• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Legends - Real or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Yes pangaea is how the world started off. Its viable for pokemon too.

I never denied pangaea, i said it was real. I meant that its a valid theory for the pokemon world. I dont see where the confusion is :S

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Urgh, why? whats the point? Not only are you stating the obvious, you are wasting your own time giving negative input into something tht doesnt concern you. That pretty idiotic.

New question: Although its not actually a legend, why does deoxys have the ability to change form?

Minos Yewman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    It could be that Deoxys is an alien with the ability to slightly change its DNA to suit its needs. It also may have the same kind of reason as Castform who changes with the weather, just a more powerful version of this.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I agree. Deoxys is some alienic form. It can shape-shift like Castform, Ditto, or Lati@s. It can shape-shift because aliens are really unknown to their abilities in reality.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Yeah thats true, deoxys may be of a species that has further evolved than humanity.

Right, ive posted a lot of questions recently, now ill do some answering. Anyone got anythin they want answered by the lovely people at PC? :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    Concerning Deoxys, it's name is taken from Deoxyribonuecleic Acid, or DNA, which hints that it has abilities concerning his own DNA.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Ah deoxyribonucleic acid, love that word lol. Human biology (Or in this case, alien biology :)) has loadsa big words i need to learn lol

Yeah the dex entry says its an alien virus that underwent a dna mutation, which points out that it could be the first of the species. But like all viruses, it may try to multiply :o

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    What about Jirachi? Where did it come from? What is it for?

Jirachi, is shaped like a star, is it not?

This makes me believe it is a "fallen star" that came to earth in a frozen meteorite. What do shooting/fallen stars have the power to do? Grant wishes.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Erm, frozen meteorite? Wha? I have a different theory:
    *Cresselia is born of dreams and Darkrai of nightmares. I reckon jirachi could make both come true
    *It grants peoples wishes, it doesnt say they are necersarrily nice wishes (Eg kill my step-dad :P), presented through doom desire
    *I think that he is somehow connected to cressy and darkrai

Orrrrrrrr:
    *Jirachi is linked to the beings of will, emotion and knowledge. The elf of desire could quite easily be related to the other 3. On top of that, look at the sprites: They all have two tails, their bodies are similar shades of gray, amd they are generally the same shape (Except the head, which is different on all 4).

Thats my two-pence, let me know what you think. Very little is known about jirachi, so there are no solid theories.

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    Erm, frozen meteorite? Wha? I have a different theory:
    *Cresselia is born of dreams and Darkrai of nightmares. I reckon jirachi could make both come true
    *It grants peoples wishes, it doesnt say they are necersarrily nice wishes (Eg kill my step-dad :P), presented through doom desire
    *I think that he is somehow connected to cressy and darkrai

Orrrrrrrr:
    *Jirachi is linked to the beings of will, emotion and knowledge. The elf of desire could quite easily be related to the other 3. On top of that, look at the sprites: They all have two tails, their bodies are similar shades of gray, amd they are generally the same shape (Except the head, which is different on all 4).

Thats my two-pence, let me know what you think. Very little is known about jirachi, so there are no solid theories.

well......i kinda get u about the pixies and jirachi.......but i dont see it when u say jirachi is related to creesila and darkrai.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Cresselia and darkrai are the embodiment of dreams and nighmares, which jirachi can make come true. How else does it find out peoples wishes? I dont know about you, but i dream about stuff i want. Perhaps he is their arbiter of something. The pixie one is my favored theory but there could be a link between either. Like i said there i very little evidence on jirachi so its an educated guess.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
  • Are the legends really true? well, that all depends on your perspective of it.

I persoanlly think that they're weaker in the games than in the legends for a very interesting reason. It always seems that the human or mortal forms of some deities are weaker than their actual, immortal forms. and when I say mortal, i mean physical forms on earth and not some higher plane of existance. thus explaining why arceus can be caught in a pokeball. because it's not so much arceus itself as arceus's avatar, you know what I mean?

as for the contradictory thing, about kyogre and groundon conflicting with palkia? take it from this standpoint, kinda like how the history of the world is explained in Legend of Zelda: OOT.

palkia created the base world, but there was really nothing. Sort of, a big dead rock floating in the void.

The groudon and kyogre come. Kyogre creates water to cover the planet. Then groudon raises landmasses. Then shaymin or whatever comes and gives the land all of it's plants and trees and stuff. afterwards, mew gives birth to all the other life-forms or whatever it was.

that's my two cents, i'm stickin' to it. G'night, folks.

Last edited:

DarkSpace

Wandering Noob
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2012
    You know it all comes down to the people, their interpretation. We can't force our views on other people and that's what makes us different.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
  • hail to that. I know exactly what you mean. much like actual religion, you can't rightfully force your stuff down other perople's throats. you can tell them about it, but you can't try to make them believe it.

Oh yes, I have several extensions to my theories, should anyone actually give a hoot.

mew is said to be the ancestor of all pokemon, right? well, keep in mind that in every game, they say that the new pokemon have only been recently discovered. Which is the whole answer right there. sort of like evolution in real life (and once again, if you don't believe in it, then you don't have to. but I can if I want. besides, it's just an example.) They say that people evolved from monkeys now, but in 30 years they might dicover that it was actually lizards or something. and thus the previous knowledge of our ancient ancestor species would be changed. same goes for the mew thing. if they discover new species that pedate mew, then it would be changed.

see where i'm coming from? if not, that's ok.

Ampremas_tortoise

Because turtles are overrated.
    Years
  • Can science be a religion? ...no, I'm not talking about Scientology......

The "legends" of the legendary pokemon are probably left over from the days in pokemon world before the games take place. Kind of like the Babylons and Sumerias and Ancient Egypts of K/J/H/S where there pretty much was no science and people believed in curses and spells.

So, in a way, I think the legendaries are a bit like Loch Ness (roll with me here for a minute and pretend it might be real), Bigfoot, the Yeti, dragons, Sirens, the Chupacabra.... you know. Mythical creatures. There's only like, a few left (or created) in the world and when a few people see them, they go and tell everyone. Problem is, not everybody has seen them, so perhaps the creatures are regarded as mystical gods and so on and so forth.

The great mystery spawns the myth and ancient practices and lore.

That's kind of how it is in the real world.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    :O i cant believe this died out
    Anyways new question: Why do we think Dialga and palkia faught each other when they were co-dependant?

Minos Yewman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012

Because it made a good story

I don't have an answer to that one actually.......prehaps they were just having an arguement eg.
    Palkia: Space rocks!
    Dialga: Time is better
    Palkia: Is not
    Dialga: Is too
    *Battle begins*

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Lol fair enough, i dont really have any ideas for this one so that will do :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back