• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I guess this leak got the totem Pokemon bit wrong, considering what Cutiefly mentioned about the official site hinting at more totem Pokemon.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    TBH I'm beginning to care so little about these leaks that I just skimmed through that new one. XD

Even though it's probably not real, I would love that water-running Arcanine thing to happen.

Years
  • I think I now call the latest leak fake. It's likely because I feel the totem Pokemon info was misleading and didn't match with the official site, plus 4chan is very untrustworthy.

Sirfetch’d

I'm not really reading too much into any leaks anymore. We had the few really credible leaks that turned out to be true(at least most likely) so now people realize that Pokemon fans will believe any well written leak. While many of these leaks are very interesting and could very well be true, I am not getting my hopes up. I think we'll have a lot of these leaks debunked around the 1st of September.

Years
  • I personally do agree. I only just analyze the leaks and see how possible the ideas could be, and then when a new trailer or CoroCoro comes out I then come to a conclusion on if the leak is debunked or not, and for the heavily followed ones (like the Chinese leak) I will also try and make a connection to those.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    It's just my experience from past leaks, Pokémon and otherwise, but the ones that turn out to be true are almost always the ones written very, very early on (and even then there's usually some details they get wrong). The only exceptions turn out to be when the leaker in question got their hands on some media and literally leak it (for instance, the YouTube video getting screenshot-leaked early). So, not that any leaks that crop up from here on out are guaranteed to be fake, but I feel they're more than likely to be fake past this point (even if they have some little details that we may individually enjoy).

Years
  • I agree with Rivvon, some of the major leaks that correctly predicted officially confirmed stuff came out around a month or two following the starter reveal (the big Chinese leak came out around July, shortly before Salandit was revealed) while a lot of the leaks happening at the moment have more likely been fake, so while I still analyze them I won't fully believe them.

Years
  • Gotta say though, there were some that kinda kept me on my toes... like the Ash/Rainbow-Greninja one, which actually seemed possible given that it's not outside the realm of possibility for Game Freak or TPC to shoehorn some sort of reference to the anime like that.

I do like how we have a few references to the anime in the games at times, like how Yellow is entirely based off the anime, and in OR/AS I believe Steven even mentions Alain.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • Duh. We already knew that much. But seeing as this was an old leak, I suppose it can be forgiven.

Prediction of Z-moves, I suppose.

Oh boy! Another Ash-Greninja rumour! Either Ash-Greninja is going to be:

a) An event giveaway,
    b) a Mega Evolution of normal Greninja, or apparently,
    c) a result of breeding.

It seems these leaks can't really agree with each other on how exactly Ash-Greninja is going to be implemented, here.

I think this was predicting Drampa. Not bad, at any rate.

Not the first time we've heard of this. We'll see whether or not this is true since a lot of these leaks are piggybacking off of each other on time-based evolutions.

Good. Bug types are underrated anyway. I would've personally preferred more Grass and Ice types, but Bug works, too! Difficult to say on this one though, but I hope this is the case, at any rate.

Not even surprising if this is true. With the NX looming over the horizon within the next half-year or so (with a Spring 2017 release date, it seems), it's perfectly possible that these may end up being the last main games on the DS system. Sun and Moon seem to have stretched out the 3DS to its maximum capabilities (I think), and well, personally speaking, I feel that a console would do Pokemon games more justice, anyway.

If the next main games are on the NX, the DS family won't live past like 2018, probably.

So Sun and Moon aren't even being given a full year to thrive before already ushering out the new generation? If this is true, then it really does point to Game Freak being done with the third games thing, after all.

This leak accurately predicted the Trial Captain system. We don't know what's going to happen to the Elite Four, if there even is one, or how to even become Champion of the games (or something equivalent. I suppose that'll come within time when TPC reveals it all, maybe.

Or they can keep it secret until release.

10 more years of Pokemon?? Well then... I guess that throws out the rumours of Pokemon stopping after the total amount of Pokemon hits 1000. I wouldn't put it past Game Freak, at any rate, to plan this far ahead.

While this seems like the logical pattern Game Freak is probably going to take, how the hell does this leaker know what Game Freak is going to plan like 10 years in advance before all of us? Either something's fishy here, or Game Freak must really suck a lot when it comes to protecting classified information.

Also, what does Kalos have to do with Unova ?_?

This is kind of a hard pill to swallow, mostly because I'm not sure how the heck knows all of this information a decade or so before all of us do. Again, either Game Freak or Nintendo really suck with handling classified information like this and somehow let this leak, or this is really, really, really bad wishlisting.

Those are my thoughts. Some of the things these leak predicted are indeed true, like the removal of Gyms, Drampa, the region being based on Hawaii, and it also aligns with other leaks saying that Rockruff's evolution being based on the time of day along with the starter evolutions (which we'll see whether or not that's really true). Some of the other claims though...? I find it really, REALLY hard to believe. Some of the other stuff is probably false.

Don't worry this was all made up after the info was out, but before the rowlet mid evo was debunked. They are wrong.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I actually was hoping it was real =/ The only thing I didn't like was that there were only 2 Mega Evolutions--I would like there to be more.

All these leaks keep taunting us with different Litten evolutions. Just tell us the truth already ;_;

Years
  • That leak I call fake (and looking at the date it looked like it was dropped before the starters themselves were revealed). I can't see 7th Gen lasting only a year because then it would be way too short.

Years
  • It would actually make me upset if this generation was cut that short lol...

7th Gen is fast becoming my new fave generation and having it be so short will make it very disappointing. I feel that 6th Gen felt too short and that was due to the lack of any Kalos follow-up after X/Y, hindering its position on my fave generations list as a result.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • They're putting so much love and care into these new games that I wouldn't even mind if they kept making later games in this engine. I would be very dissapointed if 7th Gen only lasted one year. That means we would get another D/P X/Y next year.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    To be fair, considering they're supposed to be major anniversary titles, I can't imagine SM getting the third version treatment because then the third version would effectively overshadow the 20th anniversary games. I just don't think that would sit right with most people. Whether SM would warrant a sequel is something we have no way of knowing right now but otherwise I can't actually imagine Alola itself being in more than just SM. Whether gen 7 itself persists further than just SM is also up in the air for now; since almost everything regarding the NX is still under wraps, there's no real way to make solidified guesses (although I'll cross my fingers for DPP remakes, regardless of how futile it seems--if B2W2 could keep the DS trucking on, so can DPP remakes keep the 3DS going... and that's if the NX replaces the DS/3DS line at all).

That being said, any leak that claims to know Game Freak's "10 years from now" plans I can never take seriously. A game or two ahead I can totally understand being planned. But there's so much that can change between now and even one year from now, and the technology available to developers changes rapidly, too. It's almost pointless to bother planning that far in advance because so many things can change just on their next title alone, let alone 5, 10 titles down the line. I believe it was in the English guide to B2W2 where Masuda was asked why they decided to make sequels to BW and he said something along the lines of "BW's development was coming to a close and we felt sequels were most appropriate to make next." That, along with them saying their one-game-per-year method was due to the fast-paced change of technology (a different interview, I believe), lends to the idea that they just can't reasonably plan that far in advance.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Gen I lasted 3 (1996-1999), Gen II was three too(1999-2002), Gen III was 4 (2002-2006), Gen IV was 4 too (2006-2010), Gen V lasted 3 (2010-13), Gen VI lasted 3 too (2013-2016). Gens usually last 3 years, with only 2 exceptions, and the first of those 2 was due to the initial pair of the second exception being delayed from 2005 to 2006.

Years
  • Going by what ORandAS said about how long each generation has lasted, I am likely expecting 7th Gen to end in 2019 if it'll be another 3-year generation.

GMeister

Poke Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2020
    In regards to the recent leaks on Solrock and Lunatone.

Attachments

• Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread
      20160825_173642.jpg
      637.7 KB · Views: 61
    • Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread
      20160825_173655.jpg
      413.3 KB · Views: 59
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back