• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Metroid Fanclub

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
    can I join? I like metroid,but i only played it a little. I hve metriod prime

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
    so...find it? :P

Yes, of course you can join. Lots of prime discussion fun. Prime was one of the better games in the series, even though it broke away from the sidescrolling of previous games, and skipped out on walljump and screw attack.

On another note, I once again find myself wondering if we will ever see a remake of metroid 2.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    so...find it? :P

Yes, of course you can join. Lots of prime discussion fun. Prime was one of the better games in the series, even though it broke away from the sidescrolling of previous games, and skipped out on walljump and screw attack.

On another note, I once again find myself wondering if we will ever see a remake of metroid 2.

Actually, yesterday my brother came across the game case that had Other M in it, as well as a bunch of other games. It was stuck behind some drawers in the last place we would think to look.

I'm not sure about a Metroid II remake; it's kinda the black sheep in the series. Although it introduced some elements into the series that would be brought back numerous times later on, it certainly wasn't the best. With the original Metroid, well that started an entire series. I figure the most we'll get out of Nintendo is a 3DS rerelease.

Also, this.

RASENCERO

MWOEHAHAHA!!!
    Years
    Its always in the last place you look, obviously >p

I wouldn't mind a MII remake, since I haven't played it and its not easy to find. But I don't see it happening anytime soon...

Apple, your theme = Awesome

Also, that voice actress does look a lot like a young Samus. Or is it just me?

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
    I for one HAVE played all the games. And if there was a black sheep to the series, it was fusion, not metroid 2. The only thing about metroid 2 was its graphics and music, as well as the gameplay being a little rough. A remake would remedy this, and it would be a more than welcome addition to the series. Fusion on the other hand, tells you where to go, all the time, and takes away exploration and substitutes it for difficulty. I still like fusion and other m, despite how they do this, but they just arent the same as the gems of the series. And that's my thoughts on the matter.

RASENCERO

MWOEHAHAHA!!!
    Years
    Nice, good to have an expert opinion. Did you read the manga?
    I am curious about the reason why the metroids where created by the chozo.
    Since in the manga the chozo discovered in a galaxy far away somekind of energy (or liquid something, I forgot) life-form that was consuming stuff and coming closer, therefore they created metroids to absorb it. We still haven't seen this thing. Unless it was Phaaze, but I doubt it.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Nice, good to have an expert opinion. Did you read the manga?
    I am curious about the reason why the metroids where created by the chozo.
    Since in the manga the chozo discovered in a galaxy far away somekind of energy (or liquid something, I forgot) life-form that was consuming stuff and coming closer, therefore they created metroids to absorb it. We still haven't seen this thing. Unless it was Phaaze, but I doubt it.

Metroids were created by the Chozo because of the X Parasite threat. I guess it was just a minor design flaw that they were efficient murder machines. [/understatement]

RASENCERO

MWOEHAHAHA!!!
    Years
    Really? I did not know that. Wait, X parasite? That sounds familiar....
    *checks wikipedia*
    Ah, Fusion... I haven't played that one. -_-"
    O wow, that has indeed a lot of potential for a sequal.
    So in the end, Samus is a human who is genetically modified with Chozo DNA and eventually even Metroid DNA.
    Efficient murder machines or not, Samus thought baby metroids were cute XD

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
    Lol...cute, yeah. But anyways, yeah, the metroids were created to prevent the X from taking over the universe one day. And when they were wiped out, they nearly did just that. I have read the manga, yes. I know the entire plotline, as far as it has been released. I do find myself hoping for a fusion sequel someday, but no more X. They canonically should all be dead now. So they better get something else going on. >.<

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Lol...cute, yeah. But anyways, yeah, the metroids were created to prevent the X from taking over the universe one day. And when they were wiped out, they nearly did just that. I have read the manga, yes. I know the entire plotline, as far as it has been released. I do find myself hoping for a fusion sequel someday, but no more X. They canonically should all be dead now. So they better get something else going on. >.<
    Well, I read an interview with Sakamoto sometime prior to Other M's release that said originally they were working on a post-Fusion game, but due to the fact there wasn't any link-up with the main storyline, it seemed to be very tacked on. So Other M was created to link the two sections of the story together. He also said that the next game would certainly be post-Fusion.

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
    I'm not sure how many of you guys are into speedrunning, but I figure I may as well make a 'best threadwide times' spoiler on the main page.

I'll have a few to contribute, and if any of you has a better one, let me know. (Please be 100% honest about this though. Thanks. ^.^)

I figure this is a good way to make this place more interesting. Please be good losers though guys, no getting upset if somebody beats your record. That's just how it goes. If you don't feel like you can handle that, please don't participate. I feel sure you guys would all be cool about it though.

I'll put up the top 3 for each game, and you guys can go ahead and submit. However, you may only hold one position per game, to give other people a position as well.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Well, since I had this raw file sitting on my desktop for a few weeks now and because I liked it in my sig, I decided to make a desktop of Samus Aran aiming her arm cannon at you!
    Spoiler:

Resolution is at 1440x990, and you can view a direct link of it here.

I do rather like the exposure on this; the warm orange came out really, really nicely IMO.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Wait, I just checked the linked version. It shouldn't be that small. Also, I noticed that it should be 1440x900, not 900. I'll fix that when I get home.

But glad to see you like it!

RASENCERO

MWOEHAHAHA!!!
    Years
    Awesome!
    It seems that I have found my new wallpaper.^^
    A bigger version would be nice though...

Since nobody is posting "speedruns", I'll do some of mine.
    They weren't done with the intention do a speedrun though.
    M Zero Mission: 2:38
    Mp I: 16:32
    Mp II: 11:48
    Mp III: 12:23 (Veteran)

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Awesome!
    It seems that I have found my new wallpaper.^^
    A bigger version would be nice though...

Since nobody is posting "speedruns", I'll do some of mine.
    They weren't done with the intention do a speedrun though.
    M Zero Mission: 2:38
    Mp I: 16:32
    Mp II: 11:48
    Mp III: 12:23 (Veteran)

I'm having some trouble getting it to upload at full resolution in Photoshop, so I'm trying imgur now.

Spoiler:

Direct Link Here

This should work now.

Back