• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon Game In World's first shocking Pokémon announcement ~ Next month!

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
  • Eh? Nothing about the new news that recently sprung up? Well I scouted around serebii, twitter, and pokebeach and apparently there's some news about the new game. It's called "Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition." The artwork for them looks interesting. People on twitter and youtube are already complaining about the game. The news hasn't even been out for 6 hours lol.

source: serebii & pokebeach.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Hilarious and too cheap to be developed for a current-gen system?

I couldn't be any more pleased with this result.

Hell, it might even be a good game. Heaven knows we've been waiting long enough for a Pokémon RPG that isn't a traditional turn-based jRPG.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • This is something I won't be playing.. I was expecting something like this but I remain disappointed. I may try it one time but it's not something I'm looking forward to, I still remain hopefull for an R/S remake & third game in 2012/13.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I think the game may be Japan exclusive, who knows. Lots of Nobunaga's Ambition games were never released outside of Japan.

Is it safe to assume this is also the Coro Coro announcement and that their next issue will just have details of this game? I hope the Coro Coro announcement is a completely different game. They did say it was a 'World first shocking announcement', so that could mean that this is indeed the game since it is a world first (Pokemon crossing over with another game), or they could mean 'world first' meaning they will be the first to announce the game. Blah, who knows.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I think the game may be Japan exclusive, who knows. Lots of Nobunaga's Ambition games were never released outside of Japan.

Is it safe to assume this is also the Coro Coro announcement and that their next issue will just have details of this game? I hope the Coro Coro announcement is a completely different game. They did say it was a 'World first shocking announcement', so that could mean that this is indeed the game since it is a world first (Pokemon crossing over with another game), or they could mean 'world first' meaning they will be the first to announce the game. Blah, who knows.
    Likely @ the first (and besides, who here actually knows the other series?) And with the second thing, I'd say it's very safe to assume that Coro Coro will talk about this game, not anything else.
    This is something I won't be playing..
    Especially if it doesn't even make it outside of Japan. =p

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • If it's set in the distant past like the rest of the Nobunaga games, then where did Mewtwo come from? It was something I noticed when I was looking through the screenshots and promotional art.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • I suuuurrrrrrrrreeeeeeee hope it'll be a Ruby/Sapphire remake! I was flippin out the other day when I read that a new game announcement will be next month! Now I wanna get Christmas over with so I can see the new game.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I guess we can forget about the Coro Coro announcement since it'll likely just expand on this. We should definitely still be getting a main game next year, and with the Kyurem movie being released in July, it seems pretty obvious that Gray will be released in September in Japan. That means we only have to wait till... freakin 2013 for a new main game in English!

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    This uh is nothing like Pokémon Ranger at all. The latter is a real-time action RPG whilst this appears to be a strategy / tactics RPG in the vein of Final Fantasy Tactis or something with what appears to be some out-of-battle army management sequences.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Lots of people are excited for this game, and what's funny is that they have no clue what this is going to be like since they don't even know what Nobunaga's Ambition is. The pictures hardly reveal anything at all so how can they even judge it and say it's going to be good? They may just end up disappointing themselves if its not good.

My hopes were low and Im still disappointed, I would have been much happier with a spin off like MD.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    From the screenshots, article descriptions and history of the Nobunaga's Ambition series it looks pretty clear to me that this a standard fare take on the strategy RPG formula.

What's more important is that I don't see Nintendo America wanting to touch a strange, Japanese-centric game for an old console full of historical figures you've never heard of with a ten-foot pole, regardless of whether there's a Pikachu in it or not.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I was pretty disappointed that the new game wasn't what I was expecting, but just by looking at the screen caps, I bet it's going to be a good game when it's released.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • This uh is nothing like Pokémon Ranger at all. The latter is a real-time action RPG whilst this appears to be a strategy / tactics RPG in the vein of Final Fantasy Tactis or something with what appears to be some out-of-battle army management sequences.

You don't know that ;) None of us do yet.

From the screenshots, article descriptions and history of the Nobunaga's Ambition series it looks pretty clear to me that this a standard fare take on the strategy RPG formula.

What's more important is that I don't see Nintendo America wanting to touch a strange, Japanese-centric game for an old console full of historical figures you've never heard of with a ten-foot pole, regardless of whether there's a Pikachu in it or not.

OMG NO PIKACHU! I want the game now xD

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
  • Will I be killed if I say this was actually positively shocking to see? xD

Though yeah, considering its foundations, I wouldn't be surprised if this never saw the light outside Japan. Which would be an epic mistake on our side. Of that much I'm sure.

I had never actually heard of the series it's apparently being crossed-over with, but it reminds me of Fire Emblem or Fantasy Tactics as was mentioned. Just being 'medieval', per say, gives it a whole new level. :3

Dunno why people should complain, though I suppose you can't please everyone; personally, I think some 'fresher' air (because it isn't really a radical change) is welcome. =P

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • Will I be killed if I say this was actually positively shocking to see? xD

Though yeah, considering its foundations, I wouldn't be surprised if this never saw the light outside Japan. Which would be an epic mistake on our side. Of that much I'm sure.

I had never actually heard of the series it's apparently being crossed-over with, but it reminds me of Fire Emblem or Fantasy Tactics as was mentioned. Just being 'medieval', per say, gives it a whole new level. :3

Dunno why people should complain, though I suppose you can't please everyone; personally, I think some 'fresher' air (because it isn't really a radical change) is welcome. =P

It's good to see new gameplay, but it pisses me off that developers don't want to flesh out the Pokémon universe a little bit. So far this seems to be non-canonical so it kinda takes away from it :(

I would love to see a game that has different gameplay, but still has a cannonical story.

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    I actually really like the idea of a Pokemon game set in a medieval universe.

But I'm worried it will be too much Nobunaga's Ambition and not enough pokemon, know what I mean?

Also I really hope you can have pokemon other than the 6 displayed. One of the main reasons I hated Pokepark was because you could only control 1 (or 4) pokemon.

I dunno, I feel that this is gonna be mostly just people running about, with maybe a dash of pokemon on the side as an afterthought.

Back