• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokémon Evolution Announcement!

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
  • I believe it'll be pronounced Dub-blade as in Double Blade.

But yeah it's alright, the pink works a lot better than the blue for the hilt actually.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Yeah, it's striking me as something that probably won't be very useful competitively.

But since we don't know its stats or moveset, who knows? Especially if it gets a third evo.
    I feel the same way...hopefully it's looks are deceiving.

I do think the pink works better. The blue on the hilt of honedge to me looked like a wave of water...

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
    Well...
    This was so unexpected. I thought its evolution would be more different. I'm not really fond of it, but if it can evolve again and looks different, I might change my views about it. And yes, the name is terrible.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That's....it? :/

I do actually kind of like the design, compared to Honedge, but damn, what a waste of an announcement.

The ghostly suit of armor would have been a much better idea for Honedge in general. Blah.

Waste of an announcement? They always do this kinda thing XD

I didn't expect Honedge to get an evo, but I wasn't expecting it to be any other Pokemon really. I saw Orotto since it hadn't gotten an American release yet.

Also...so now apparently all the old leaked Pokedexes are fake as I don't remember any of them saying that Honedge evolved. So we just killed more rumors thanks to Gamefreak and Facebook.

Years
  • Waste of an announcement? They always do this kinda thing XD

I didn't expect Honedge to get an evo, but I wasn't expecting it to be any other Pokemon really. I saw Orotto since it hadn't gotten an American release yet.

Also...so now apparently all the old leaked Pokedexes are fake as I don't remember any of them saying that Honedge evolved. So we just killed more rumors thanks to Gamefreak and Facebook.
    True...they get our hopes up only to crush them xD

Yeah, not like many beleived them anyways but it does dispell them.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    It sounds like Doughblade for some reason. I expected Honedge to evolve into something stupid like Magnemite, and thus I'm not disappointed.

Years
  • Honedge being the (so far) only 6th gen Pokémon I don't like - or rather completely not care for - I guess I can say I am rather disapointed.
    Or once again - I simply couldn't care less. 3:

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    the Honedge/doublade line is about as creative as the voltorb/electrode line

I think that this is miles more creative then the Pokeball line. Heck, anything is more creative then that line. It's not like this design is totally uninspired, it is actually based off of a famous shield and swords logo that I forgot the name of, or so it seems to be. Just because they added another sword, it doesn't mean that it is lazy. Evolving a pokeball into an upside down pokeball is lazy.

Years
  • I think that this is miles more creative then the Pokeball line. Heck, anything is more creative then that line. It's not like this design is totally uninspired, it is actually based off of a famous shield and swords logo that I forgot the name of, or so it seems to be. Just because they added another sword, it doesn't mean that it is lazy. Evolving a pokeball into an upside down pokeball is lazy.
    Imo Magneton is the least creative...second by the wack the Mole Dugtrio...

@ Twilight Sky. Yeah it could've been...they could've left it blue instead of giving it a magenta color.

New Pokémon Evolution Announcement!

Legit?
    I think they're confirmed fake, not too sure.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    That too, but I was mostly referring to the actual swords. At they they added a sharper part to the hilt...that's something xD
    yeah hopefully this is a middle stage and the swords actually change more, other than that i want to get a look at the back of the sheath and see whether its all one or if its more of a coat of arms type of design

Years
  • yeah hopefully this is a middle stage and the swords actually change more, other than that i want to get a look at the back of the sheath and see whether its all one or if its more of a coat of arms type of design
    From what I've seen it looks like two overlapping sheaths, but they could be fused but they aren't like a coat of arms it seems.

Back