• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon Game In World's first shocking Pokémon announcement ~ Next month!

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    The official site has revealed that the male and female players will start out with Eevee – they are the boy and girl in the pictures below with Eevee. Additionally, the names of the bushou have been revealed: Oichi (Jigglypuff), Mitsuhide (Articuno), Shingen (Groudon), Kenshin (Mewtwo). As was already obvious, Nobunaga is the man with Zekrom. The website promises that "more bushou will be revealed in January."

Source: PokeBeach

Since it says more will be revealed in January, that makes me pretty sure that the Coro Coro announcement is just this with more info.

Years
  • Words can't describe how excited I am for this.

I was really losing all interest in he franchise due to Game Freak's repetitive nature, I even contemplated leaving the fanbase all together, but this announcement has rekindled my spirit. Hey, it may be a spin-off, but at least it's a breath of fresh air. I mean really, ancient Japanese warlords with legendary Pokemon? It doesn't get much more BA than that.

I don't like most Pokemon spin-offs, but I hope this one will be enjoyable. So far it looks pretty awesome!

It's good to see new gameplay, but it pisses me off that developers don't want to flesh out the Pokémon universe a little bit. So far this seems to be non-canonical so it kinda takes away from it :(

I would love to see a game that has different gameplay, but still has a cannonical story.
    Non-canonical? I'm not sure if we can come to that conclusion yet. The region has a name, and it just looks like medieval Pokemon trainers to me. However, I'm not familiar with the other series, so I'm most likely wrong. :/

Last edited:

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • From the screenshots, article descriptions and history of the Nobunaga's Ambition series it looks pretty clear to me that this a standard fare take on the strategy RPG formula.

What's more important is that I don't see Nintendo America wanting to touch a strange, Japanese-centric game for an old console full of historical figures you've never heard of with a ten-foot pole, regardless of whether there's a Pikachu in it or not.

If Nintendo really wanted to bring it over, they could possibly just whitewash the entire Sengoku-era history and make it take place at some point in the past of the Pokemon universe. Change the names of Nobunaga, Takeda, Toyotomi, Uesugi, etc. to people that have no affiliation with that time period.

There's actually precedent for this with the original Sengoku Basara game becoming Devil Kings when it was localized by Capcom. They erased all references to the Sengoku Jidai and turned all the characters into demons, monsters, etc. It went over like a lead balloon, but Nintendo has some of the most resourceful localization teams in Treehouse and 8-4 so they could likely make these changes in a much more graceful way than Capcom did with Basara.

I love anything pertaining to the Sengoku era so I'll probably import Nobunaga's Ambition x Pokemon just to get it unedited. Fortunately, it looks like the game is in kana instead of kanji so it'll be easy to read for a beginner Japanese reader like myself, though I still support it coming over even if everything has to be totally rewritten and westernized just because it's almost certain to be fun regardless.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    You don't know that ;) None of us do yet.

Uh...It's the premise of one game crossed over with Pokemon. We can reasonably assume that they won't completely change the genre of Nobunaga. In fact, that's a better assumption than it being like Ranger.

I know it's a very high chance it won't be localized, but I hope it is because I know my boyfriend's really into strategy games like this and I think he'd really like it haha. Although I don't think I would buy it personally because I'm bad bad bad at those. :( And I don't think it's what's being announced in Corocoro. :x

Years

• Uh...It's the premise of one game crossed over with Pokemon. We can reasonably assume that they won't completely change the genre of Nobunaga. In fact, that's a better assumption than it being like Ranger.

I know it's a very high chance it won't be localized, but I hope it is because I know my boyfriend's really into strategy games like this and I think he'd really like it haha. Although I don't think I would buy it personally because I'm bad bad bad at those. :( And I don't think it's what's being announced in Corocoro. :x
    You have to remember that anything with "Pokemon" slapped onto it sells like hotcakes. :|

Going just by that, there's still a pretty good chance that it will be localized.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Hey I like the idea of this, bringing something new to the table. Here's the trailer if you haven't seen it yet.

Frankly Game Freak is taking a bold move with this one. I'm impress by the new stuff they're bringing in. Can't wait for more. I'm a little sketchy on the actual plot though. I wonder what kind of bad guys you'll have to face, what kinds of pokemon you will encounter, and if you are able to catch any. So many questions, so little answers.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Definitely looks interesting, I've never heard or played Nobunaga's Ambition but it does look like it's Final Fantasy Tactics type game play so I'll be fine with it. Like other people have said I just hope it gets localized and hopefully without them changing everything just because they're expecting us to not know anything about the Sengoku era in Japan.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • This game looks fun. Tbh the only spinoff I disliked was Rumble most likely due to the toy Pokemon aspect.I love the female design. Makes me think of Kay Faraday.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • Sooo Samurai Warriors/Pokemon crossover game, with FF fighting style system. Hmmm idk looks interesting.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I was really surprised when I saw the trailer of it. The game looks very interesting. Once it comes out for English I'm going to buy it for sure. I'm glad they are doing something different for the Pokemon games.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • For those thinking that Nobunaga's Ambition games are like SRPGs, they're a lot less clear-cut than that and are far closer to sim games with RTS combat elements. Much closer to Civilization/Total War than, say, Final Fantasy Tactics. I can actually see the game working really well with a Pokemon theme, though it would require a long explanation why.

Basically, anyone interested in getting a taste of the Nobunaga's Ambition series can track down a copy of one of the two PS2 games that were released in North America, Rise to Power and Iron Triangle. Just be warned, they're hard to find since most Koei strategy titles aren't released in large numbers. Your best hope will be finding a used copy at Gamestop, though even then that's a challenge in itself.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • So our first true spin-off of the Fifth Generation? looks interesting and all, but this is similar to Total War you say? Hmmm...don't know if I'll get this, but of course I'll wait for any new annoucements and news first before I make my final decision.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Huh, so this is the game CoroCoro was talking about.
    Since it's for the DS, what's the chance of it being "3DS enhanced"?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    This game does look very interesting. What I really love about it is that it's just a fresh feel for Pokémon isn't it?

I'd love for it to some here, and I suppose if we see it sell well in Japan, then I'm sure it would do well here, I mean like Kirbychu said, anything for the world "Pokémon" sells like hot cakes. :3

Though, this being on the DS could symbolise the fact that it isn't too late to Game Freak to release a main series game on the DS, but I'm not too sure I'm up for that anyway. D:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I think it'll be fun just to hold us over til the next installment in the main series. It looks pretty fun, but had it been it's own completely original series I'd be more excited. But still, I'll be buying. It'll get me in the mood for Pokémon again.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Better have the same kind of sarcasm as Disgaea or I am not going to buy it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    For those thinking that Nobunaga's Ambition games are like SRPGs, they're a lot less clear-cut than that and are far closer to sim games with RTS combat elements. Much closer to Civilization/Total War than, say, Final Fantasy Tactics. I can actually see the game working really well with a Pokemon theme, though it would require a long explanation why.

The given screenshots show a battle screen that don't appear to look much like the usual Nobunaga games though, albeit it's nearly impossible to find good gameplay footage of these games. They have a massive resemblance to a battle from Final Fantasy Tactics A2.

I get the feeling the game system maybe be somewhat simplified given the games' content.

Last edited:
    Back