• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NBA Playoffs 2009

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
  • Speaking of fouls, did you see how Pietrus (sp?) pushed Gasol? I mean, I know it was disrespectful for Gasol to dunk seeing as they were going to win anyway, but if he didn't grip the basket like he did, he might have gotten injured. I'm sure if it was earlier in the game, Pietrus would have been ejected.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • And the Lakers take the series, making them the Champions of 2009! This gives Kobe and Fisher their fourth playoff wins, tying them with Shaq and Duncan. Phil Jackson is now officially the best basketball coach of all time with a staggering 10 playoff wins. I'm totally gonna rub this in the faces of all my friends tomorrow.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I only watched one of the final games. They tend to be boring when you know what the outcome is going to be and when you see the same thing happening over and over again.

Elmaste

Elmaste The Great!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    Go Lakers!!! I'm so happy the Lakers one. I watched every game from 1 to 5. That was amazing and congrats to Phil Jackson, the new Best coach in the NBA.

Years
  • Magic gameplay: Deplorable.
    Lakers gameplay: Damn! That was fast. Well, congratulations to them.
    (It's not like the Pistons played. Then I'd be pissed.)

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • That second half was quite uneventful. Now Kobe has cemented his legacy as one of the best players in history and has proven that he still is the best player in the NBA.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Phil Jackson is now officially the best basketball coach of all time with a staggering 10 playoff wins.
    Regardless of numbers, that's still an opinion, at least in my eyes.

I still and forever will think Red Auerbach was the best basketball coach of all time. Phil couldn't handle a victory cigar like Red could, nor tell a story like him. :( But I will give Phil best coach during the free agent era, that's deserved, but I just loved Red's swagger and incredible ability more than any coach, now or in the future. I've read his biographies and so forth, and I'd bet he'd be laughing, smoking the cigar at the China Doll right now if he was still with us. ;D

But anyway, congratulations to Phil and the Lakers. Kobe got that Shaq monkey off his back.

Back