• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Interesting that the possible Fighting/Flying Alolan Doduo line is being brought up again, even if I can't seem to imagine a good design for it. Having no new Megas in this game is also plausible, because while the feature appears to be staying we haven't seen anything related to Mega Evolution in the trailers so far, especially since it's having less focus now.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    That sounds implausible since presumably that would mean that Anohi comes before the starters in the national dex (like Victini) but Rowlet has confirmed to be #722.

Years
  • I call "Anohi" fake since, as Sabrewulf said, Rowlet comes straight after Volcanion in National Dex order.

Rowlet's National Dex number is shown as #722 in a shot from the new Pokemon Bank trailer, which also likely confirms Litten as #725 and Popplio as #728. Pikipek seems to follow Popplio's line so that puts Pikipek at #731, while the Yungoos line afterwards has Yungoos as #734 and Gumshoos at #735. Grubbin's line follows that, with Grubbin (#736), Charjabug (#737) and Vikavolt (#738)

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • Marshadow, a gigantic scorpion (most likely based on an emperor scorpion) that is said to slumber in the oldest temple in Alola. It is venerated as the bringer of destruction. Once awaken, it covers the sun with its tail and every living being will fall under its command. Marshadow's typing is Dark/???, which second type changes depending on the jewel it wears on its head. Has a unique ability called "Umbra Legion" where its teammates get STAB with Dark-type moves.

I remember someone posted a Drapion image to Marshadow being Scorpion, associated with Dark-type. Nuff said. {XD}

Agatha of the Elite Four is the Kahuna of Akala Island. Uses Tapu Akua, a Ghost/Fairy guardian.

Agatha was related to Oak, is this a wishlist as well? Alolan Agatha to relate with Samson Oak? LOL
    Agatha did retired from Elite Four in HGSS, it's not too farfetch'd to bring her up here... hmm...

•Ekans line - Water/Dragon

This is too much, if you ask me

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Prism Tone sounds like it would be a cool ability though, getting STAB on Electric, Fire, Grass and Water. Could be a touch OP but the concept is quite interesting.

Years
  • While that all sounds cool,

"Artificial island is called Union Island"

Didn't we already determine that the artificial island is simply the lab/base for the Aether Foundation?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • There's a leak on the Alolan dex for the first two islands.

Melemele dex

Spoiler:

Second Island dex

Spoiler:

I'll be waiting for him to post the dex for the other two islands.

Years
  • Okay, so that leaked Pokedex list mentions Alola Forms for Lunatone, Solrock, Yanma line, Carnivine, and a few other Kanto Pokemon that were mentioned in previous leaks like Butterfree and the Nidos.

This is sorta contradicting since I recall seeing Butterfree in its regular form on the official art for the PokeFinder feature (which means it's likely out of contention for an Alola Form), and the ones regarding Carnivine, Lunatone/Solrock and the Yanma line seem to have a slim chance of even happening since there was something in CoroCoro that mentioned Alola Forms being Kanto-only due it saying "Pokemon you found in GO have special forms in Sun & Moon" or something along the line of that.

I also feel a lot of the evolution names of the 7th Gen Pokemon feel uninspired and just piggybacking off the names of the ones known so far. Calling it probably fake.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Joe has gotten a few thing wrong, including the name of some of the pokemon. He has also not posted a few things that is brought up in the Corocoro, one being Rockruff playing a big part. He said nothing new was shown in a video in the past, when a lot of new things were shown, including Z Moves.

And they do have a secret. And just a FYI, he does say they have a secret, not that they don't have one. He just didn't say they shared one.

But what else could it be and why would the mention it at the same time as Rockruff?
    Joe hasn't messed up names of pokemon this gen or missing video info...

Also pokejungle literally uses Joe as their source, so he is still the go to guy. And he doesn't say no secret, just not a shared one.
    Another leak courtesy of 4chan:
    Spoiler:

Why is Aether called union island? There's no PWT there either, both buildings are used by Aether. Marshadow and Agatha's details also come from a fake leak a long time ago. As well as most of those alolan forms being from other leaks early on.
    There's a leak on the Alolan dex for the first two islands.

Melemele dex

Spoiler:

Second Island dex

Spoiler:

Interesting dex, but I'm not sure I believe it. There's to many mons we know of with pre evolutions imo, from what we've seen so far. And why are names like slopoke spelled wrong?

The new names on the list sound off. At least with dex leaks, the next reveal will make or brake them.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Interesting dex, but I'm not sure I believe it. There's to many mons we pre evolutions imo, from what we've seen so far. And why are names like slopoke spelled wrong?

The new names on the list sound off. At least with dex leaks, the next reveal will make or brake them.

I've also noticed that Politoed is missing when the Poliwag line was listed.

Reactions: Z25

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • >Agatha of the Elite Four is the Kahuna of Akala Island. Uses Tapu Akua, a Ghost/Fairy guardian.

But Agatha was already very old in the original Red and Blue, and was nowhere to be seen in Gold and Silver (it's assumed she retired) so why would she come to Alola to be a Kahuna? This game must be around 10 or so years after Red/Blue, wouldn't she be retired if not dead?

>Artificial island is called the Union Island. Huge front building is the Pokémon World Tournament and the separated platform at the back is the Pokémon League wherein you will be able to battle all 6 champions from the past 6 regions. (No E4, only champions)

Sounds like my dream but no this is debunked, the island is Aether Paradise. Also there are more than 6 champions if you wanna count Red, Wallace, Iris and N.

>Every main protagonists (male and female) from the past 6 regions can be selected as online default avatars (which also gets 3D models during battles)

Seems unrealistic, but we also have Trainer Customization which makes this kind of pointless.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Technically, Red and N aren't Champions. Just throwing that out there.

Well yeah that's true, They both gave up their positions to go do their own business (although Red returned for the PWT, but that's non-canon anyways), just the wording was weird, like "all 6 champions" so does this mean Steven or Wallace, and Adler or Iris? Adler did kind of pull a red too in that he gave up his position to do stuff.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    >Every main protagonists (male and female) from the past 6 regions can be selected as online default avatars (which also gets 3D models during battles)
    They finally confirmed character customization's return. There is literally no point in having a feature like this. It would be much better to just allow the player to buy clothes similar to the older protagonists at that rate...

Rest of the leak is weird and I'm pretty tired so all I can say to it is: 乁(ツ)ㄏ

Technically, Red and N aren't Champions. Just throwing that out there.
    Red still showed up as a Champion in the PWT. By that logic, N would be considered a Champion too because he defeats Alder during the course of BW. So technically yeah, you're right, but it's too much of a technicality to matter when it comes to hypothetical PWT returns, I'd say.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    There's a leak on the Alolan dex for the first two islands.

Melemele dex

Spoiler:

Second Island dex

Spoiler:

Most of those names sound horrible. I'd expect Gamefreak to do a better job of naming than that.

Also at this point I feel pretty confident that Alolan forms are Kanto only because of Alolan Oak being the one to explain them.

Years
  • game freak has better naming conventions than that, now

That is absolutely true. I love the creative decisions behind Pokemon names, and I tend to notice if there's something creative about the name to the point it's making me believe all these leaked Dex lists are fakes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back