• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen NEW LEGENDARY TRIO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikieJo

Anyone wanna battle?
Years
  • i think they will be based on the three different kinds of light that make up white light because in black it is a white pkmn and in white the background is white. They will probably be fire, water and grass. They'll be pretty abstract in appearance.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2010
    I don't my what type will they have, just please be different... not like the pixies. They are almost the same...

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I like the idea of Legendary bugs. I'm not so keen on the Legendary normal/ghosts.

What if they were to do... oh... I don't know... legendary monkeys?!

ZOMG!?!?! HOW UNORIGNAL!! THEY R JUS INFERNAPE-AMBIPOM COPEES W/ DIFRNT TYPIN, DIFRNT HED SHAPE, LONGR TALE, DIFRNT PURPOSE, DIFRNT DESINE, CHNGD FEET 2 THOSE OF LUCARIO AND WEIRD BODY HAIR!! GAME FREAK HAS RUN OUT OF IDEAS!! WAAAAAAAHH

ahem, sorry, Monkeys could be cool. :P

A trio of wolf-like pokemon could work. Each one should be dark or ghost type imo.

Legendary turtles, fish, bugs, whatever are all.....-.- we need KICK-ASS trios. Gives us wolves, if that can't happen why not serpents or something! It only makes sense since Zekrom and Reshiram look kick-ass themselves.

Some awesome freaky wolf pokemon actually sound pretty awesome.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I'd like trios that represent mind, body, and spirit or gold, silver, and bronze...

For the first trio, Fighting and Psychic-types are obvious candidates for 2 of them, but I don't know what type the third could have... The second trio could have all Steel-types, with each one having a different secondary type...

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    i agree with an earlier post
    reshiram and the other guy plus one more dragon
    dragon/water being the mascot of the 3rd 5th gen game= Pokemon Grey!
    (so unoriginal)
    and we have another trio like the robots and maybe a third trio
    like the bug ground and poison ones but thats unlikely

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
  • I'd like trios that represent mind, body, and spirit or gold, silver, and bronze...

For the first trio, Fighting and Psychic-types are obvious candidates for 2 of them, but I don't know what type the third could have... The second trio could have all Steel-types, with each one having a different secondary type...

If it's mind body spirit:
    Mind: Psychic
    Body: Steel (A body of steel, you know?)
    Spirit: Fighting

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • If it's mind body spirit:
    Mind: Psychic
    Body: Steel (A body of steel, you know?)
    Spirit: Fighting

That might actually work! Thanks. I guess for this particular concept, that's probably one of the best implementations we could use, given the current Pokemon types we have...

Earlier, I was thinking fighting=physical, and psychic=mental. Psychic/Fighting/Ghost is the other option that I came up with recently, since ghost could equal the spirit representation...

EDIT: Now you made me want to go listen to "The Raising Fighting Spirit" from the Naruto BGM. Such an awesome piece of music... :D

Tyrant626

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • Hmm.. Reshiram--FIRE/DRAGON--TurboBlaze~~~~~White Yang Pokemon
    Zekrom--ELECTRIC/DRAGON--TerraVoltage~~~~Black Yin Pokemon

hmmmmmm.... OOOOOOO!

Jap. name Koridenetsu (Koori=Ice Denetsu=Legend)
    U.S name Frostend

ICE/DRAGON---AeroFrost~~~Gray Yo Pokemon

It's like Rayquaza of V gen. It lives peacfully on the tallest mountain, and only comes down when Reshiram and Zekrom fight.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I like the wolf idea. I was thinking of kind of a totem pole idea, done up in a pseudo-native american design style (very popular in Japan these days, btw), but I wasn't able to think of three that would be cool. Wolf, Eagle, and.... Salmon? Oh wait! Bear! What about a Wolf, Eagle, and Bear trio? I don't know what types to give them.

Hmm.. Reshiram--FIRE/DRAGON--TurboBlaze~~~~~White Yang Pokemon
    Zekrom--ELECTRIC/DRAGON--TerraVoltage~~~~Black Yin Pokemon

hmmmmmm.... OOOOOOO!

Jap. name Koridenetsu (Koori=Ice Denetsu=Legend)
    U.S name Frostend

ICE/DRAGON---AeroFrost~~~Gray Yo Pokemon

It's like Rayquaza of V gen. It lives peacfully on the tallest mountain, and only comes down when Reshiram and Zekrom fight.

I like the idea of an Ice Dragon, but Reshiram and Zekrom have the same names in Japanese as they do in English, and they are both a play on words using "shiro" (white) and "kuro" (black). I think they mean something like "to turn white/black." So, how could you fit the Japanese word for gray (either gurei グレイ or hai-iro 灰色) into it? Also, hai-iro (literally ash color) would work better for a ground type, don't you think?

Last edited:

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
  • well zekrom and regiram attacks are effective to both that is no good sense for the anime it would be cool if there was pokemon like ho0oh and lugia

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • Well it is inevitable, as to what they will represent would be interesting. There has to be a master somewhere between the three, too. And considering more recent games have taken to having a set of minor legendaries based on being created in a greater legendary's image and a set of main legendaries that keeps the balance of nature, it will be interesting to see. Considering the Yin and Yang motif that they're going for, I would want to maybe see some fighting legendaries centered around some aspects of Buddhism or Bushido. Also considering the Black and White aspect of the game it could be possible to have two lesser trios, each based on opposing beliefs. One set for selflessness, bravery and charity, and one for selfishness, cowardice and greed. Something like that...

Pichu_War

Pichu from Johto
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2014
    how bout a trio based of the most powerful greek gods which is already a trio, hades + zeus + poseidon, it would be great, and they can also add more mythology inspired pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back