• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Most annoying gym leader in FR/LG?

Most Annoying Gym Leader?

• Brock

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Misty

Votes: 58 30.2%
  • Lt. Surge

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • Erika

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Koga

Votes: 41 21.4%
  • Sabrina

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • Blaine

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Giovanni

Votes: 10 5.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Did I say only Koga and Misty are troublesome in FRLG when I posted earlier? Well, I failed to consider that the completely asinine trash can "puzzle" made a return in these games, making Surge the most difficult, time-wasting, despicable, annoying and frustrating anger magnet in the entire series, tied with his other appearances other than in GSC.

Last edited:

Oharo

̣
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    I had absolutely no problems with any of the gym leaders themselves. It was more of how the gym was structured, Surge's bins, Sabrina's teleporting. Other than that, my team was well-balanced and could pretty much stomp the gyms.

Dotz

Acro Bike User
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    Koga and Lt.Surge. Not because of their pokemon, but because of the puzzle and the invisible walls... D:

Years
  • For me it was Misty and her dreaded Starmie so early in the game lol :) Picking Charmander didn't aid me much lol.

At this moment in time I've faced them all bar Giovanni, but I have a feeling he won't give me too much trouble :P

AllentheGuitarist

I don't even, sir.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    Honestly? Misty. Her Starmie is a hard hitter, and even against a Wartortle and Ivysaur it can do a nice chucnk of damage to you with Water Pulse. Not only that, but it confuses too.

I swept all the other gym leaders off their feet like Jerry pulls the rug out from under Tom in the ol' cat and mouse toons.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Misty. That ginger's Starmie acted like Godzilla or something, cause I always chose Charmander. Aside from that, all other gyms were a joke.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • None really, or at least in Gen 3 there are none, mainly because Charmeleon learns Metal Claw, allowing me to beat Brock quickly.

.:TheLooker:.

Shadow of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2011
    Lt. Surge , Koga and Sabrina are all evil, as in thepuzzles. But other than that, Misty's Starmie is as hard as hell. Grinding my Bulbasaur to Ivysaur really early didn't help. Neither did my Pidgeotto. Well, that's probably why everyone runs Starmie nowadays.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • I always have trouble with Koga unless I pick Charmander as my starter. I think poison type pokemon are already annoying enough as it is so I say Koga is the most annoying.

Years
  • Misty's Starmie D:
    Though Brock was also quite hard if you chose Charmander. I found Misty worse though - for Brock your Charmander could still at least get Metal Claw.

Back