• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen NEW LEGENDARY TRIO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Everyone is saying there WONT be a Legendary trio
    I think there will be there always have been

Zapdos - Moltres - Articuno
    Raikou - Entie - Suicine
    Regice - Regirock - Registeel
    Azelf - Uxie - Mesprit

There IS gonna be another
    there always is
    and always will be :)

As for types i dont know
    But i htink they will ahve somthing to do with light/dark
    or
    good/evil

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    There is one that will revive plants, animals, and pokemon, another one that will restore small and medium objects like a television, a pencil, a bed, or even an antique, and another one that will restore large objects, like a house, any kind of building. All 3 are psychic types and they are called the restoration trio.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    I say legendary bugs, fish, or cephalopods. They're all different, but you can tell they're supposed to be related like the Birds and the Beasts. Like if they were insects, maybe a Fire/Bug winged ant, an Electric/Bug bee, and a Rock/Bug (or something) fly, and give them similar body shapes. That should work.

For cephalopods, it could be Water/Electric, Water/Poison, and Water/Dark, and that would work amazingly.

EDIT: Ooh, and they'll have the role of balancing power.

Mangalover

Pure manga lover
    Years
    I like the wolf idea. I was thinking of kind of a totem pole idea, done up in a pseudo-native american design style (very popular in Japan these days, btw), but I wasn't able to think of three that would be cool. Wolf, Eagle, and.... Salmon? Oh wait! Bear! What about a Wolf, Eagle, and Bear trio? I don't know what types to give them.

I like the idea of an Ice Dragon, but Reshiram and Zekrom have the same names in Japanese as they do in English, and they are both a play on words using "shiro" (white) and "kuro" (black). I think they mean something like "to turn white/black." So, how could you fit the Japanese word for gray (either gurei グレイ or hai-iro 灰色) into it? Also, hai-iro (literally ash color) would work better for a ground type, don't you think?

You know, we already have a trio of wolfs from entei, suicune, raikou....

I like the move judgment so if our new legendaries have the move, then, YAY!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I wouldn't mind something like the Legendary Trees to represent seasons... Pure Grass for Spring... Grass/Ghost for Fall/Autumn, and Grass/Ice for Winter?

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    HEY!!!

I wouldn't mind something like the Legendary Trees to represent seasons... Pure Grass for Spring... Grass/Ghost for Fall/Autumn, and Grass/Ice for Winter?

I just realized something!

Spring = Grass/Fire (Because it's when the snow melts)

It could also be the cotton pokemon rumored about a while back!

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    Reshiram=Fire/Dragon
    Zekrom=Electric/Dragon

And....

???=Grass/Dragon

And it has 2 forms: DARK form and LIGHT form and then secret NEUTRAL form in third version.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Reshiram=Fire/Dragon
    Zekrom=Electric/Dragon

And....

???=Grass/Dragon

And it has 2 forms: DARK form and LIGHT form and then secret NEUTRAL form in third version.

Kay, firstly...although I know what you mean, your post should be directed to https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=220265 because it relates to Reshiram/Zekrom, as well as its third counterpart speculation. :3

This thread revolves around discussion relating to the next legendary trio, for example, Entei/Raikou/Suicune, Mesprit/Uxie/Azelf, Regirock/Regice/Registeel and finally Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres. So... a trio based around that is what this thread aims to discuss.

Though on the form idea... I don't really think it will be likely. One reason is because you mentioned dark, yeah it's a type, but while light/neutral aren't types. If the Pokemon were to change to different forms, then it would be types that actually do exist as opposed to ones that don't. And I don't even know how a neutral type Pokemon would exist...

Last edited:

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I'd really like to see a bug trio. I don't really like bug type that much, but bug legendaries could be pretty cool, and you don't really see bug ubers

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    i have never heard that once. i've only heard legendary dogs since i was like 6 or 7. never beasts....

i once argued that raikou was a cat but thats about it.
    Raikou look like a Saber-toothed tiger. That classifies as a cat. Still not sure if it's suposed to be a cat or a dog though...Anyway, back on topic, i really like the idea of Bug-type legendaries.

Probably:

Bug/Psychic
    Bug/Dark
    Bug/Ghost

Because we NEED a second type. To me, just Bug would be boring.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    I know what i wan't
    AN UBER STRONG BUG/DRAGON POKEMON WITH A BST OF 700 WITH WONDER GUARD WHICH WOULD KICK SOME SERIOUS GARCHOMP BUTT...
    Lol too much i guess ..

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    I know what i wan't
    AN UBER STRONG BUG/DRAGON POKEMON WITH A BST OF 700 WITH WONDER GUARD WHICH WOULD KICK SOME SERIOUS GARCHOMP BUTT...
    Lol too much i guess ..
    Slightly although i agree a bug legendary trio would be cool

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back