrigus.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Absolutely. He showed that picture of Anabel and while everyone wanted to believe it meant some sort of Battle Frontier revival, people also associated it with Snorlax's exclusive Z-Move because she did at some point use a Snorlax. It was vague enough to work because, as you said, it has many different interpretations.

I'm half-tempted to believe he didn't get the memo that we know about the Rotom-Dex already, and that his Colress avatar is to make us think Colress is returning when in reality it just points to the Rotom-Dex's existence (since he uses a Rotom-Wash in his post-game team).
    Anabelle was before snorlax but it could be a hint. I don't think it was though. I still bank on the BF being back.

And the Corless probably means nothing related to the dex as it came after.

Now for that new, it's certainly unique. It's slip up to me is the underwater city thing. Another fak leak have and I don't see it happening because of that. We will see though.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I don't think they meant D-Form I think they meant D-Wheel. Pokémon on motorcycles confirmed.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Can't wait to use speed balls to capture wild Pokemon, gotta go fast to catch em all!

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Just going to say that a riddler gimmick for doing leaks is probably the safest way (in terms of retaining any credibility).

Post something vague-ish that has many different possibly interpretations. Upon the next announcement the chances are someone will have connected the vague hints to get an answer that fits what was revealed.

Rinse and repeat.

True...

He can't even provide a single leak that won't be appearing in any news prior to the game release (or even some small confirmations like there will be no new MEs or that the 3 starter final evolutions are fake)...

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Anabelle was before snorlax but it could be a hint. I don't think it was though. I still bank on the BF being back.

And the Corless probably means nothing related to the dex as it came after.

Now for that new, it's certainly unique. It's slip up to me is the underwater city thing. Another fak leak have and I don't see it happening because of that. We will see though.

Anabelle would be better hinted for something related to Alakazam, or even Latios to be honest. I usually forget she has a Snorlax.

Now, there's a couple of arguements to why the Battle Frontier wouldn't be coming back. First of all, it skipped two generations, however you could say that PWT filled it's role in Gen 5, while Gen 6 was just rushed so they couldn't fit it into ORAS or make a Z version. And second because of what Masuda said about not seeing a point in putting it in, as only a small percentage of players would appreciate it.

Now on the other side, there's a chance of it returning for many reasons too. First of all, since it's possible that they wanted to put it in ORAS, but simply didn't have enough time, they might want to put one in SM to make up for it. Second, they spent a LOT more time working on these games than they did on XY and ORAS, working since XY's release I believe, including all of 2015, they skipped a year just to work on these games which fills me with hope that they'll be filled with content. Third, since it's the 20th anniversary titles they may want to appeal to all types of fans who stuck with them through the years which means the 3rd-5th gen crowd who spent many hours on the battle facilities and even competitive players. And finally, maybe they heard all the outcry from fans about the lack of battle facilities in 6th Gen, I mean, it worked for Trainer Customizations, so why not the battle frontier? It really does seem like they are listening to fans this time around, bringing back old features, throwing a treat to Snap fans, giving a lot more depth and lore to Pokemon in general, changing up the formula, and again bringing back a more serious and interesting story like Gen 5 (hopefully).
    That all said, I still really really want to keep my hopes down and just take the games for what they are when I get them, if they have a Battle Frontier or PWT, hooray!!! If not, I'll try not to let it ruin my experience because these games still look super solid.

P.S sorry I had this kind of rant thing in my head for a few days so sorry i unleashed it on you lol

Reactions: Z25

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Just going to say that a riddler gimmick for doing leaks is probably the safest way (in terms of retaining any credibility).

Post something vague-ish that has many different possibly interpretations. Upon the next announcement the chances are someone will have connected the vague hints to get an answer that fits what was revealed.

Rinse and repeat.
    True...

He can't even provide a single leak that won't be appearing in any news prior to the game release (or even some small confirmations like there will be no new MEs or that the 3 starter final evolutions are fake)...

I disagree. He's got his fair share of information correct, such as Team Skull, Lunala/Solgaleo, Mimikyu, Pyukumuku, Sandcastle Pokemon and Tapu Koko. He probably can't leak more than what he's leaking, because his source isn't someone who is heavily connected to the games development.

I actually think the riddle leaks are the best ones so far, they're interesting and it's fun trying to figure them out, and it's a constant source of information, but in saying that, I'll say he's gone past his used by date. His riddles now are just vague and boring and don't really account to much anymore. Posting things like a tablecloth!Pikachu and a shovel+sandcastle are really good ideas to drop hints, since they're somewhat logical, but now posting a random list of Pokemon and Anabel has like no logic to them other than his own hidden meaning/interpenetration. He's gone downhill which is disappointing but whatever, in most cases leakers only get their 5 minutes of fame, and he's already had that so it's nothing unexpected.

I don't think he's just guessing and is making lucky guesses, I'm positive he has inside information, and that's the issue, people seem to think that this (and other leaks that give out minor information) aren't real because they don't give a lot of details, and then go on the say that the ones that give out 75% of the games content (can list all Pokemon, all Megas/Alola Formes, post game content, Gym Leaders (or Totems in this case), E4, Legends, new features, etc) are real. All these "[fake] leaks" claim they know some insider working on the game and can give out every single detail about the game, which is never the case. Most of the time the credible leaks are the ones that give out small pieces of information and are correct, because usually their source is an insider at Nintendo, who isn't a producer on the game, but more or less a designer or a marketer employee who clearly ins't going to have access to the game and all it's content.

Even if they did, no one is going to risk their job by giving some random on the internet (who is probably a friend) all the games details just so their friend can soak up the sun and enjoy their 5 minutes of fame. If someone was to do that, I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to figure out who leaked the information and fire them since only a select number of people would have access to that. Much minor stuff like leaking reveal trailers early etc are much easier for leakers to access since a lot more people are working on them thus it's easier for the information to get out since it's more difficult to track whoever leaked it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back